Package Precedence

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Package Precedence

Postby jdcs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Currently there are so many important packages released for Adempiere - the New Cost Engine, Fixed Assets, Maintenance, and also Updates of Libero Manufacturing, HR & Payroll, and important to me is also Libero Smart Browser. When applying these packages I feel afraid of conflicts at some points as there is no way to check (remarking that I am MS Windows user - I saw such facility done for Linux, stated for being tested on ubuntu). For the cases of scripts associating packages an experienced person can make some checks not everything if there is a conflict - like the ones to mention C_PAYSELECTION_CHECK_V & C_PAYSELECTION_CHECK_VT views changing throughout updates of Adempiere 361 and the HR&Payroll package.

Can some one provide me with such a tool, mainly for the packages - on Windows
jdcs

Re: Package Precedence

Postby red1 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 pm

red1
Site Admin

Postby jdcs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi red1,

Thank you for prompt reply.
My question is about conflict checker among packages, patches, and customizations applied - at the same time or one after the other.
What I saw developed for linux (tested on ubuntu) is here (for Adempiere361) http://kenai.com/projects/adempiere361/ ... nflicts.sh

I am not sure if it can answer Yes fully to "checking conflict" among packages applied.

Thank you.
jdcs

Postby globalqss » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Yes - I developed and use that as a conflict checker.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby jdcs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Carlos

Thank you for the reply .... but how can I use it on Windows environment, please help.

Thank you
jdcs

Postby globalqss » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Sorry, just developed for Linux, for windows you would need to create something similar.

The logic is not hard - is just to create a list of the files within each jar and then seek for duplicates.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby jdcs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Thank you Carlos,

I will try.
jdcs

Return to Building ADempiere