AR Receipt Print Format

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

AR Receipt Print Format

Postby chanls » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:38 pm

I need to assign a specific print format to the document type "AR Receipt" (for printing the receipts to the customers after receiving the payments).

I try to change the "Print Format" in the "Document Type" but the print out always uses the print format set in the "Bank Account Document" (which is set to the cheque print format for payment selection).

How can I override this? I try to look for the code portion which determines the print format used but I am not able to locate the code yet.

If someone can give me a hint on which java file determines the print format to use, I can work on that by myself.

I am using adempiere 3.6.1 with swing GUI.

Thanks!

Nelson Chan
chanls

Re: AR Receipt Print Format

Postby globalqss » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 am

Nelson, on 361.Final code -> org.compiere.print.ReportEngine line 1250

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby chanls » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 am

Thanks Carlos for the great answer. I am quite sure I can work from there.

Will ask again if I run into any issues.

Nelson Chan
chanls

Postby itbservices » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:02 am

Hello Nelson,

I have the same problem of you with AR Receipt. Could you explain me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jorge Iván Tabares
itbservices

Postby chanls » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:13 am

Hi Jorge,

I changed the query for "CHECK" in ReportEngine.get(). I simply changed the "SELECT bad.Check_PrintFormat_ID....." to "SELECT COALESCE(dt.AD_PrintFormat_ID,bad.Check_PrintFormat_ID)" and this resolves my issue.

Hope this help!

Nelson Chan
chanls

Return to HELP ME!!!