CC Accountability and Project Governance

Just scream. We know you want to.
Forum rules
There will be no censorship here. There is no government here. There is only freedom.

CC Accountability and Project Governance

Postby globalqss » Sat May 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Another "moderated" post by Community Council on Adempiere forums, brought here for historical purposes:
Post used to be here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempie ... ic/4539079

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal answer from Carlos Ruiz, NOT an official position from iDempiere project.

This is intended as an answer to CC questions posted by Karsten here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/adempi ... e=10204165

Karsten, first of all, please don't blame us because this project is sinking.
Let's divide this answer in two sections: CC Accountability, Project Governance

CC ACCOUNTABILITY:

What makes you think as CC that you can ask community these kind of questions - meanwhile you refuse to answer community questions here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempie ... dex/page/4

* *SEVEN* (7) community members are asking in such thread for an explanation about the CC abuse deleting a message without proper justification.
But CC seems to be deaf again.

* I have filed on CC this case without a single answer (positive or negative):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempie ... ic/4440705

* I also filed on CC a case about domain abuse in a latin country, filed by email and forums, I just received one answer from a member that is disabled to look for a domain abuse case.

* CC dropped admin permissions from Redhuan without previous notification or due process. Supposedly CC dropped Redhuan's permissions because they're the only one that must administer permissions.
But at the same time CC delay 8 months a permission request from a developer like is documented here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/adempi ... e=10154418

My conclusion, CC is not doing their duties, and worst not allowing others to do them.

QUESTION FOR CC AND COMMUNITY:

I'm asking you then:
IS CC ACCOUNTABLE?
Or you are a dictatorship body that can delete things, expel members, drop wiki facts, but you don't have accountability to answer community about your actions.

IMHO you're doing nothing beyond prosecuting a couple of top members (I don't understand the intentions), that's the only actions you can show during this period you have been "in charge".

PROJECT GOVERNANCE:

I'm sorry to say this - but Adempiere project is sinking, and I guess we're trying to *SAVE* IT the same way we saved Compiere from sinking 5 years ago.

But please take note, Adempiere is sinking not because of us, but because of YOU -> the actual government bodies.

* CC abused "moderation" is making people to look for fresh air in other forums, I didn't have a choice, the repeated abuse deleting my posts compelled me to migrate to Redhuan forums to breath!
And you can see now that red1 forums are moving more than these forums because people is migrating slowly there.
When are you going to read those facts and understand that you suffocated communication here.
People expect you correct the course, not keep sit in stupid rules invented by yourselves.

* CC is banning the forums that created this project - a message was deleted with the excuse that I mentioned red1 forums, hiding the fact that red1 forums GAVE BIRTH to this project.

* CC was elected with the expectation to prosecute some known abusers (defamation and domain abuse cases) - reality has shown that you're prosecuting non-abusers and giving prominence and protection to the abusers.

* CC/FT/TT/ADeV meetings are conducted practically in secrecy - we don't have access to what is discussed, the minutes are mostly one or two lines

* Now CC scissors ("moderation") is even deleting some known facts from wiki pages without any due process (Trifon is one of the founders and he wanted to underline it):
http://www.adempiere.com/index.php?titl ... ldid=45369

Enough facts? CC must gain respect from community, and you're failing on that.
Not because you were elected means automatically that community trust you.
Can I ask at this moment for a vote of no confidence for this CC, and conduct new elections if community wants to change you?
[Although I think that unfortunately will be a late answer and it won't revive the project]

But let's continue, CC is not the only guilty of this project sinking:

* TT team announced to drop ssh access to my mercurial repositories, so I was compelled to move to kenai (and now to bitbucket) to have proper ownership of my code and not depend on a body I don't trust.

* FT/TT team asked me to change the name of my 360-maintenance branch supposedly to accomplish some branding rules that CC members are disrespecting.

* ADeV tried to get ownership of domains, instead of prosecuting the domain abusers.
To achieve that Redhuan and I suffered attacks and hard accusations from some prominent ADeV members as if we were abusing of something.
But abusers just receive appraisals from same people because of returning abused assets.
[ By the way most of the abused domains has not been returned, one of them was hidden behind a proxy so we cannot prove that it was returned ]

* Adempiere logo is supposedly "owned" by a person that has abused of other assets - it's not covered with a free license, so anybody could be prosecuted because of its usage.
Supposedly the logo ownership was going to be "transferred" to ADeV - but there are no proof about that.
And unfortunately that won't be enough, the logo must be released with a free license (Creative Commons probably).

* FT/TT teams promised to make a release on May 1st - but they have shown nothing.

* FT/TT teams are failing to evolve Adempiere - the most prominent thing they can show as work in past six months is the partial copy of some bug fixes and improvements from GlobalQSS361 and iDempiere.

* Last FT/TT meeting was empty according to the last minute http://www.adempiere.com/Technical_Team#20110519
Which additional facts do you require to realize that you're making Adempiere sink?

*I realized that!* And I'm working hard (as usual) to keep Adempiere live. Yes, I chose to follow a project with a different name (iDempiere), because Adempiere project is tainted: domains are abused, logo is owned by a dangerous person, and decision making bodies (CC/FT/TT/ADeV) are far from FOSS community practices, and full of people far from merits to be there.
And every day the project keeps stagnated people show to have less merits.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
- top committer
- one of the top contributors
- top ranked Official Implementor
- former PMC Head during the first four years of the project
- one of the Adempiere founders
globalqss
Senior

Re: CC Accountability and Project Governance

Postby globalqss » Sat May 21, 2011 3:48 pm

This is the received message from CC notifying the deletion - now I was threatened :-)
-------- Original message --------
Subject: Deleted your post
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:39:54 +0200
To: Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez
CC: The rest of CC members

Hi Carlos,

again you violated the communication rules of this community (attacks, repetetive arguments).

Therefore I deleted your post.

Karsten asked you friendly and neutral whether you fork or not.

Either you reply to that while following our rules or leave it.

As you are violating the rules of this project on a regular basis I want to point you to the possible consequence that if you do not change your behaviour we might initiate a process to expel you from the project.

Best regards,

Norbert

Here is the text of the post that has been deleted:
globalqss
Senior

Postby red1 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:59 am

Carlos,
You never learn! Just stay out of there. I have to keep coming back and defend you or kick u back to my forum where it is out of harm's way. ;)

My personal opinion of all this is that they are been unfair and highly prejudicial by any standard. You can't even call for a vote of no-confidence, something which is perfectly allowed in true democracy. People without merit or contribution at least in comparison can make harsh rules and actions while those with zero contribution can make hurtful inconsiderate statements. You still wana lurk there? Go back and finish your masterpiece. The world awaits you. You remind me of Vincent. When you are long gone, then will the world wonder and worship about you. Fools!
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:19 am

But at least in a way i like to see how they going to go about expelling someone who head their project faithfully all this while before they come into power. What will be the process? Call for your defense? Haha! Call for vote? I don't think so. But why bother. Let them sink a while. No decent coder will come close to them ever. So do you know what you got? We still have the URLs under us. We could have fire the missiles if we want to. But it is pathetic counter reaction. They brought upon themselves with lots of fanciful hopes that the project will progress with their announcements and expecting volunteers to give help without expecting good maintenance. A govt that does nothing stays nothing.
red1
Site Admin

Postby globalqss » Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Another post subject to CC scissors, same subject, pointing here, brought here for the same reasons

-------- Original message --------
Subject: Deleted your post
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:04:44 +0200
To: Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez <carg67@gmail.com>
CC: The rest of CC members

Hi Carlos,

I deleted your post because of the same reasons as last one.

Norbert

Here is the text of the post that has been deleted:

2011-05-23 04:17:49 CEST

Somebody asked me what happened to my message with this subject, as the sourceforge notification cut the message in the half.

For your enjoyment you can read the whole message in the legendary forums that gave birth to this project:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1281
These forums doesn't have scissors, as it must be in a FOSS community.

Reason of deletion here?
Seems that CC is not just arrogant, but untouchable.
They didn't cope with somebody showing their responsibility on inaction, and proving that project is sinking.

Now, they challenged to expel me from the project and I'm eagerly waiting to hear the charges (I guess I can wait elsewhere, as I don't expect a due process from CC).
The only possible charge is that they deleted some messages from me, some of them abusively without enough proof that I broke any rule.

Now they deleted a message where I dared to call for a vote of no confidence on them. Ultimate proof that current government is illegitimate.

Let's see, I'm being expelled because of trying to keep alive a dying project.
What a shot in the foot, I'm eager to see it.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby red1 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:57 am

Why dont Sissy.. i mean CC just come out and give you a real reason? I think the real reason are:
1. You criticise too much on some little faults of people of course it helps degrade the trunk, but you are supposed to speak nicely to lawbreakers.:)
2. You do not make jokes like Redhuan. Of course i stop been humorous when i see the project stagnate due to those big bugs that walks through into the project claiming to be in production.

haha.. i like the last joke i just made!

I read the last battle in SourceForge. I must say you fight very well amigo. I thought of asking you to shut up but i am enjoying it alot. It does open up my often boring dawn mornings i have here.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Rants Allowed