Part Payment with Sales Order

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Part Payment with Sales Order

Postby zulqarnainhabib » Thu May 26, 2011 8:23 pm

I am in phase of planning to implement Adempiere at a company which sells cars on instalments. When it delivers a car it takes some down payment and makes a payment schedule for rest of the amount.

In Adempiere a Pre-pay Sales Order is something similar to what I need. But the issue is to receive the payment the user needs to open Payment window and enter payment there.

My question is there a way to have a field on Sales Order to enter amount the customer is paying as down payment and a Payment Document is automatically generated when the order is completed?

POS Order creates a Cash Journal but that does with the full order amount and also makes shipment at the same time. I want shipment to be made separately and payment/cash journal is with only down payment amount.

Habib
zulqarnainhabib

Re: Part Payment with Sales Order

Postby globalqss » Thu May 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi Habib, that's partially the idea of this functional specification already implemented at globalqss361:
http://www.adempiere.com/FS01_Commitment_AR_AP

With this feature, you can define a payment schedule for sales orders.

We would just need to figure out (sounds like CalloutPayment) how to bring the next unpaid installment when order is chosen on payment window.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby zulqarnainhabib » Fri May 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks Carlos

But my customer actually wanted not to open Payment window separately. He wants the payment automatically generated in the background when an order is completed.

Habib
zulqarnainhabib

Postby globalqss » Fri May 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Habib, in such case seems like a customization that creates the payment according to the doctype.

I mean, something like creating a document type "Standard Order with Initial Payment"
When completing such order it must call a process that creates a payment for the first installment.

This could be done with a workflow calling a custom process, or easier, via a model validator.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Return to HELP ME!!!