Integrating Asset Maintenance

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Integrating Asset Maintenance

Postby red1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:30 pm

The add-on module Asset Maintenance Management module should be maintained and upgraded to work with latest trunk. Here i make note on whatever gaps i found before creating QA testing framework like i been doing for others onto it. This task is also sponsored by Sysnova of Bangladesh. As expected, i am making this integration onto the 361 Carlos Ruiz version.

For a start, as reported here, the 2Pack zip needs a small tweak. A tracker is opened for this. All work is tracked in this contribution thread.

Here is an early bird's view.

Maintenance1.gif
Maintenance1.gif (37.55 KiB) Viewed 13130 times
red1
Site Admin

Re: Integrating Asset Maintenance

Postby anhhn » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Is it integrated to demo.idempiere.com? Any chance I can have a look at the functionalities?

Regards,
Anh Han
anhhn

Postby red1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:24 am

Anh,
It is not yet integrated but as originally done and i stated above, it sits as a separate add-on module that needs maintaining or else it may rot outside. This is the short way of putting what i am doing here. I am just making it more up-to-date, usable and repeat-testable, just like what is done for CostingEngine etc. I hope you can follow and give us some of your valuable input. Hope to see you in Hanoi!
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:55 am

Here is a note about debugging in Eclipse. You will have the Maintenance project build path dependent on both FixedAssets and Adempiere. However it may not take the FA's class but the Adempiere class first. We can set that right by controlling the build output path. You do that by going to:
1. Maintenance project properties (by right clicking on it in Eclipse)
2. Order and Export tab.
3. Arrange the FixedAssets to be at the top of the stack
4. Tick FixedAssets to ensure it gets exported.
5. Give a good 'build project' to the projects.

After that i find that my CreateInvoicedAsset will run properly (taking from FixedAssets rather than adempiere361).
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:40 am

I been watching thru the movies under the Doc folder of the source branch. I must say they are very helpful. At first i couldn't open up the files which is of the FLV extension. Then i found and downloaded Wimpy. However i noted that there does not seem to be anywhere regarding accounting consequence for maintenance jobs. Even though there are expense been stipulated in the setup of routine tasks. Perhaps this is a good gap to fill in for the future.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:41 am

As a reminder, here is the checklist again on how to get this working.

1 Get latest ADempiere (mine is GlobalQSS' in kenai)
1.1 Compile (RUN_build) and deploy binary
1.2 Apply latest migration scripts
2 Install Fixed Assets (Follow readme instructions from SVN/branches/FixedAssets)
2.1 Place FA and patches jars.
2.2 Apply scripts
3 Install AssetMaintenance (Follow readme from SVN/branches/Maintenance
3.1 Place maintenance jar.
3.2 Apply scripts
4 RUN_silentsetup
5 Download Fitnesse Tests (SVN/branches/FitnesseMaintenance)
5.1 RUN tests. If green, means everything is ok.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 pm

With basic manual runs, a final reusable testing set is done here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1306
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:46 pm

An Integration and Testing manual is committed to SourceForge space. It is similarly grouped with Fixed Assets as regression tests were coupled to ensure backward compatibility.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Building ADempiere