Business Bug - Generate Shipment from SO get posted!

Whenever bugs are encountered they are quashed and reported. Here you can see their quashings up close.

Moderators: sureshquest, arulmani, trifon

Business Bug - Generate Shipment from SO get posted!

Postby red1 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:44 pm

This is the first business bug i m filing. When u 'CO' a Sales Order, and then Generate Shipment (Manual) it does that but completes and posted it automatically! Sounds 8) to us techies but that is wrong according to our n2n :shock: - accountant and biz whiz, saying that the user may want to examine the shipment first, such as split it, check its packaging, etc. Thus we have to trace the codes, and make it stop completing the shipment process during generation and just merely "prepare" it. So here is the snippet from InOutGenerate.java: (in BASE folder org.compiere.process)

private void completeShipment()
{
if (m_shipment != null)
{
// Fails if there is a confirmation
if (!m_shipment.processIt(DocAction.ACTION_Prepare)) //red1 formerly ACTION_Complete
log.warn("completeShipment - failed: " + m_shipment);
m_shipment.save();
//
addLog(m_shipment.getM_InOut_ID(), m_shipment.getMovementDate(), null, m_shipment.getDocumentNo());
m_created++;
}
m_shipment = null;
} // completeOrder

It took me about three hours to nail this. Then i tested it, checking the warehouse inventory, before and after processing it thru completion.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:16 pm

This is the equivalent in InvoiceGenerate.java (BASE org.compeire.process)

private void completeInvoice()
{
if (m_invoice != null)
{
if (!m_invoice.processIt(DocAction.ACTION_Prepare)) //red1 formerly ACTION_Complete
log.warn("completeInvoice - failed: " + m_invoice);
m_invoice.save();
//
addLog(m_invoice.getC_Invoice_ID(), m_invoice.getDateInvoiced(), null, m_invoice.getDocumentNo());
m_created++;
}
m_invoice = null;
m_ship = null;
} // completeInvoice
red1
Site Admin

Return to BUGS Galore!