Is Generic UOM Conversion possible in adempiere?

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Is Generic UOM Conversion possible in adempiere?

Postby vivekjustthink » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi,

I know that adempiere allows UOM conversion for products. Is it possible to create generic UOM conversion.

let's say i have 1000 different products with UOM kgs. But the transaction UOM for all those products is Tons. From Kgs to tons the multiply rate is 1000. I shouldn't specify uom conversion for all those 1000 products one by one. I want it to be generic i.e if i convert any product with UOM kgs to tons the uom conversion should apply. Is this possible with adempiere?

Hope i made my problem clear. Please suggest me some solutions..!!

thanks
vivek
vivekjustthink

Re: Is Generic UOM Conversion possible in adempiere?

Postby red1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:17 pm

You have described your case well enough for me to understand. However you should post this at the HELP forum instead of this RANT one.

Anyway have you researched this topic enough in the project forums and also code? I believe this generic approach has to be modified in code to be more automatic if i understand your description correctly.
red1
Site Admin

Postby vivekjustthink » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi red1,
Thanks for your reply, sorry i was little confused to choose the forum by its title. I haven't tried in code, i just wanted to know if it's already possible in adempiere. k let me try something with code. Thank You!!
vivekjustthink

Postby red1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 am

OK i moved both your posts here in HELP ME!!!
To answer you again, yes i think what you proposed is possible. It need some understanding of the code practice. A good source to understand the best practice is in the main old wiki here http://www.adempiere.com/ADempiere_Best_Practices
red1
Site Admin

Return to HELP ME!!!