Sponsored Development HR

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Sponsored Development HR

Postby zulqarnainhabib » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:15 am

I feel HR module available with Adempiere is very very basic. It is missing very basic features. I want it should have atleast features mentioned in the following link.

http://vergehrms.com/vergehrms/features.php

The link is of some other HR software and I have absolutely no association with its vendor.

I wanted to have an idea if I can arrange a sponsor to develop these features how much can it cost?

Habib
zulqarnainhabib

Re: Sponsored Development HR

Postby globalqss » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 am

Hi Habib, we (GlobalQSS) are interested in extending Adempiere payroll to support better the requirements from real HR.

If you can do a detailed specification based on the link you posted ( or maybe it can be simpler to follow an open source project on this, like http://www.orangehrmlive.com/feature-tour.shtml )

Now, the link you posted conducts to a very big work.
It would be better if we split the development in littler things that can be easily identified with proper deliverables.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby zulqarnainhabib » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks Carlos

Your suggestion seems to be fine if we go to explore possibility of first build something like Oracle HRM. Can you give me an idea of cost required for this so I can discuss this with the sponsor. If you want to discuss this privately, you can write me at zulqarnainhabib at gmail dot com.

Habib
zulqarnainhabib

Postby zeeshan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 am

Why would you want to go through the huge task of re-developing OrangeHRM? Why not just figure out a way of integrating Adempiere with it for HR purposes?
If you really want more inbuilt Adempiere functionality, can you specify exactly which OrangeHRM features would be helpful?
One thing that I have often thought is that it would be good if Adempiere could store, along with the employees of each organization, an organization chart showing the hierarchy, with a job description attached to each position/name.
zeeshan

Postby red1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:46 pm

I like to pen some 2 cent ideas down in order of expected priority, and i agree it should be incrementally done:

1. Leave Management (new module tagged to BPartner Employee)
a. Leave days allotted
b. Leave days taken
c. Leave balance
d. Leave date applied for, status
e. Substitute assigned

2. Personnel Management (extends Employee record)
a. Join/Start/End Date of Designation
b. Job Appraisal and Score
c. Qualifications and Training record
d. Employment Status (permanent/temporary/contract)
e. Contractual Terms of Employment

3. Remuneration Management (reference-able for Sales Commission)
a. Salary structure tier
b. Earnings and Deductions rules
c. Superior accountable to
d. Subordinates responsible for

4. Resource Management (relate to Product Resource, Request CRM)
a. Project Team assignment
b. Task assignment, duration time (InfoSchedule integration), status (Request)
c. Team members appraisal (confidential with all sides feedback - top, down, sideways)
d. Invoiceable task completion (as per Invoice AR/AP)

I don't see HR Structure visual chart as an issue as it might be quite static in nature and the above is more rigorous occurring. I don't feel it is good to integrate ADempiere too much with others such as OrangeHRM. Remember such as in the case of SugarCRM, Adaxa managed to present an alternative equivalent or refactored contact management into a series of simple AD adaptations. I suspect that our Request (CRM) and Resource Product as well as the WebStore which is already present within can be reused as more powerful presentation of new features of its own. What is important to hold to is that this ERP already got core fundamentals built-in. They may be more elegantly extended if reflected inside out rather than outside in.
red1
Site Admin

Postby joskar » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 am

Hi everyone!

Has anyone given any thought to the future direction of the HR/Payroll portion of the system?
I used the Payroll system for the year 2010 at my organization but gave up on using it and moved to a 3rd party system.

I honestly believe that HR/Payroll would add significantly to the system (whether it be Adempiere or iDempiere)

So, mostly I wanted to check if anyone had given any more thought to the pros and cons of going forward with development and if any teams are currently working on these components. If so I would really like to join in on that work.

Best regards,
Jónas Magnússon
joskar

Postby red1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Jonas, welcome. What would you like to assist with? Perhaps some ideas here can spark for more activity towards the said goal.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Building ADempiere