[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Vote on Asking SourceForge to Revert Admin Rights

Vote on Asking SourceForge to Revert Admin Rights

Just scream. We know you want to.
Forum rules
There will be no censorship here. There is no government here. There is only freedom.

Should We Write to SourceForge.net about our Admin Rights Removal?

Yes, restore Red1's admin rights, remove the rest
17%
Yes, restore Red1's admin rights, not remove the rest
8%
No, it is better at the present status quo
8%
We wait for August Citizens Elections to Vote to Restore Leadership.
58%
Open Forum Voting Now (voters must prove identity)
8%

Total votes : 12

Vote on Asking SourceForge to Revert Admin Rights

Postby red1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:44 pm

When i was in Brazil http://forum.kenos.com.br/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=810, they told me of the same problem they have that we have in main ADempiere project. One active admin cum committer but always breaks trunk without notice removed the others' more stable administrators' rights. They then wrote to SourceForge.net Admin giving the trail of events and the community's show of support for a revert to the stable trunk administrator as well as remove the rights of the previous admin.

Is this something that we should do? Or should we wait until August elections?
red1
red1
Site Admin

Re: Vote on Asking SourceForge to Revert Admin Rights

Postby red1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:10 pm

(Carlos email today)
Thanks Redhuan,

I would like to add this is the actual roadmap for iDempiere project, tagged to be released at Q1-2013
http://jira.idempiere.com/secure/IssueN ... stId=10201

Things are evolving really well, I think slowly the "community around iDempiere" (as Redhuan called it) is understanding how decentralized approach works.
I would say this is the community to brag about:
164 members of JIRA
107 members of idempiere google groups (44 for the spanish group)
64 followers on bitbucket

This project doesn't need elections, neither CC, neither PMC, neither central bodies to take decisions, neither business people to shut up flames, neither marketing people trying to force developers to hide bugs.
Having said that - Heng Sin and I make decisions about the iDempiere repository at bitbucket as the maintainers of such repository. But of course we don't make decisions on all the forks around.
At this moment iDempiere has 12 forks and the transition version (globalqss361) has 10 forks.

People working on a fork that wants something on our maintained repository can ask us for peer review - that's what I mostly do on weekly wednesday meetings.

IMHO - as I already said Redhuan - adempiere project is dead - maybe better described like a zombie :-)
Statistics just prove that, you can check by yourselves:

http://www.ohloh.net/p/iDempiere
30 Day Summary Sep 8 — Oct 8 -> 102 Commits - 9 Contributors including 2 new contributors
12 Month Summary Oct 8 — Oct 8 -> 733 Commits Up +376 (64.384%) from previous 12 months

http://www.ohloh.net/p/adempiere
30 Day Summary Sep 12 — Oct 12 -> 24 Commits - 4 Contributors
12 Month Summary Oct 12 — Oct 12 -> 378 Commits Down -180 (-27.735%) from previous 12 months

What about tickets?
http://jira.idempiere.com/browse/IDEMPIERE
Issues: 30 Day Summary -> 33 created and 29 resolved

https://adempiere.atlassian.net/browse/ADEMPIERE
Issues: 30 Day Summary -> Issues: 9 created and 2 resolved
And here I'm pretty sure that most of the movement on this JIRA is caused by LBR, not by Adempiere.

:-) So, IMHO, let's face it, bye bye Adempiere. They just have a really poor "community governance" without code.
Sooner or later they'll be forced to copy or move to iDempiere (if they're not copying already on their own private forks).

Welcome to iDempiere, a real open source decentralized project, where everybody is equal on the equality that allows forking and releasing your own distro.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

On 12/10/12 18:51, red1 wrote:
> Hi <Name withheld>,
> Well, you should know very well the explosive nature of this subject if we are to show up there and pose some ideas or questions. I myself am still lost of what kind of community governance and project roadmap thinking they have that will change the status quo. They are quite unlike the previous PMC whom we know will be serious about the questions you have. And the proof of it is that Carlos still seriously work on the trackers here at jira.idempiere.com as a real technical open source guru should.
>
> I think my stand or our stand still stands - we work away from the main adempiere scene and in the idempiere project, to allow sure growth and avoid destructive flames. In my recent visit to Japan the iDempiere approach gain excitement and immediate recognition as Japanese are technical minded.

> Talking about OSGi and how Carlos and Hengsin work as well as about LBR by Kenos of been the best example of a country's localization, were my highlights during the conference in Tokyo. You people and what and how you do things are the only real stuff to talk about and the present non governance in AD.eV is an anti-climax, a real bump in our project.
>
> So i suggest we continue and discuss our own roadmaps, review our own code, move solidly into iDempiere and publish independently but associated to each other under one landing page wiki at http://www.idempiere.com. This also give better and clearer branding to your own company. From there on, our content must be technical and no longer political. I know you guys personally to be very contributive and community material.
>
> I just completed an upgrade of the iDempiere Installer with an Upgrade Assistant viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1629&p=8104#p8104
> and since yesterday reading up on how HengSin is using the Eclipse way of updating code in the project via p2 - http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Getting_Started which will bring us light years ahead from where we were. This is really very complex and a technical roadmap for me myself to digest, and so i must focus and spend lots of time and effort on it.
>
> I think such a focus and consolidation of our time and effort can bring about fast change as we can see how Carlos, Hengsin and their silent focus has attracted their own community around them as can be seen in the jira membership and tracker commits authors. This is how a real open source project will grow. I am really optimistic that with your participation there we will soon set a clear path for the whole ADempiere community to follow.
>
> You are most welcome to discuss more directly with Carlos if need be or in http://www.red1.org/adempiere forum or in our #idempiere chatroom during Wednesday meetings (if Carlos is OK with this).
>
> I am happy of your email here which is the only one so far from the community and this proves one thing in my mind - there are very few serious people that makes this project grows this far.
>
> Kind Regards
> red1
>
> On 10/13/12 2:03 AM, <Name withheld> wrote:
>> Hi Red1,
>>
>> I hope you are fine, how was your trip to Japan?
>>
>> I want to know if you are planning anything to creating or joining a CC Team. What are your plans to Adempiere project?
>>
>> I have nothing against the current team, but I think that the CC needs to be more active to keep the project health and organized. For now the current team only moderates the community instead of have a role of government. The way it's currently managed there are some problems if you look to the big picture, you have some people working in separated topics in the Functional Team and Technical Team, but what this project really needs is a well detailed roadmap, witch is impossible to achieve if you have people working in their needs instead of project needs.
>>
>> I'm writing because of the below, so I don't have time to discuss with <Name withheld>, but I think he shares the same idea.
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/adempi ... ic/6014280
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
><Name withheld>
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 pm

I replied another email today:
Hi <name withheld>,
I was afraid someday, someone out there will say these brave sounding words to try to stir me into action. :) And that day is today. I am flattered and honoured and at first i did not intend to response. But more people will write so its better i put forth a response for others to know too.

Firstly all i can say about 'turning my ship away' is yes and no.
Yes, it may seem so, that someone who refused to fight after a long battle must either have lost or have lost. Actually i have analysed the past fightings and must admit there are shortcomings in fighting all the time.
But No, because i have never given up hope. If i have (1) I wouldn't have answered your email. (2) I would not have revived my forum and support the other community channels around iDempiere. (3) I would not have travelled far and wide actively campaigning for the cause of the priceless contributors. (4) we wouldn't be so busy building up this ship, or ships if you consider the new bitbucket of forks that is more of an ocean rather than a single ship.

In fact i think this is the clear path of victory. The gentlemen left in AD.eV has lost both moral and project upper hand. The last post i made about the statistics is showing they as the sinking ship, and i am sad. We are fine, and doing fine and in fact has the right community with us. So permit them their pride to sink. For good riddance.

Bear in mind that Carlos and me still act as trustees holding the main domains and we have held on record without abuse since September 2006, thus legally it is difficult for any group after that date to claim we are illegitimate. We have a whole big project result to show for and not them.

With such domains we can protect the assets from total destruction in any final analysis. At least no one can ever sell these rights to some commercial entity which is our greatest and ultimate fear. Our impasse between both sides has created at least a stalemate which to me is better than going wholesale to the other side. Now that side in in decay clear and simple.

If we do not bother with their inaction, or the way they changed the eleciton rules and ruling conventions, then they are further buried in self-paralysis and pasivity, with no real contributors nor active citizens on their side. We are now stronger than last year for a battle but must we fight just because we can win? Why not wait and have an even more complete victory, without firing a single shot?

Though stubborn i may sound here, i still count on voices and members like you to continue giving us this moral support and confidence under this ship with its new sails and direction. Help us on a good technical growth of this project and eventually improve the culture of respect for real work and not big words. That is meritocracy and always the same 3 line mantra - contributors are priceless, you have to be.

I give you my firm assurance. The bazaar and its flag or brand is alright. Do not take my word for it. Just wait and see.

red1

On 10/15/12 7:16 PM, <name withheld> wrote:
> Hi red1,
> I hope you have had a fruitful trip across the adempiere
> community and made some good friends that will help advance
> the opensource ERP agenda. As you may be aware, we have been
> able to
> get the CC leadership to start the electioneering process to
> elect new CC members. It seems to me that Carlos and your
> good self
> have abandoned the project and are unwilling to participate
> in this process as i have gleened from reading your forums.
> I would like to remind you
> that you fought a war to restore the community with
> overwhelming support from a dormant community which was
> awakened at the time to make thier voice heard. Subsequently
> community voted to wait for
> the term of the current CC to end before any further action
> is taken to win this war. It seems to me that things have
> changed, u\'ve had a change of affection and you are no
> longer interested
> in victory but has turned your ships away just when we were
> about to get what we really wanted. Just when the \"enemy\"
> was overwhelmed and had silently accepted defeat, creating a
> vacuum in the
>
> process.
> I urge you not to quit this time around ALSO, just like you
> quit on the other accasions and as a result \"failed\" the
> community. I urge that you take steps to honor the community
> voice,
> the community vote that said action should be taken after
> the expiry of term of the current CC.
> It is ok to pursue IDempiere since we all believe it is the
> future, but you cant just leave without finishing what you
> started, you cant just leave without honoring the voice of
> the community
> which put their faith in you. The process for election is
> between 12 and 28 oct 2012, i believe that
> this is an opportunity to right some of the wrongs that have
> been done to the project.
> Even if you are not interested in a position, you can be
> involved in the process so we choose a leadership that will
> be progressive.
> For now, adempiere is the production system the community
> depends on, we need to make sure the brand does not
> diminish, we need to make sure that we dont start all over
> because we allow others to
>
> take the spoils they dont deserve. There are some fair
> minded individuals who you can urge to step up to coordinate
> things.
> I know how you and Carlos and Hengsin have contributed to
> the project, but its not finished, there\'s a community to
> rescue.....
> Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, dont let this opportunity pass us by.
> It will be another two years of moving backward.
>
> <name withheld>
>
> --
> This message was sent to your SourceForge.net email alias via the web mail form. You may reply to this message directly, or via https://sourceforge.net/sendmessage.php?touser=<withheld>
> To update your email alias preferences, please visit https://sourceforge.net/account
>
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 am

red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 am

red1
Site Admin