Is it possible to send the alert content as inline mail?

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Is it possible to send the alert content as inline mail?

Postby vivekjustthink » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi,

I defined an alert with static subject and message. And in alert rule i specified a query. Now when the query retrieve records the alert is triggered. And the query result is mailed as an excel attachment. Is it possible to include the content in mail itself and avoid attachments? Thank You!!

regards
vivek
vivekjustthink

Re: Is it possible to send the alert content as inline mail?

Postby nmicoud » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi,

In System Configutator window, you can play with ALERT_SEND_ATTACHMENT_AS_XLS. IMHO, if you set it to N, you should get what you expect.

Regards,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby vivekjustthink » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Great nicolas,

Thank you very much. i changed the search key from Y to N. it works fine. Can we align the text format? It just listed in the row. Is it possible in UI or we need to modify it in code?
vivekjustthink

Postby nmicoud » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm

I have no idea.
Maybe you can try to adjust you sql statement ?
nmicoud
Regular

Return to HELP ME!!!