[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Update a field label dynamically ?

Update a field label dynamically ?

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Update a field label dynamically ?

Postby nmicoud » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi all,

Is it possible to change dynamically a field name ?
For instance, i check a box (or select a special value from a list) and it will update another field name ?

I'm starting with Swing, what could be the way to do it ?
Any idea ?

Thanks,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Re: Update a field label dynamically ?

Postby globalqss » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Nicolas, I guess not exactly what you would expect, but I needed something similar on LCO and solved it creating

here is a screenshot:

SendSchedule.png
SendSchedule.png (148.82 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

The readonly field on the left contains the "label" and is filled via callout. (In this case the fields with "vret..." and "vabo...")
The field on the right is the corresponding amount that user must fill.
Both fields are marked as field-only.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby nmicoud » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 pm

For instance, refering to your screenshot, i would like to set 'Client' for the first field (by default).
Then, if i select Joe Block in Related Partner, then field header should become "Yiiipiiie".

I'm searching how DocAction and Posted fields are updated. Do you know where it is coded ?

Thanks

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby nmicoud » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 pm

It is not coded, that's just some lists !!!!

Your solution should work but i would have prefer something nicer.
Don't know if it is even possible.

Thanks again
nmicoud
Regular

Return to HELP ME!!!