Deploy idempiere to Virgo Tomcat Server

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Deploy idempiere to Virgo Tomcat Server

Postby kenlongnan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 pm

I try to deploy idempiere to Virgo Tomcat Server, an equinox based OSGi server.
A lot of trivial work have to do manually, but finally it is working fine.

1. Copy 3rd party bundlers to VTS repository/usr folder, those bundlers will be watched by VTS.
2. Try to drop idempiere bundlers one by one into VTS pickup folder, they will be deployed automatically.
During this step, you should be very careful with checking virgo log, the log will indicated what's wrong with the bundle. A lot of ClassNotFoundException waiting for fixing.
3. You have to create idempiere.properties manually, no setup process available now running under virgo, put this file in virgo root folder.
4. For bundler org.adempiere.server, you have to change Web-ContextPath: / to Web-ContextPath: /server (for example), the root web context path / was pre-reserved by virgo.
5. For bundler org.adempiere.ui.zk, you have to add following configuration in WEB-INF/zk.xml
<language-config>
<addon-uri>/WEB-INF/classes/metainfo/zk/lang-addon.xml</addon-uri>
</language-config>
I don't know why ZK doesn't pickup the default lang-addon.xml in virgo, but you have to explict define them in zk.xml
Change org.adempiere.webui.part.UIPart to extends Serializable
6. Try to access http://localhost:8080/webui, is it working?

Those steps only try to make idempiere zk part running under virgo, I am not tested too much with other bundler and functions.
Hope it helps someone who want to using virgo for idempiere also.

Ken
kenlongnan

Re: Deploy idempiere to Virgo Tomcat Server

Postby kenlongnan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 am

Here you can download pre-configured idempiere in VTS.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/idempiereksys/files/idempiere-ksys/1.0a/

Ken
kenlongnan

Return to Building ADempiere