permission to create Fork of Adempiere 361's Repository

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

permission to create Fork of Adempiere 361's Repository

Postby uthadehikaru » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Dear all, especially for Carlos Ruiz

we found some bugs that still exist even in the latest patches. so we wanna create fork from Latest code of Adempiere 361 and then we can make local changes and commit to our private repository. some of bugs are related to payment. we had solutions for payment case and we wanna develop it. if we think it's good enough to contribute, we'll be released to community.

would u give us permission to create a fork of adempiere 361? please tell us via email zuhri.utama@ambidexter-consulting.com

best regards

zuhri utama
uthadehikaru

Re: permission to create Fork of Adempiere 361's Repository

Postby red1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi Zuhri,
Maybe this discussion here can help throw some light. In principle you can fork this at will, and then post here the link to it or with patch from the changes you did for review (in the case you wish to publish your changes for review first to get feedback as to its suitability for remerging back to our chief repo).

I would advice that you do some simple writeup or description sufficient enough to explain your change and follow up when there is interest from us.

Thank you for your commitment so far.
red1
Site Admin

Postby globalqss » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 am

Zuhri, I consider an honor that you want to fork the transition repository, you don't need to ask for permissions to do that.

The thread that red1 pointed expands this concept.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby uthadehikaru » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 am

thx for the thread above,red1. it makes me understand how to contribute here. about our contribution, actually my partner edwin.ang whom had the planning about the contribution. i'll tell him to explain here asap

thx for ur explanation, carlos. i just to make sure that we dont have problem if we have a fork of adempiere repository without telling the community. because we wanna join to contribute here. :)

regards

zuhri utama
uthadehikaru

Return to Building ADempiere