Persistent Object??

Whenever bugs are encountered they are quashed and reported. Here you can see their quashings up close.

Moderators: sureshquest, arulmani, trifon

Persistent Object??

Postby azaharizaman » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:52 pm

Hi there, this is my first post, and just joined the forum.

I often came accross problems regarding Persistent Object. 1 example is during creation of new table, when the warning "No Persistent Object" appears evrytime i try to save th record. The record was saved though, but it still bugging me. A freind thought me how to solve this (by ganerating model for new table), but i still dont understant the concept of the Persistent Object. The second example is that when i create a new process (by utilizing the workflow window) to complete a document, the process always terminated immaturely by the error "Persistent Object not DocAction". I peek into the codes, and I believe the problems seem to came from MWFActivity.java, at lines where it check whether a Persistent Obejct is an instance of DocAction.

Is there an easy way to create a process to complete/approved a document.??

My many thanks in advance..bye
WorLD_PeAcE
azaharizaman

Postby red1 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:55 pm

Mr Azahari, kawan lama! long time no hear nor see *haha* ,
What makes u think its a bug? :lol:
First you have to check during creating the new column in the AD_Table, did you specify a Element member :?:
Persistent Object or PO is to resolve a Java problem where Object instances that are initiated with values often get garbage canned automatically. So to make sure u dont lose the values there is a PO.java interface that makes sure the value is stored properly until needed during program execution. That problem has nothing to do with WF Activity. Now WF is involved in all the tables. For you to learn more you can refer to documents in http://compiere.red1.org/ or go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/compilo/
(boleh ajak member u tengok jawapan i kot kot i silap, malu lah kat orang lain! hehe!)

red1 :D
red1
Site Admin

Thanx..and sorry

Postby azaharizaman » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:59 am

First of all, i am very sorry that i posted the problem in the wrong forum, i know it is not a bug..:) and thank you for ur kind reply, and tips and will look into that in details.

I guess i will see u guys again in the other forums..hehe...

bye
WorLD_PeAcE
azaharizaman

Return to BUGS Galore!