Sales orders permission

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Sales orders permission

Postby chanls » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:22 am

I wonder if it is possible to set permissions on sales orders such that only particular people can see specific orders.

Basically I want a sales rep can only see the sales orders assigned to him/her using the "Sales Representative" field. Other sales rep cannot see the orders not assigning to them.

I know "Private Record Lock" may be able to achieve this but this requires manual assignment to exclude other roles. This may not be feasible while we generate hundreds of sales orders each day.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Nelson Chan
chanls

Re: Sales orders permission

Postby globalqss » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:38 am

Hi Nelson, maybe you can try the Where clause of the tab using @#AD_User_ID@ context variable.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Re: Sales orders permission

Postby chanls » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 am

Thanks Carlos for your suggestion. I actually find the "Sales Rep Info" window meets most of my need with slight modification.

I'll start by copying the sales rep info window and then make the necessary adjustments.

Nelson Chan
chanls

Return to HELP ME!!!