Deletion audit

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Deletion audit

Postby chanls » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi all,

I am using adempiere 361 with postgresql as the backend DB.

I can enable "Maintain Change Log" for a specific role and the log tracks all the changes (insert and update). However, it seems deletions are not tracked.

For example, if I create an invoice and prepare it, all the "invoice line" items are added to the DB. If I delete an item from the invoice line and complete the invoice, there is no way for me to find out when/who deleted the item. The only way I can tell that the item was deleted is from the missing "c_invoiceline_id" in the DB.

Is there a way to track the "delete actions" as well?

Thanks!

Nelson Chan
chanls

Re: Deletion audit

Postby globalqss » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:17 am

Nelson, I just tested on http://demo.globalqss.com and change log is saving deletion records, indeed it saves all the columns that you marked as loggable, so if you have enough columns the records can be reconstructed from there.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby chanls » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks Carlo. I tried in http://demo.globalqss.com and as you said, the change log tracked the delete actions.

Now I need to find out how I can patch my adempiere 361 to enable this tracking feature.

Nelson Chan
chanls

Postby chanls » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 pm

It seems I can answer this question myself.

Once I enable "Maintain Change Log" of a particular table (e.g., c_invoiceline) in the application dictionary, the "delete" actions are logged.

Thanks a lot!

Nelson Chan
chanls

Return to HELP ME!!!