Latest ADempiere Distro for Windows

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Whic Distro Do You Want?

CarlosRuiz361
69%
Official Trunk
15%
Hengsin OSGI
15%
No thanks, I build my own
No votes

Total votes : 13

Latest ADempiere Distro for Windows

Postby red1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 am

The latest Windows Installer for iDempiere (full OSGi) is out! Download and read the PDF Guide

I will be making Windows Installer distros and releasing them here. To understand about which is which refer to my other post.

Please tell me which version you want and i shall create the installer. At the moment i think the Carlos Ruiz - ADempiere361 is the best option. But i am not calling it that because it is not officially declared by the Council in SourceForge project. So i be calling the CarlosRuiz361 distro to avoid getting an air raid later.

If i get 10 votes in the poll here i will go ahead.

This time i will edit the psql option which was missing in the last SUPER1s installer which some users have to manually install psql to make it work.

Come on. 10 votes and i will do it. Or choose if you prefer to continue the Official Trunk distro or an installer for Heng Sin's OSGI distro.
red1
Site Admin

Re: Latest ADempiere Distro for Windows

Postby PeanutBlake » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Hengsin OSGI is the most important project for ADempiere.
I hope it can be released as soon as possible, so that more and more people can get involved.
PeanutBlake

Postby tspc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 pm

While the Hengsin OSGI branch is probably the way for the future, I do not believe that it is quite ready yet, especially for an 'easy to install and use' Windows based distribution. I believe that basing the distribution on the most stable and tested branch would bring the greatest benefit. At this stage the CarlosRuiz361 branch would be my recommendation.
tspc

Postby banym » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:48 pm

The OSGi implementation is the biggest evolution for ADempiere but up to that development is done and stable we should use the best maintained version by Carlos.
banym

Postby red1 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:40 am

As voted in this thread, I have upgraded the Windows Installer based on Carlos Ruiz's 361 with his latest revision as at August 15th, 2011, with my upgrade of Fixed Assets, Maintenance, and Java POS modules. I have uploaded it to SourceForge.net repository and you just download the installer directly from Adempiere361Aug_Setup.exe.

This new installer has psql restored in the PG install and i only tested on one Windows PC so others who can test this are welcome to report back its outcome elsewhere.

I also fixed installation directories to C:\ADempiere, D:\Java6 and D:\Postgresql\8.3 but you can edit it if you wish. I advised that the passwords be just adempiere for easier troubleshooting support from me. Later when it is working you may change it. It is also easier for me to help you if all these factors are constant.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:03 am

Referring to question from http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempie ... dex/page/2, I am replying here because SF is slow atm.

Thanks red1 for the great effort and sharing this with the rest of us. I tried both 1111 and 361Aug on win2k3 64 bits and none was able to run, 1111 does not able to start the app server cuz cannot connect database. 361Ago appears to install ok but application server shows an error that say "adempiere not bound" and netstat -an displays it is running on port 1099...

Try RUN_Setup and check your server and host settings to be all OK and save it. Then RUN_Server2 and when RUN_Adempiere click on Connection dialog to test server connection. But if RUN_Adempiere does work that is a good sign that the rest can be solved. Please feedback here.
red1
Site Admin

Postby tbayen » Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 am

I myself use Linux and can not test this package. But the error message "adempiere not bound" brought me to this forum. There is hoermi86 in the german forum with the same problem. I could not help him: https://sourceforge.net/projects/adempi ... ic/4883591 You see the error dump in his last message from 2012-05-21

My thought is that there is something missing because the package is wrong. Can someone confirm that this package is really working?!?
tbayen

Postby red1 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Thomas, if you are referring to my Windows installer, then it is not for Linux! Am i sounding correct here?
red1
Site Admin

Postby tbayen » Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Yes, it is for Windows. hoermi86 complained in the forum and I tried to help him. I can not try it myself because I do not use Windows. :-p I do not know much about Windows but I know a bit about ADempiere and Java. And for me it looks like the package may be defect. So I decided to inform you as the packager about the problem.
tbayen

Postby red1 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 pm

How dare you claim the package i upgraded from Kai Schaeffer is defective. You hurt our egos :)

Anyway I cannot go to that forum as i am self-exiled under the Bogotan Announcement. Please ask him to come here and see if someone else can offer some advice.

Thank you for your cross-border interests. One day i will show you around the beach. In Brazil. :)
red1
Site Admin

Postby tbayen » Thu May 31, 2012 3:48 pm

I am very sorry - I saw in some forum entries that different people seemed to have similar problems. I thought referring to the 1111 version may not be the worst hint. Perhaps you should build a new version based on the actual 361 trunk and upload it somewhere. You may set up a helping page in idempiere wiki for that so people get a clean upgrade path later to idempiere. If you are self-exiled you could upload it to idempiere sourceforge project.

The most worthful for our new project will be to attract other people to us by giving them the best help and the best environment. :-)

I will send him a note to contact you here...
tbayen

Postby red1 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Ola Tbayen,
Actually if they refer to the August Edition it is an upgrade of Super1s edition which no longer has issues or forum threads on it.
But from the notes you made above it seems to be something with the machine's JVM or other layers and not the install script. I am just making a wild guess as the errors are not usually similar to the installers' previously reported errors. I.e. i see no common relation to the complaints that i got when i first released 1111.

Thank you for giving him a note on behalf.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 pm

NOTICE: I like to inform all that i am deprecating the Aug2011 installer with a latest June 2012 and it will install the OSGi iDempiere version on the Windows platform in a non-technical manner. It will include an option to upgrade from ADempiere 360LTS. Estimated early release in 2 weeks time. Full documentation on how to use it shall follow suit.

iDempiere runs on the popular Equinox OSGi framework similar to Eclipse and you can try it out live here http://demo.idempiere.com/
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 am

InstallerBackground.jpg
InstallerBackground.jpg (116.61 KiB) Viewed 27467 times

I have upgraded (sponsored by SYSNOVA) a Windows Installer that installs the OSGi version or iDempiere. You can download from SourceForge/red1.
I will appreciate feedback so that i know how it works across different locations and machines running different versions of MS Windows. Shortly i will upload a colorful PDF screen guide as well as some explanation about the iDempiere project vis a vis ADempiere particularly how you can manage a safe transition from 361 to iDempiere.

You can change the drive of the installation directory to other than "E://iDempiere" and password must be 'adempiere' as its hard coded during install. After install you can change it.

If you want to run the client just go to the adempiere-client folder from the dir and put it in any client machine and point the DB connection URL to the IP of the server machine. You can also try it in the same server machine.

ImportAdempiere and DBRestore works. Note that the DB Dump is ExpDat dump as this is not yet the final release of 1.0 expected in coming days. This is a beta installer tester for us to weed out any issues before the big day. Thus ExpDat is the Adempiere361 migrated to latest iDempiere scripts.

Thank you for using iDempiere, probably the fastest heavyweight ERP application around. Check out its new latest features and report any issues to our irc #idempiere chatroom or http://jira.idempiere.com/. I put developer notes in our http://wiki.idempiere.org/wiki/Windows_Installer.
red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby nmicoud » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi red1,

I've downloaded installer. it's nice ! Song is cool.
Nevertheless, i'm not using postgre (still on oracle for some times).
So i can't give you feedback. Did you plan to make it work with Oracle ?

Regards,

Nicolas
nmicoud
Regular

Postby red1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 pm

I never thought of that :) .. if you can research more about NSIS with Oracle to get some tips, maybe i can do it as the framework is already there and its a matter of config...

But if you test this on another fresh machine it should do all the worrying for you - setting up Java 6, PostgreSQL 8.3 and iDempiere! I am now writing a full PDF guide as there are some hiccups i detected which has to be solved manually but quite easy to do.

Thanks for your response here Nicolas. I appreciate that.
red1
Site Admin

Return to Building ADempiere