Terror on September '11, Berlin

Just scream. We know you want to.
Forum rules
There will be no censorship here. There is no government here. There is only freedom.

Re: Terror on September '11, Berlin

Postby red1 » Sat May 21, 2011 6:12 am

Ok i am just warming up. Actually Karsten threw interesting points in his post. He said,
Do you see idempiere as a part (side project) of the ADempiere project to develop
new core functionality
or is idempiere a fork - a new competing erp project similar to OpenBravo?

If you see idempiere as a part of ADempiere we ask you to use the ADempiere
infrastructure as much as possible.
Use our forums (of course we can open a new ADempiere osgi forum) and have the
repository here on SourceForge.
Like every repository but the trunk you can set up your own commit rules for
your repository. If there are
technical reasons for using a different platform there should be at least a
clone of the repository on SourceForge.
If you remain in the project we ask you to respect this community entities which
are the citizens, CC, FT and
TT team and the rules that have been commonly agreed upon.

If idempiere is ment to be a separate project we ask you to stop advertising
it in the ADempiere forums. As said
before - of course you are free to fork but if you do please stop fighting here
just like we all did when we forked
from Compiere. Build up your project, we wish you the best and from time to
time both projects will probably merge some code...

I will address them later. Have to send my daughter out to work.
red1
Site Admin

Re: Terrorised on September '11, Berlin

Postby red1 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 am

Do you see idempiere as a part (side project) of the ADempiere project to develop
new core functionality

Yes, it is part of developing a new core functionality and it is done by none other than the most famous people in the project. I won't pretend you do not know who Carlos Ruiz and HengSin is. Also the importance of OSGi. Or don't tell me you not aware of the great releases and bug fixing and code review and stabilizing work of Carlos Ruiz? Don't kid yourself.

or is idempiere a fork - a new competing erp project similar to OpenBravo?

You kidding me again? Do you see us wearing Armanis and driving Ferraris? Do you see like we got USD13m in venture capital funding? Why lumped us into that? That shows your bias. I am not surprised because you guys don't show any contribution for so long. And yet you rather point fingers at others and not yourself.

If you see idempiere as a part of ADempiere we ask you to use the ADempiere infrastructure as much as possible.Use our forums (of course we can open a new ADempiere osgi forum) and have the repository here on SourceForge. Like every repository but the trunk you can set up your own commit rules for your repository. If there are technical reasons for using a different platform there should be at least a clone of the repository on SourceForge.

Carlos was not allowed to clone as adempiere361. My admin rights that i have faithfully carried out real hard admin work since day 1 was removed arbitrarily without even summary notice. You keep making accusations that trap yourself. In the end we are labeled as advertising. Under what rules? I remembered we could talk about Compiere and OpenBravo or any other project based on merit. You got the rules upside down. Bazaar rules are against commercial intent. We got no commercial intent. But yet we get intimidated and marginalised as if we are some sort of garbage (non-Java term).

If you remain in the project we ask you to respect this community entities which
are the citizens, CC, FT and TT team and the rules that have been commonly agreed upon.

Again, under whose rules and decisions? You remove admin rights based not on convention but political rules to protect your own turf. We are getting worried. It is not only us. You spread lies and myths about Carlos not able to work with others but there is no proof. And there is no call for his defence. Such undemocractic rules and decisions won't be respected but dissented.

If idempiere is ment to be a separate project we ask you to stop advertising it in the ADempiere forums. As said before - of course you are free to fork

Every word we print in ADempiere is meant to protect the project. We keep protecting and maintaining code in our own branches and repositories if need be. We kept publishing work in our own blogs or forums if need be. Merit is judged according to real work. So show it or lose the right to become an ADempierean.

but if you do please stop fighting here just like we all did when we forked from Compiere.

The only one flaming others to fight are actually you and Norbert. We have posted quite peacefully and factually. When we are quiet, Norbert make accusations without basis. And now yours too. Look around. Who is fighting? Is asking and answering questions fighting? The only words i see talking about terrorist attacks are your own. You seemed to be the one mentioning 'fighting'.

Build up your project, we wish you the best and from time to time both projects will probably merge some code...

That's the spirit. Congratulating great work and hoping for the best. Why don't just maintain that spirit in the first place? By the way, what do you mean by 'buiId up your project'? We been building up the whole project from day one and never leave it until told to do so. Has others also helped build up the project? Where and how? I also wish you guys good luck taking back the code CR and HS did. Now just take it peacefully. It is GPL. Don't make claims that it is yours. That will be worst than forking. Better still show your own code. Others want us to continue coding and 'advertising' about it. If you don't like this kind of anarchy, i suggest you humbly leave the Bazaar and join a Cathedral.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Rants Allowed