Which is the real ADempiere sourcecode?

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Re: Which is the real ADempiere sourcecode?

Postby ynaidoo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi,

I commented on a security certificate issue with Mercurial I had here: http://www.adempiere.com/Talk:Branch_GlobalQSS_361

Yogan
ynaidoo

Postby red1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:18 pm

You re welcome Azzam, and thanks in return together with Ynaidoo for the attention and support.
red1
Site Admin

Postby azzamahmad » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi Carlos,

I have a question regarding 3.61 source code. I have downloaded the source code for 3.61 from here :https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempiere/overview ( .zip). I noticed that the latest scripts are there ( like 798_idempiere-45.sql).

I have also downloaded ( 4 days back ) idempiere by :hg clone https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempiere . I used the command pull to pull changes. But, I could not find the script 798_idempiere-45.sq.

My question : are the source codes ( zip ) and hg clone.. the same ? were can we find the latest update.

I hope I am not asking a trivial question. :D

Thanks & Regards,

Azzam
azzamahmad

Postby globalqss » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:52 am

Hi Azzam,

Thanks for downloading iDempiere code.
The latest script is effectively 798_IDEMPIERE-45.sql as you can check here
https://bitbucket.org/idempiere/idempie ... ostgresql/

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby red1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:40 am

i just checked out from https://hg.kenai.com/hg/adempiere361~adempiere361 and can confirm that the latest 798_IDEMPIERE-45.sql is in the migration folder. So far my work from Trunk can be applied to 361 without issue during tests, or some gaps were filled in with scripts which i published. So far so good.
red1
Site Admin

Postby azzamahmad » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi Red1 & Carlos,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I would like to say that the structure of the source code in iDempiere is changed from Adempiere. I am new to OSGI. I find that we need manuals and documentation to be able to work with OSGI and Eclipse . Hengsin gave me hints [ with thanks ] for that. Since I am not familiar with the OSGI terminology, I find it difficult to configure Eclipse, how build Adempiere and run it . I am trying iDempiere for my trust in quality of work and also for new branches like Fixed Assets & POS which are improved by Red1. But I wonder whether I will be able to continue or I will run away :)

Thanks for the support & I am hoping the best for iDempiere.

Azzam :D
azzamahmad

Postby Jack » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi,

I still have some confusion when I see some posts by Carols below. Why it's not merged to official trunk: http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/adempiere/ ?

And in May time, it seems there is an activity of bug fixing in trunk. So who is taking care of trunk and make decision what should be merged there nowadays? What is the strategy of that? I understand that Carols could make decision for globalqss branch and make whatever there, then if there is something good or bug fixing, who will move that part into trunk?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Set ComboBox AutoReducible
by globalqss » Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks guys, I tested it and liked it.

Integrated to branches globalqss adempiere361 and iDempiere:
http://hg.idempiere.com/idempiere/issue ... oreducible

Regards,
Carlos Ruiz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack

Postby red1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Just to update you, Carlos together with some of us left the project due to some misunderstanding and would like to get back to it when that issue is cleared. Meanwhile we are focusing around Heng Sin and his work as the 'trunk'. All info related to where those are, has been given in this forum.

Carlos do conduct review with work from the official trunk and apply the best practice to get it to his trunk. Likewise some of our work do get its way back to the official trunk.
red1
Site Admin

Postby globalqss » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 pm

For additional clarification (lot of people have asked me the same):

the "forking point" is 3.6.0

- You can migrate from 3.6.0 to globalqss 3.6.1 easily
- You can migrate from globalqss 3.6.1 to iDempiere 4.0 easily
- You can migrate from 3.6.0 to iDempiere 4.0 easily

At this moment there is no direct migration path from 3.7.0 to iDempiere - and there is no plan to create one from our side.

Also, there is no plan from globalqss to maintain a 3.7.0 version - I'll just keep providing patches for globalqss361 and migrating my customers to iDempiere (and in future providing patches for that).

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby red1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:15 pm

I found something that can explain why some code is not found after hg clone. It happens to me too. It is not in the local drive even though it is there in the clone. One way to confirm this is when we are able to browse the online source to confirm. How do we do that? In SourceForge.net project there is Mercurial Browse but i cannot find any in Kenai.
red1
Site Admin

Postby globalqss » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 pm

globalqss
Senior

Postby red1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks for the link. This is something i have not tried. I am now in Munich and Dominik need to checkout 361 too and automate tests too.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Yes now it must have got all the source. I can see the X_C_POS is correct when previously it was missing some methods. Just cloned out revision 6133 and it compiled ok via Ant in my Eclipse.
red1
Site Admin

Postby anhhn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Hello,

We download 3.6.1 GlobalQSS source in the following folder:

http://kenai.com/projects/adempiere361/ ... mpiere361/

What should we do next to ensure up-to-date sourcecode?
Thanks
Anh Han
anhhn

Postby red1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi Anh Han,
What is done next is usually hg pull at the spot where your hg pull was. It will automatically tell you what changes are been pulled, and then you can do a hg up or hg update. Of course you can also do the same from Eclipse.

If you are not bothered with code and just want to see what changes is happening to his work you can browse the development link in Carlos Kenai link.
red1
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Building ADempiere