How to Change the translation word of English

Help is preferred to those who publish their work as Open Source and not as private branches rejecting collaboration. Such projects are not maintainable and shall be deleted.
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are grouped together. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED, you need to send email to red1(a)red1.org with your username in the subject title to get me to activate you.

How to Change the translation word of English

Postby Derek » Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Base language is English.
I can change the translation of other language in [System Translation Check], but I cannot find English itself there.
How can I do that? Do I need to import English with those English xml files under /data/ ?
Derek

Re: How to Change the translation word of English

Postby globalqss » Sun May 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi Derek,

English-US is the base language, so there is no translation, but you would need to change the Element directly.

An usual recommendation is to use for your english a different set, for example en_AU (English Australia), that can be managed as you expect on translation.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby Derek » Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi, Carlos, thanks for your explanation. It would be a better method to do the translation.
But the key point is that I can not translate one label into two Language within a window/tab.
I have no idea to change the layout for better way.
Derek

Postby globalqss » Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 am

Hi Derek, which is the label you want to change, from/to? on which window? form?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby Derek » Wed May 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi, Carlos, for example, I want to change the first Tab name of Sales Order window from 'Order' to 'Sales Order'.
even to do in your suggested way, import English as another language(English Special), then I need to select English Special first, then find the first Tab name of Sales Order to change,
after that, I still need to select my own language in the first tab, then find out the first Tab name of Sales Order again.

I appreciate that I select the label (the first Tab name of Sales Order), then I can change (English Special) and my own language at the same window.
At least I don't need to find the label for twice(if more language I need to support, I need to find the label for N times).

Carlos, do you have any suggestion to do it better? Many thanks for your help, I really learn a lot yet.
Derek

Postby globalqss » Thu May 12, 2011 3:01 am

Hi Derek, still not clear for me your issue.

Two ways to change the tab name:

1 - On Window "Window, Tab & Field" navigate to the tab, then go to "Tab translation" and change all the languages.

2 - Use window "System Translation Check" - from the language you can navigate to the detail tabs to make several translations at once

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby Derek » Thu May 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi, Carlos, I cannot see the Translation Tab.
c.JPG
c.JPG (36.62 KiB) Viewed 8103 times
Derek

Postby globalqss » Thu May 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Derek, check this:
http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/FAQ# ... on_tabs.3F

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby Derek » Fri May 13, 2011 1:10 am

Hi, Carlos, thanks a lot. I did not know this before.....Big thanks.....
Derek

Return to HELP ME!!!