Import Initial Inventory

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Import Initial Inventory

Postby jherencia » Thu May 12, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Community

I need to import initial inventory, the products have Average PO as costing method.
I made the import by using Import Inventory window and set quantity and the current cost price then select Average PO as cost element, this creates a Physical Inventory, complete it but when I post it shows an error (No costs for product......).
Somebody knows what is the problem or how I should set an initial inventory with Average PO method?

Greetings
Jesús Herencia
jherencia

Re: Import Initial Inventory

Postby globalqss » Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Hola Jesús,

I tested this functionality on iDempiere with Average Invoice and it worked ok.

Found a potential problem (with easy workaround) and documented here:
http://hg.idempiere.com/idempiere/issue/22

Maybe is a problem with Average PO? Can you check if this works for you with AvgInv so we can isolate it just to AvPO?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby jherencia » Tue May 17, 2011 8:04 am

Hola Carlos

I made some tests on demo.idempiere.com and demo.globalqss.com
Test: Create product -> Create Import Inventory for product (update costs) -> Complete and post the physical Inventory

In demo.globalqss.com for both costing methods show me the error when posting the physical inventory
Error Contabilizando (No Costs for Prod1) - .Doc_Inventory (MMI - DocumentNo=IF1, DateAcct=2011-05-16, Amount=0, Sta=E - PeriodOpen=true, Balanced=true

In demo.idempiere.com only Average PO method shows the error
Error Contabilizando (No Costs for Producto3) - .Doc_Inventory (MMI - DocumentNo=IF_Producto3, DateAcct=2011-05-17, Amount=0, Sta=E - PeriodOpen=true, Balanced=true, Schema=GardenWorld US/A/US Dollar
With Average Invoice method it's ok.

Is there a correct sequence of steps to import initial inventory?

Greetings
Jesús Herencia
jherencia

Postby anhhn » Tue May 17, 2011 12:33 pm

To avoid "No Cost" with actual costing methods (Average PO, Average Invoice), I found it better to create purchase order for "OB Vendor", do Material Receipt and Invoice Vendor. Then we can ignore all "No Cost" trouble.
We can import the PO, so there is not much difference with import Inventory.

Regards,
Anh Han
anhhn

Postby jherencia » Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 am

What about this approach, assign standard cost for the product then in physical inventory set the initial quantity, after that change the costing method of the product, then any other transactions like Receipt Material or Shipments if required.
I made some tests with this approach, use Create Costing records to refresh cost of product, costs seems to be correct.
If someone could make a review of this approach to see if it's ok or not.

Greetings
Jesús Herencia
jherencia

Return to HELP ME!!!