Single Window Concept - POS with BOM Drop

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Single Window Concept - POS with BOM Drop

Postby red1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:35 am

The world of mutiple tabs can be irritating. And not to mention integrating new custom models into present core ones. Well, worry no more, here is a Proof of Concept that you can exist within a single tab window and control all the children tabs. Silently.

Taking the Sales Order window using my own Cockpit concept, which is the creation of a separate window to handle all the respective data models. For example the following custom window called Big Order will allow product, qty and handling of custom features such as POS terminal handling and membership promotion and bonus points within its single screen.

BigOrder.png
BigOrder.png (118.54 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
During BeforeSave, it will create the Order and Orderline which is made as a sub tab display. And then clear the screen for next input or scan. So no more mouse point and click across more tabs and getting lost. Focus and group your fields of concern into the cockpit design which is non core and thus can be housed in a separate plugin safely ensuring non impact and minimal maintenance of integration.

CompleteIt() will kick off any related i.e. Sales Order CompleteIt(), and do other custom stuff such as calculation of membership bonus points and its redemption. You can now add more features to your custom window without modifying or rewiring any core ERP models.

This will allow fast row grid POS code scanning where only product field is default first of line and other fields hidden by smart checkbox triggers (you can uncheck manually to edit back for overwriting a present record but you can also manually go to the OrderLine tab). The 'Sales Order' generated is attached to the Big Order model and the PrintFormat can also be likewise (my next POC) linked.

(Note that this models are easily and highly visible created within Excel for Ninja. The meta Callout also easily generated on the fly for (Paid) Amount to get Change.

TODOs:
0. BOM Drop directly to attached Order. With 'Available BOM set qty' at parent level.
1. Membership bonus points earning and redemption to offset payment.
2. Receipt Printer automatic printout after complete
3. Credit card machine integration
4. Bar code scanner integration
red1
Site Admin

Re: Single Window Concept

Postby red1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:21 am

I have done point number 1 above. What this completed Sales Order screen shows is a result of the Big Order completion above prior to this. It detects a mixed POS payment due to RedeemAmount and created the POSPayment schedule automatically and assign their respective settlement values. Later when the franchise holder of the bonus redeem reimburse it is recorded as a cheque payment and will match back with the same open invoice and ensure it is balanced in total.

MemberPOSPayment.png
MemberPOSPayment.png (127.03 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
I will send sourcecode and jar as a plugin and link here later. This will include simple model for bonus points formula, its accumulation and dispensing during the sales.

There is also a BOM Drop already integrated. I want to just do a 'complete Qty sets available' field in it next, which has only available qtys for each child but not at the parent level.
red1
Site Admin

Re: Single Window Concept

Postby red1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Item 0 above done. You can now have Max BOM sets possible with each selection. The first time it appears is for whole tree. Then at each checkbox or radio group choice or variance input it recalculates at that detail only. So it is useful for quick judgement. All source committed to https://bitbucket.org/red1/org.big.order/

MaxBOMsets.png
MaxBOMsets.png (147.04 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
red1
Site Admin

Re: Single Window Concept - POS with BOM Drop

Postby red1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:19 am

During the BOM Drop, it can distinguish between zero parent price strategy. During zero price at the parent level, iDempiere rolls up the children total prices to give its sum. During BOM Drop, that price is removed as a 100% discount, and only children prices are used to synch with the Grand Total during the BOM Drop dialog prior to that. You can see for the case of Kitchen.

For parent product that has a set price such as Verandah, at $10, its children prices are then zeroised.

DropRollPriceing.png
DropRollPriceing.png (168.91 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
I also made using Ninja to instantly create an Info-Window with Report Redeem generated for output as any format for integraton back to central HQ.

RedeemOutput.png
RedeemOutput.png (110.36 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
red1
Site Admin

Return to Building ADempiere