Trees improvements

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Trees improvements

Postby nmicoud » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi,

I'm studying trees (on business partners) and i would like to share my thoughts :

- SQL limitations are not applied on trees
You can check it on [url]demo.idempiere.com[/url] using GardenAdmin ; i've added a new org 'Area51', added a new business partner (100000) on it, and de-activate access on this org for GardenAdmin role.
Then, i added a tree in BP window.
Now, when logging in GardenWord, i can't find the new business partner using Search, but it i available in the tree (BP Name = 'Should not be there').
Is this a bug or a feature ?

- Reload
Trees are loaded when the window is initialized. It would be a good thing to be able to reload it manually (by adding a new item in the right click menu).

- Full/Restrict
I've seen there is a limitation of 99999 nodes for a tree. (methode getSeNo of MTreeNode)
Code: Select all
String retValue = "0000" + m_seqNo; // not more than 100,000 nodes
  if (m_seqNo > 99999)
   log.log(Level.SEVERE, "MTreeNode.getIndex - TreeNode Index is higher than 99999");

Would it be possible to add something that allow user to see the whole tree or only a specific excerpt (eg: only nodes which are related to the current business partner ; which supposes that trees can be reloaded dynamically).

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Return to HELP ME!!!