OpenBravo POS into ADempiere

What Trunk or Branches to use and mix? Which is the Official version? How to survive growth?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Re: OpenBravo POS into ADempiere

Postby moneil222 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 pm

You're right, I can see two different use cases for how a user would like the import to function. Controlling it from an option in the openbravo.properties is a great idea.

The current method: import=replace
Where the current stock is more or less "overwritten" by the import. Any exising stock from other categories is made to disapear. I could see a use case where the categories are more like product years or something like that. The old category "2011 stock" would be made to disapear when the "2012 stock" was imported.

The proposed method: import=merge
Where the current stock is updated where product ids match and left alone where there is no corresponding record in the import file. This method is a bit more intuitive from an end user perspective. The first step is to prevent the Openbravo import from deliting the old categories.

Setting up a multi-category export and import capability could be the next phase in development. I like what you're thinking about the iterative looping on the ERP side. We'd need to think about how the JMS message would look. Would we use one message for each category or one message with all categories? I've noticed that the Openbravo import will only grab the latest record from the queue in situations where there is more than one record. So we'll need to fix the import process to handle multiple queue entries if we do the export of multiple categories as individual messages.

New Year's Eve in Paris... how wonderful! You'll have a great time. I've never been, but it should be a great sight to see the fireworks at the Tower. I'll have to get you out to Minnesota so we can hook up - but not when it's this cold. Summer time is a much better time for visiting the Midwest states :D
moneil222

Postby red1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes, about how the XML will look perhaps i can make a proof of concept test first where i dump huge amount of data and see if it holds well during synching. I am also wondering whether to pursue this path of beefing up the POS to be a more all rounder client of ADempiere ERP info. (I can recommend my present sponsor to accept this as my 2012 roadmap, vs the present OSGi functional testing - or i simply run on the mill faster).

Nevertheless your further logical input as to alternative yet optimal options is much appreciated.

Thanks for the fireworks tip. I got an old Compierean friend who happens to be in Paris that i hope knows the perfect viewing spot. About the Midwest, I will be happy to consider if i can take up on your offer next year then! (do email me privately if you think it is viable. I like touring continents.).
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 am

This is to inform that SmartJSP (BOGOTA, Colombia) has made another similar contribution which will be good to check out viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1533
I have yet to review it but those who do please give your feedback.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:15 am

I am inviting feedback or suggestions as I am planning the needed improvement described above as my present task :
0. Upgrading OB POS integration to work with latest Openbravo POS and latest iDempiere revision as of October end. I will also check for any latest version of the Apache MQ server to incorporate.
1. Allow multiple Product Category importing by not deleting old product category items.
2. Making iDempiere side OB POS handling as a separate OSGi module with own 2Pack for the DB changes.

I will then document it as a guide on how to make an independent OSGi module for plugin into iDempiere. This 1 month effort is sponsored by SYSNOVA.

After this, i will try to integrate OB POS into the Windows installer and the IDempiere side POS handing upgradable from Equinox p2 director.

Integrating Openbravo POS to the present Windows Installer can be either (1) an option in the main installer (2) A separate installer that installs both OB POS and ApacheMQ
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm

This module is now upgraded as an OSGi plugin here.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 am

I have updated the famous September 11 PDF guide to include the the more efficient OSGi plugin approach. I also discovered that the Stock Diary really works. It is matter of choosing the right reports on the Stock Inventory and you will see what actually was sold on that day.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 am

Yesterday on 12.12.12 I published how to install the iDempiere plugin version for POSIntegration.
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:43 am

With the introduction of Felix console by Low Heng Sin, i made a movie here showing how idiot-proof it is to install the POSIntegration bundle.

red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:16 am

I also made a fresh video to explain in a nutshell how Openbravo POS is setup and working from scratch into the new iDempiere environment.

red1
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Building ADempiere