Integrate an idempiere dev on a 361 base

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Integrate an idempiere dev on a 361 base

Postby nmicoud » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi,

I'd be interested in integrating http://jira.idempiere.com/browse/IDEMPIERE-320 (Make Swing CTextArea consistent with ZK) in my 361 version (and maybe other things).

I have a look in migration script and see that it uses a AD_SysConfig_UU column, which is not present in my base.
If I adapt the script and apply it to my base, will it be easy to update the record when i will migrate to idempiere ?

Regards,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Re: Integrate an idempiere dev on a 361 base

Postby red1 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:31 pm

I think it goes with the rest of your modications in your 361 base. If it is code that it is likely you will learn how to port any unique ones over as a separate plugin to iDempiere. But for non-unique or similar ones i guess you just abandon your changes there as iDempiere has that change.

But in your above you are referring to SQL change to Database. You will then regard that script as updated and ignore it during one time migration. Even if you run it twice i cannot think of an SQL statement that has an adverse impact as they are fresh changes and not look up updates. Can take a look inside the script to see.
red1
Site Admin

Postby globalqss » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:59 am

Nicolas, what I have done in past is to create some additional migration scripts - but really is too much hassle to continue doing this.

Example:
- to integrate 824_IDEMPIERE-117.sql without changes I needed to create:

on 361:
823v_CreateUUColumnsFor824.sql
824v_DropUUColumnsFor824.sql

and on iDempiere:
824z_UpdateUU.sql

Really too complex, tedious and error prone to be used as a continuous way to backport things.

Maybe you could do it on your installation and just keep track of the UPDATE UU columns required.

IMHO - 361 is reaching the end of life for new features, and will just be maintained via bug fixes, this is in order to put most of our focus on iDempiere.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby nmicoud » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:10 pm

ok, i've passed the script on my base without reference to the UU column.
I will write somewhere that this record will need to be updated when migration to idempiere in the future.

Thanks

Regards

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Return to Building ADempiere