1 suggestion & 2 questions

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

1 suggestion & 2 questions

Postby yansolo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi,

Suggestion : in webUI, this should be more logical to put the "Start" button on the right (and "Cancel" on the left), to respect the login form, don't you think ?

I do not find the link to google map on the address field. Why having suppress it ?
And it was not possible to download the Swing client on https://demo.idempiere.com:8443 ; the link seems to be broken. Just to be sure, iDempiere will still be available on Swing, or ony in WebUI ?

Thanks,

Yan
yansolo

Re: 1 suggestion & 2 questions

Postby globalqss » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi Yan,

Suggestion : in webUI, this should be more logical to put the "Start" button on the right (and "Cancel" on the left), to respect the login form, don't you think ?

Sorry, don't understand the suggestion, that makes sense, but don't understand in which scenario are you proposing that change as I already fixed that problem on login page.

I do not find the link to google map on the address field. Why having suppress it ?

Is not suppressed - it has not been integrated, I like the idea but I think the implementation was not the best - we can discuss it to "embrace and extend" if you want.

And it was not possible to download the Swing client on https://demo.idempiere.com:8443 ; the link seems to be broken.

Not broken, we don't support swing client on WAN, so downloading from there would be useless. If you're interested about the installers we can make those available somewhere.

Just to be sure, iDempiere will still be available on Swing, or ony in WebUI ?

iDempiere still supports swing and we're still fixing bugs for that - but please note that our major focus will be on zkwebui, so it's possible you will find improvements on zkwebui that are not implemented on swing (unless somebody take care of maintenance of that port)

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby yansolo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Sorry, don't understand the suggestion, that makes sense, but don't understand in which scenario are you proposing that change as I already fixed that problem on login page.

Yes, i've written too fast !
I was talking about processes or reports.
Start button is at the left ou the Cancel button.

Hope it is much clear

Yan
yansolo

Postby globalqss » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Sure more clear, I agree with you, please open a JIRA iDempiere ticket.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby yansolo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 am

Jira ticket n° 77 created.

What do you suggest for address link ?
I don't any other idea (except the ability to see complete location fastly, without having to navigate to the BP window and location tab)

For Swing, i think i will be interested but not now, i mainly use Swing in SystemAdmin session.

Yan
yansolo

Postby globalqss » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 am

What I see is poorly implemented - you can check in http://www.testadempiere.com is throwing Null Pointer Exceptions, opening an empty webpage, constructing the URL wrongly.

Also, that was pushed to trunk without any previous discussion - ignoring for example that there are other maps providers like http://maps.yahoo.com/

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby yansolo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:39 am

ok, you want something that can handle various providers, and why not, some who are very well implemented in some countries ?
And something that work !
yansolo

Return to Building ADempiere