Upgrading Mac Java 1.6.0 cannot RUN_setup

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

Upgrading Mac Java 1.6.0 cannot RUN_setup

Postby red1 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:02 am

I wasted, i mean learned alot for more than one whole full day on this, thinking that the new 1.6.0 has no JDK and so cannot RUN_setup. The JAVA_HOME cannot work in the new 64bit Mac OSX as the 1.6.0 has its own JDK. I have to change the JAVA_HOME in .profile to export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home` or else it will hit error:
Error: could not find libjava.dylib
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

But JAVA_HOME above hits a tools.jar not found in 1.6.0.jdk/lib and thus cannot RUN_setup or RUN_DBExport to make the final jar.

Fooling it with a dummy tools.jar cannot work as the 1.6.0 is a shortcut to 1.6.0.jdk ! which is not a folder to put anything under it!

Carlos Ruiz gave me the breakthrough when he asked what i selected in the OS menu. Of course i did not change from Sun to Mac. Doing that, gives the right path to the 1.6.0/Content/Home which has its own classes.jar not needing the tools.jar!

I appreciate this hiccup as i practically went round the world of Mac to get to the final solution. Never forget that boys and girls.

postnote: To RUN_Build you need to comment out the JDK checking:
Code: Select all
# check jdk
#if  [ ! -f $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar ] ; then
#   echo "** Need full Java SDK **"
#   exit
#fi
red1
Site Admin

Return to HELP ME!!!