[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Automated Testing Tools are used to assure modifications are always backward compatible and safe for production
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby red1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 pm

red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: First iDEMPIERE IRC Chat

Postby tbayen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks for documenting this first session as a part of future's history. I did my own version shortened, sorted for questions and a bit formatted in the FreiBier Wiki. If someone is interested look at https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ ... y_Meetings .

Thomas
tbayen
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 am

Re: First iDEMPIERE IRC Chat

Postby tspc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:55 pm

In regard to code review tools for mercurial, has anyone had a look at Crucible.

It is a commercial package but can be supplied free to open source projects.
It obviously also integrates very well with the Jira issue tracker.
Tony
tspc
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: First iDEMPIERE IRC Chat

Postby red1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:33 pm

This meeting is now regularly handled by Carlos or me. Last week Carlos has the transcript and he told me he uploaded it. Please link it here.

Now i am in the #iDempiere chatroom and i think our meeting should start in half an hour's time.
red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: First iDEMPIERE IRC Chat

Postby globalqss » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks Redhuan, this is the link where I'm uploading the minutes:

http://www.globalqss.com/wiki/index.php ... ng_Minutes

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:15 am
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

Re: First iDEMPIERE IRC Chat

Postby red1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 am

Here is the 3rd weekly irc chatroom meeting 8am Bogota time, every Wednesday: http://www.globalqss.com/wiki/index.php ... ng20120201
red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: First iDEMPIERE IRC Chat

Postby red1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:47 am

red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: First iDEMPIERE IRC Chat

Postby red1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:09 pm

5th week http://www.globalqss.com/wiki/index.php ... ng20120215

Muchas gracias Carlos for posting in your wiki. As usual i link it here for reference.
I was not able to attend as i was flying from Bogota to Paris.

Au voir. :)
red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby red1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 am

red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby red1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 pm

red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby globalqss » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:22 pm

globalqss
Senior
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:15 am
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:36 am

IDempiere/FullMeeting20120321

CarlosRuiz: Hello
nicolas: Hi everyone!
hengsin: hi
tbayen: hi :-)
CarlosRuiz: Hi nicolas - how are the babies?
nicolas: fine !
nicolas: Kind to ask
mindbender1: Hi all
nicolas: They grow very fast
CarlosRuiz: Hi all - as usual - there is no agenda - if somebody wants to bring a theme we can discuss it
PedroRozo_SmartJ: Good morning everyone ...
PedroRozo_SmartJ: first time on board ...
CarlosRuiz: Hi Pedro, glad to have you here
hengsin: carlos, have you review my pull request ?
PedroRozo_SmartJ: thanks for your invitation ...
CarlosRuiz: not yet hengsin - I was not clear if you wanted my peer review or were going to integrate it
CarlosRuiz: but now I'll schedule to review
hengsin: yeah, please do
red1: hi all .. greetings from Malaysia.. 9pm here
PedroRozo_SmartJ: As requested, we created the Jira ticket related with our financial reporting enhancement last week .. hope you guys like it ...we are trying to create our contributions as modular as possible ...
red1: yes PedroRozo_SmartJ if u make it modular enough and independent is more versatile and easier for higher adoption by other forks
CarlosRuiz: I still haven't reviewed it - but I think hengsin did and has some advices?
red1: integrating GWT is very tough., but i enjoy it as i learnt the asynch callback framework last few days
hengsin: I think most of the enhancement looks similar to what's already in print format item. Pedro, correct me if I'm wrong here.
PedroRozo_SmartJ: not sure about it. Red1 ... because we were nto abel to replicate that look & feel .. just with the print format ...
red1: hm in future we should publish some short statement to check if it saves time to reinvent the wheel then?
hengsin: I think the enhancement is good but it is probably more intuitive if it is implemented by adding additional column just for formatting purpose
hengsin: I haven't look at the implementation yet, just my impression from reading the pdf doc
red1: pedro, you used centralised IDs in your module changes to AD?
PedroRozo_SmartJ: not for now .. I have not seen why we need it ... ebcause we have not done structural changes in the AD. in whcih cases we really need those ID's ? when we create new tables ?
red1: or new columns..
red1: but it can be done easily via exporting thru 2Pack (with Centralised IDs turned on)
PedroRozo_SmartJ: still is not clear to me in which cases we need to use centralized ID´s .. coudl you guys help me a bit with this topic ?
red1: it is to avoid conflict with others IDs during importing your work into theirs
red1: it does not affect you but affect others
red1: anyway there is a complete WIKI on this
red1: "do your homework" :D
PedroRozo_SmartJ: ok, pleae send em the URL .. and I will check it the real concept nehind that topic ...
red1: but u can ask me anytime
red1: not sure if one page or few pages on this.. but googling in the wiki on the topic should get u there
CarlosRuiz: Pedro - I'm reading SmjReport and SMJReportViewer .....
mzuniga_ergio: hi Pedro
PedroRozo_SmartJ: as I expressed I read the general wiki there but I don´t fully understand if that centrallized id management is just required when you managed new tables in the AD ...
mzuniga_ergio: my business partner Emiliano Pereyra has this funcionality very clear
PedroRozo_SmartJ: hi marcos ..
mzuniga_ergio: and we all speak spanish, I suggest you to ask him for advice ;-)
red1: short answer Pedro = Yes
CarlosRuiz: and now SmjPdfReport .... trying to understand the approach
CarlosRuiz: ok - Pedro, did you add a column called Smj_reportline somewhere - right?
CarlosRuiz: with values T/L/X/Z/D/S
PedroRozo_SmartJ: sure...
CarlosRuiz: that's what red1 is trying to advice
CarlosRuiz: to add columns you can:
CarlosRuiz: a) contribute it as a 2pack - if it's intended to be kept as extension
CarlosRuiz: or b) use centralized ID if is intended to be included in main product
CarlosRuiz: in this case I see your idea is to have it totally as an extension - so a 2pack adding the new dictionary entries will be fine
PedroRozo_SmartJ: ok. taking note ...
CarlosRuiz: adding new columns / fields and as I see probably a process and button
PedroRozo_SmartJ: that will save some lines from the installation step as well...
CarlosRuiz: yes - the idea is that installation is basically - packin + deploy jar
CarlosRuiz: to ease the way for users - of course I'm just advising - you're free to contribute it without 2pack and giving manual installation instructions
PedroRozo_SmartJ: understood, suggestions are welcome for contribution newcomers like us ...
PedroRozo_SmartJ: we wil have that in mind for future releases ...
PedroRozo_SmartJ: changing the topic, red1 mentioned that some people might have questions regarding the recent relase of SmartPOS ....
PedroRozo_SmartJ: I am open to questions if you want ...
CarlosRuiz: Pedro, about IDEMPIERE-196 I would recommend two paths:
PedroRozo_SmartJ: go ahead ..
hengsin: I think LineType should be more intuitive as "Line" and "Text" and we can have additional formatting column for this. for e.g, for text, we can have isunderline, isstrikethrough, indentation, etc
CarlosRuiz: a) if you want it included on product I think we would need a different approach - idea is great, we would need to integrate it in FinReport directly (not easy task)
CarlosRuiz: maybe a "style" usable from FinReport and PrintFormatItem ?? don't know just thinking in draft
CarlosRuiz: b) but as I see your approach of extension fits very properly with the idea of an OSGi extension
mindbender1: I want the application server to pass db connection info to adempiere of the form postgres-adempiere.domain.com/adempiere. How do I generate the connection string as Setup.java doesn't allow specifying db info without port info
CarlosRuiz: so we could also work towards such goal - try to make it an OSGi extension that is deployable in the OSGi container and voila, you have SmartFR installed
PedroRozo_SmartJ: our hoemwork for next weeks is get up-to-speed to the idempeire work .. including OSGi ... I will ahve that in mind as well for sure .. thaks guys for yoru feedback ...
mindbender1: please I need this advice as I am not too sure how else to pass db info to adempiere apart from Adempiere.properties
hengsin: mindbender1, why no port ?
mindbender1: because the domain will resolve the port number correctly and direct the request to postgres server being hosted
red1: dynamic port?
tbayen: mindbender1, it is possible to start a local client with different ADempiere.properties files. Dos this solve your problem?
mindbender1: the domain does not offer external ip for the postgres server and only gives url info
CarlosRuiz: why not port 80 then?
hengsin: what kind of url info ? example ?
mindbender1: something like postgres-adempiere.jelastic.com/adempiere
hengsin: have you try the default postgresql port ?
mindbender1: yes .. it says error
mindbender1: I didn't try carlos advice maybe I should try port 80.. I tried using setup to generate the Adempiere.properties so that I can pass it as jvm options to the adempiere app when the as is starting it
hengsin: postgres-adempiere.jelastic.com/adempiere is the url to the database server or is something else ?
mindbender1: yes
mindbender1: that is the information needed by adempiere to connect along with username and paa
hengsin: that sounds like postgres-adempiere.jelastic.com is the db server hostname and adempiere is the database name ?
mindbender1: yes hengsin
hengsin: ic, in that case you do need to know what's the port to connect :)
red1: is the server for your instance alone?
mindbender1: but setup.java is not designed to accept such
red1: maybe u can modify the properties after setup
mindbender1: yes it's specific to my instance
red1: the PG database is already setup in that server?
mindbender1: red1: that I tried but the info is mungled
hengsin: why not ? isn't just postgres-adempiere.jelastic.com as the db server hostname and adempiere as the database name ? I don't see how's that different from others.
mindbender1: hengsin: because when you omit port setup.java complains
hengsin: Carlos, my idea to evolve the header detail tab implementation - http://jira.idempiere.com/browse/IDEMPIERE-203 , please comments if you can.
CarlosRuiz: mindbender1, can you connect using psql ?
hengsin: mindbender1, you do need to know what port the postgresql server is listening on.
mindbender1: CarlosRuiz: haven't tried psql
hengsin: pgadmin ?
mindbender1: hengsin: I'm about to try port 80
hengsin: ok but it is unlikely that a postgresql server will listen on port 80
CarlosRuiz: my thinking is because probably is a tunnel
red1: yeah if you setup that PG in the server you should be able to get in using PGAdmin
hengsin: Carlos, if it is tunnel, usually should be ssh
mindbender1: port 80 seems to work.. but there are still some errors
CarlosRuiz: hengsin - in IDEMPIERE-203 - is there possible to have multiple details in this case?
hengsin: yes
hengsin: move the tree tab except the first to bottom
mindbender1: Error JDBC Connection:
mindbender1: (Error connecting: jdbc:postgressql://postgres-adempiere.jelastic.com/template1 - postgres/postgres)
mindbender1: err
mindbender1: (Error connecting: jdbc:postgressql://postgres-adempiere.jelastic.com:80/template1 - postgres/postgres)
PedroRozo_SmartJ: time check , I assume there are not questions about SmartPOS .. right ? for me it is ok, we still have the sourceforge forums: https://sourceforge.net/p/smart-pos/discussion/
mindbender1: port 5432 doesn't connect at all
hengsin: Pedro, SmartPos is OpenBravo ?
PedroRozo_SmartJ: a fork .. with many structural changes ....
PedroRozo_SmartJ: and it works as a slave of the Adempiere ERP ....
PedroRozo_SmartJ: it doens´t work alone ....
hengsin: ic so your guy will maintain the fork independent from openbravo ?
red1: its not standalone pedro?
PedroRozo_SmartJ: at this moemnt yes ...
mindbender1: is there is a way to modify the connection manually I will like to do so. Can I modify Adempiere.properties directly
PedroRozo_SmartJ: pardon .. it doesn´t work without Adempiere ERP ....
PedroRozo_SmartJ: as docuemtned here: https://sourceforge.net/p/smart-pos/wik ... uestions./
red1: its tightly coupled to the ERP?
PedroRozo_SmartJ: yes ... like master - slave ....
red1: trifon: take note :D
PedroRozo_SmartJ: tehre is no way to create products , taxes and so on in the POS ....
mzuniga_ergio: Pedro I have a question for you
PedroRozo_SmartJ: go ahead ...
red1: mine is that way too but it can function without the ERP been up and online
mzuniga_ergio: we did some improvements on Adempiere JavaPOS
PedroRozo_SmartJ: sure, but you dontñ support multiple UOM and prices .. and sync approach y different I guess ...
mzuniga_ergio: and we are analyzing the best aproach of POS cash closing
mzuniga_ergio: we need to implement at least one cash Journal per POS
mzuniga_ergio: but
hengsin: mindbender1, you wouldn't be able to get it to work using Adempiere.properties directly if setup can't connect
mzuniga_ergio: cash (here in argentina mean caja) so it is not only cash (efectivo) closing
mzuniga_ergio: we need to include all tender types (check, credict cards, etc) in this closing
mzuniga_ergio: how did you manage that in SmartPOS?
hengsin: mzuniga - use bank account as your cash register!
mindbender1: another ting I observed is that setup uses template1 by default how can I adjust this
PedroRozo_SmartJ: we already have support for check, credit card and so on... and you can configure which account bank (ERP) you want to affect in one of the resources ...
mzuniga_ergio: that is a very good aproach but..
mindbender1: as you can see from the error msg
mzuniga_ergio: but we need to have a "cash closing" for every POS operator and to
PedroRozo_SmartJ: for exampel cash transactions go to 1000002 (internal adempeire ID) bank account ... and so on... just need admin rigths to modify the resource ....
mindbender1: so how can I get access to template1
mzuniga_ergio: add a funcionality that allows you to transfer your daily "chas" to an central administration,
mzuniga_ergio: and register you initial change
mindbender1: the pass is directly modifiable from setup but not the user
PedroRozo_SmartJ: oir you cant configure all your payment forms to the same bank account ..if up to you (your config changes, once you have created the bank accounts in adempiere) ...
mzuniga_ergio: Pedro i understand your aproach, that allows you to transfer and map you transactions
mzuniga_ergio: i meant: your cash transactions
PedroRozo_SmartJ: yes
mzuniga_ergio: i think we will try your aproach but we are going to add to our roadmap
mzuniga_ergio: to develop a cash closing funcionality.
PedroRozo_SmartJ: we have a resource configuration dictionary document: http://sourceforge.net/projects/smart-p ... f/download
mzuniga_ergio: thanks you very much Pedro
hengsin: mzuniga - that's just similar to how bank reconc work :)
hengsin: you have a initial balance, cash closing is the initial balance plus all the cash tender type transaction
mzuniga_ergio: you are right hensin...
mzuniga_ergio: but in Argentina people is very used to work with a "cash closing" for user... so we need to add a little "make up" to
mzuniga_ergio: make that look as a familiar funtionality to users
hengsin: yeah, i know additional work needed, just pointing out it is easier to add that than to fix the half baked cash journal stuff
mzuniga_ergio: you are right, this was a very good advice from you and Pedro
mzuniga_ergio: we were almost to start a new funcionality adding some tables and windows
mindbender1: I can't see the code where Setup.java is executing the test button. I only see the code for file and exit.. any thoughts were to look. I need to supply template1 with correct info
mzuniga_ergio: thank you very much
CarlosRuiz: mindbender1, ConfigurationPanel.java
mindbender1: CarlosRuiz: thanks a lot.. I will study it in detail
CarlosRuiz: indeed what you're looking for is ConfigurationData.testDatabase -> ConfigPostgresql.test
mindbender1: ok thanks a lot.. the culprit is public String getSystemUser()
mindbender1: {
mindbender1: return "postgres";
mindbender1: } // getSystemUser
red1: bbl
CarlosRuiz: c u later guys - thanks for the meeting
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 pm

IDempiere/FullMeeting20120328

Nicolas__: Hi
CarlosRuiz: Hi Nicolas
a42niem: hi all
CarlosRuiz: Hi Dirk
tbayen: Hi all
CarlosRuiz: our weekly meeting start in 30 minutes
CarlosRuiz: Hi Thomas
tbayen: OK - let's talk about time zones in idempiere. ;-)
a42niem: sure - summertime here - i forgot
a42niem: hallo Thomas
tbayen: Hi Carlos, Hi Dirk (Hi to the baker).
a42niem: :)
CarlosRuiz: :-) second sunday of march? DST?
a42niem: last sunday of march CET -> CEST
a42niem: nobody needs it...
tbayen: The idempiere team timezone seems to be Bogota time. (honor to whom honor is due)
CarlosRuiz: we have had this problem always - worldwide project - so we decided to always call for meetings in GMT or UTC
CarlosRuiz: http://demo.idempiere.com updated to latest changes
mzuniga_ergio: hi everyone!
CarlosRuiz: Hi Marcos
andygraybeal: is the install for idempiere the same for adempiere? or is there difference?
CarlosRuiz: do you mean the installation instructions? there are differences
CarlosRuiz: Hi everybody
red1: we have to change daylight time.. to follow Bogota 8am i think as 7am for Bogota is too early
CarlosRuiz: Hengsin - you proposed some dates to achieve the may-day release - when is the freeze going to start?
red1: so it should be GMT 2pm now?
CarlosRuiz: ah, I found the doc - april 2 feature freeze
CarlosRuiz: so, we're very close to the feature freeze
CarlosRuiz: I would like to see in this first version some jira tickets that we have talked on previous meetings:
CarlosRuiz: Nicolas__, do you want to restart the idea of IDEMPIERE-129?
Nicolas__: Yes, i could find some time to work on it
CarlosRuiz: I would like to complete and integrate also IDEMPIERE-177
a42niem: ok
andygraybeal: i know it doesn't matter in this channel, but i'm installing (or tryign to install) SmartPOS as we speak (hooray for me and such niceness things)
CarlosRuiz: :D
andygraybeal: :)
CarlosRuiz: those two are my preferred to integrate before the feature freeze
CarlosRuiz: any other candidate (meaning new feature, not bugs)
andygraybeal: CarlosRuiz thank you for answering about the difference in installation
CarlosRuiz: Nicolas__, last time we talked about IDEMPIERE-129 I was going to create a table for you - right?
Nicolas__: yes
CarlosRuiz: so, I'll try to do it right now - let me check - and we'll restart from here
Nicolas__: fine
red1: Carlos, do you want me to change the meeting time to suit yours better?
CarlosRuiz: red1 - GMT doesn't have summer time - or must we refer to it as UTC?
red1: as long as it suits your time better.. you are they key person here
tbayen: Hmmm... "universal daylight saving time" - an interesing philosophical concept.
red1: tbayen: we want a time that stays put
CarlosRuiz: my comment is -> Time: 13:00 GMT is fine - as I understand GMT timezone doesn't imply DST - if it implies, then we can express it as Time: 13:00 UTC
red1: Does the European times recalculated today to one hour earlier for GMT 1pm?
red1: ok.. if UTC is more clearer.
tbayen: In winter the meeting is at 14, now it is at 15 o'clock. Did you mean that information?
tbayen: (in german time)
red1: yes tbayen
red1: so what time is it there 32 mins ago?
red1: so is expressing in UTC clear?
tbayen: Yes, it is clear. For europeans it is a comfortable time.
a42niem: <nit-picking comment> i don't think, UTC has the concept of am and pm</nit-picking comment>
red1: nit picking accepted
red1: do i need to add the 'hrs' word?
CarlosRuiz: :-) I like the xml notation for the nit-picking - very geek :-D
CarlosRuiz: Nicolas__, revisiting IDEMPIERE-129 I think we're complicating too much the idea
Nicolas__: why ?
tbayen: red1, this is nice.
CarlosRuiz: maybe we can adopt a lazy notation to name restrictions on the restriction table - for example - ClassName.objectName - if there is a record in the restrict table for such class/object then it's restricted
CarlosRuiz: my thinking is that making it strict (compelling to create one record in such table per each visual component added in toolbars, forms, etc) - creates too much burden on dev shoulders
CarlosRuiz: making it lazy doesn't add workload - but of course open the doors for other problems - but also allows more flexibility to use it even on customized classes
CarlosRuiz: so - I'm thinking back to your original idea of having just one table AD_ToolbarMenuRestrict - but, instead of the columns Action+Restriction - we can have two open text columns for classname and objectname
CarlosRuiz: WDYT?
Nicolas__: why don't we have both ?
Nicolas__: why can't we have both ?
Nicolas__: A pre configured list, and some open text to allow customization ?
CarlosRuiz: reading your doc I suppose your idea of Action and Restriction is based on a dictionary List
Nicolas__: there could be 2 levels : the first one where users can't broke anything because they just make a selection in list; and a second one (for advanced users)
Nicolas__: yes, a reference, which contains all buttons
CarlosRuiz: ah - but this functionality is very harmless - adding wrong records there doesn't make harm
CarlosRuiz: just the user won't get the expected results (hiding a button) - but it won't make harm
Nicolas__: By now, there is 28 items in the list
Nicolas__: in the code, i got for every one :
Nicolas__: else if (ToolbarAndMenuType.equals(X_ToolbarMenuRestrict.TOOLBARANDMENURESTRICTTYPE_Menu_Help)) menuBar.remove(menuHelp);
Nicolas__: you have some code to add buttons ; and new code to remove
CarlosRuiz: yep - if we make it lazy - you just need to change the code in one point
andygraybeal: why do you think that pedro put everything into /apps/java intead of /opt ?
andygraybeal: in his demo
Nicolas__: at least 2 : APanel and Viewer
CarlosRuiz: I mean - you could just make the validation on APanel.addAction
CarlosRuiz: and for zk in CWindowToolbar.createButton
Nicolas__: don't think you can do it in addAction, because you don't get the Window_ID
Nicolas__: my methode updateToolBarAndMenuWithRestriction is called from stateChanged just once
Nicolas__: this feature is not yet emplanted in Web
Nicolas__: Don't forget Viewer ; sometime you may want to hide some buttons to user (like customizations, create new print format, ...)
CarlosRuiz: yep - same principle - you search for class / button in the restriction table
Nicolas__: for one record in the table, i can fill : role, then 'Window/Form/Viewer'
Nicolas__: if i select 'Window', i can select only one
Nicolas__: and then, i pick the restriction (eg : Button New, Save, ... Info Product, ...)
CarlosRuiz: do you mean you can restrict one button on the toolbar for "Product" window - but not for "BPartner" ?
Nicolas__: Yep
CarlosRuiz: ah - sorry - that was not clear in the doc
Nicolas__: Either your restrictions is applied for one particular window or every window
CarlosRuiz: but I think it still can work - window (optional) and class+object (lazy - not list)
CarlosRuiz: even if you don't select a window can mean that you restrict in every window
Nicolas__: Yep, both can coexist
Nicolas__: that's right
CarlosRuiz: yes - the problem is that we make the table maintainable for technicals - not for end-users
CarlosRuiz: let's go back to your first original idea
Nicolas__: If we create the table with a reference list that covers every button of the toolbar, every user can use it.
CarlosRuiz: you have Action (Window/Form/Report)
Nicolas__: We can add later those 'open' text fields
Nicolas__: Yes, i have Action
CarlosRuiz: when user selects Window you have a field called window (optional)
Nicolas__: yes
CarlosRuiz: and you have this Restriction list
Nicolas__: yes
CarlosRuiz: maybe is simpler
CarlosRuiz: we convert the restriction list to a restriction table
CarlosRuiz: and the restriction table is maintained by System
CarlosRuiz: and it has the restriction name (as you have it there) and the class+object names
Nicolas__: Yep, it's more more evolutive
CarlosRuiz: System is maintained by technical people - by us indeed - and users could add customized things there if needed
Nicolas__: Sounds good to me :-)
CarlosRuiz: and the implementor won't need to know classes - he just select from a list
CarlosRuiz: and our class looks for the existance of restrictions by classname+object
CarlosRuiz: so, I think in your APanel - instead of the method updateToolBarAndMenuWithRestriction
CarlosRuiz: you can change the approach to check restriction table on addAction or something like that
Nicolas__: that's not possible
Nicolas__: my first though was to do it in createMenu
Nicolas__: but at this time, AD_Window_ID = 0
Nicolas__: and addACtion is called from createMenu (or correct me if i'm wrong)
CarlosRuiz: you have windowNo
Nicolas__: which seems to be equal to 0 when createMenu is called
CarlosRuiz: no - windowNo is assigned sequentially when creating the windows
CarlosRuiz: the problem I'm checking is how to get the AD_Window_ID based on the windowNo
CarlosRuiz: I think I did that somewhere
Nicolas__: ah ok i see what you want to do
Nicolas__: IMHO, the window is built (panel, statusbar, menu) the same way regardless AD_Window_ID ; and then after, tab and fields are added
CarlosRuiz: I see what you mean - AD_Window_ID = 0 initially
CarlosRuiz: yes - just in initWindow is set the AD_Window_ID
Nicolas__: and the menu is already built
CarlosRuiz: yes - we could iterate in the toolbar and menu components looking for restriction
CarlosRuiz: like you did - but in a generic way
Nicolas__: what do you mean by 'a generic way' ?
CarlosRuiz: instead of this
CarlosRuiz: if (restrict.equals(X_ToolbarMenuRestrict.TOOLBARANDMENURESTRICTTYPE_Archive))
CarlosRuiz: something like
CarlosRuiz: for each component in the menu
CarlosRuiz: if (existsRestriction ( AD_Window_ID , this.getClass.this.getClass().getCanonicalName() , component.getName) ;
CarlosRuiz: for each component in the toolbar
CarlosRuiz: if (existsRestriction ( AD_Window_ID , this.getClass.this.getClass().getCanonicalName() , component.getName) ;
Nicolas__: i'm doing the opposite
CarlosRuiz: sorry for the this.getClass duplicated - just writing very fast without too much care on the syntax :-)
Nicolas__: at he beginning of the method, i call
Nicolas__: restrictionList = MToolbarMenuRestrict.getOf(m_ctx, MRole.getDefault().getAD_Role_ID(), "W", m_window.getAD_Window_ID(), null);
CarlosRuiz: ah - yes - that's even better for performance
Nicolas__: and can gather every restrictions linked to a particular window (those with AD_System_ID = 0, those which applied to every window, and those applied for the Window_ID)
Nicolas__: and then for (int i = 0; i < restrictionList.size(); i++) {
Nicolas__: i test every restriction
tbayen: CarlosRuiz, I lost my password to jira.idempiere.com and I do not get the rescue mail. The webpage tells me to ask the administrator. Can you help me?
CarlosRuiz: sure Thomas - I can
Nicolas__: Do you want i upload my classes, it could be more simple ?
CarlosRuiz: Nicolas__, to make it generic - you could iterate on toolbar.getComponents() to get a component with the name and remove it
tbayen: Would you send me a new password?
Nicolas__: toolBar.getComponent don't have string parameter, only integer
CarlosRuiz: yes - can you please log in and change your password ? I sent your pwd in a private IRC window
CarlosRuiz: yep - you need toolbar.getComponents() and check the name for each one
Nicolas__: ok, but for removing, you have to find the menu (for instance File, Edit, Go, ...)
Nicolas__: this can be recover by this method ,
Nicolas__: ?
andygraybeal: how can i tell if a binary file is 32bit?
CarlosRuiz: not checked - but I think the menu Name - sounds like menuBar has some JMenus and each JMenu has JMenuItems - so maybe is more tricky - but feasible
CarlosRuiz: andygraybeal -> "file" command in ubuntu
andygraybeal: CarlosRuiz, awesome thank you
andygraybeal: gah, it is 32bit
CarlosRuiz: ok Nicolas
CarlosRuiz: do you have centralized ID password?
Nicolas__: Sorry, i was mistaken... y ou have two things to remove : buttons and menu ;
Nicolas__: button don't need the menu to be removed ; menu needs it
Nicolas__: no, don't have centralized password
CarlosRuiz: yep - JMenu and JToolBar
Nicolas__: Correct !
Nicolas__: I will try to enhance my method to make it more 'generic' and give you result ; but do you want i upload them by now ?
CarlosRuiz: sure
CarlosRuiz: I'll create the tables / windows we have chatted with centralized ID - and some entries - and if you want I'll assign you centralized ID password to complete the entries on restriction table
CarlosRuiz: right?
tbayen: Nicolas__, where will you upload? I would like to have a look at it.
Nicolas__: Don't know where to upload ; any suggestion ?
Nicolas__: ok CArlos, sounds ok to me
CarlosRuiz: nmicoud is your user - right?
Nicolas__: yep
tbayen: Nicolas__, I wanted to do my own "fork" in the next days. I thought about using my sourceforge project. CarlosRuiz, do you have a better idea?
CarlosRuiz: ready Nicolas__, sent you an email with the pwd
Nicolas__: email received
CarlosRuiz: tbayen, easier to fork on bitbucket
CarlosRuiz: just pushing one button
tbayen: My work is still based on adempiere361. I don't know if it is the right time to migrate. Is it worth the extra work?
Nicolas__: (this customization is also based on 361)
tbayen: But bitbucket is the new OSGI idempiere version. So it is not "just pushing one button" for us, isn't it?
CarlosRuiz: transition version is also on bitbucket
CarlosRuiz: https://bitbucket.org/CarlosRuiz_globalqss/adempiere361
tbayen: OK. I did not do a upgrade up to now. How can I find out how to upgrade my database? Do I have to start migration scripts one by one or is there an automatic upgrade?
CarlosRuiz: for linux there are migrate_postgresql.sh script
Nicolas__: If everyone agree, i will send classes to tbayen ; so they will be integrated in his fork
tbayen: Some months ago your version was restricted. Is this "transition" the same branch we talked about?
CarlosRuiz: no - was never restricted - just open on request - now is fully open
tbayen: Yes, that's what I meant. I did not request because my other work was enough for the moment. But slowly there are things I want to give back so I want to do my own repository.
CarlosRuiz: yes - bitbucket is very easy to work with - you fork it on bitbucket - integrate your contributions on your own repository and then ask for a pull request
tbayen: Nicolas__, If I did this it will be no big deal to integrate some of your code if we both do not work in the same part of adempiere. But I think in the sense of distributed versioning systems it should even be no big deal for you to do your own repo. Perhaps I will write a documentation if I did it.
Nicolas__: yes, you'er right, that will be more simple ; i can create my own repo and testing your documentation
tbayen: Nicolas__, I am really interested in you thoughts about toolbars and menus. I would like to talk about that deeper but I have too much work and I need first to do some organization for myself. The repo is part of this. But I would like to test your code if I can get it.
Nicolas__: no problem, i will put it in my repo and sent them to you
claudio_cth: good afternoon
Nicolas__: Sorry guys, i have to go :-( ; i wait for Carlos to create table and then create my own repo so i can put my classes. And then i will ask for a 'pull request' ?
CarlosRuiz: I'll upload the scripts to the JIRA ticket
CarlosRuiz: thanks for the meeting
tbayen: Bye, I will send you the documentation for the repo when I did it.
Nicolas__: Ok thanks; bye bye
banym: Hi all
CarlosRuiz: Hi Dominik
banym: CarlosRuiz: how work going with idempiere
CarlosRuiz: very well - thanks
banym: CarlosRuiz: so you have a roadmap for release? i see alot of tickets in jira and alot of work done around the code
CarlosRuiz: basically we are planning a 1.0 release for may 1
CarlosRuiz: another may-day :-)
CarlosRuiz: there will be a feature freeze on april 2 - to focus on stabilization
banym: CarlosRuiz: if you think it's a good idea I can create a virtual machine image for vmware and virtualbox like there was the ava in the past.
CarlosRuiz: I never used it - but I think it worked for many
banym: just for evaluation but very often the installation process was a source of alot of frustration and questions in the past
tbayen: As a sort of newbie I appreciated the ava. It took my fear away. But it was very old and so worthless in the end.
banym: easy way for people without linux or postgres or java knowledge
banym: think about it and maybe 2 weeks before releas i can build such a new quick try solution. only for testing and evaluation but easy to use.
tbayen: With a bit scripting it should be possible to automate the process of creating it so it will be actual. Perhaps red1 can integrate it within his test server (or we do testing while automatic building the ava image).
CarlosRuiz: yes - I see the value of the AVA - just that I don't use it
CarlosRuiz: I'll think about it for 2 weeks :-D
CarlosRuiz: just joking ;-)
tbayen: I was very angry when I tried the old AVA and saw that it had big differences to the actual version. So if we offer it we should keep it actual at least two times a year.
banym: tbayen: if there is a auto update functionality it would be nice.
tbayen: In theory it is not more than a script logging into the VM, upgrading via Mercurial, starting the migration script and shutting down the VM. In practice I think it will be not as easy...
banym: no it's not so easy
banym: but even if we have a ava for each official release we have a better situation for newbies
tbayen: If you want this you have at least to document what you do. If you want I will proof-read it and create a second one. This will be a good idempiere installation example anyways.
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:49 pm

IDempiere/FullMeeting20120404

CarlosRuiz: Good morning
Edwin_Ang: test
CarlosRuiz: Hi
Edwin_Ang: hi carlos
CarlosRuiz: working here on pull request from Dirk for http://jira.idempiere.com/browse/IDEMPIERE-177
CarlosRuiz: but we're on meeting time so please feel free to interrupt me :-)
Edwin_Ang: this is the idempiere meeting right?
Edwin_Ang: no topic currently?
CarlosRuiz: nope - as usual - open topics - work in the middle if there are no topics
Edwin_Ang: well.. let me start one then
Nicolas__: Hi !
tbayen: Hi! :-)
Edwin_Ang: Hi Nicolas :)
Edwin_Ang: can anyone tell me, how to make model validator code to commit in the same transaction as document process?
CarlosRuiz: use po.getTrxname
tbayen: I use something like "CPreparedStatement stmt = DB.prepareStatement(sql, get_TrxName());". I would believe that this uses the global transaction if there is one.
Edwin_Ang: well.. i almost always use get_TrxName() on my code
tbayen: What let you believe this does not work?
Edwin_Ang: cos i ran into some random issue
Edwin_Ang: it rarely happens but it do happens
Edwin_Ang: most recently i am working on customizing lco withholding code
Edwin_Ang: i take Kittiu's code for thai localization too
Edwin_Ang: everything is running fine until i got a report
Edwin_Ang: the validation is TIMING_AFTER_COMPLETE on MAllocationHdr
Edwin_Ang: my invoice and payment are already flagged as ispaid
Edwin_Ang: while the docstatus on my allocation record is invalid
tbayen: If there is no transaction the return value of getTrxName() is null (or "", can't remember). If there is no value I would use the debugger to find the point where the flags are set and where the transaction is closed. But I am not used to this internals. Perhaps the gurus here may help.
CarlosRuiz: usually in model validator there is always a transaction - MWF* if is triggered from the docaction button - or POSave* if triggered by a non-trx saving record
tbayen: Hmmm... AFTER_COMPLETE sounds like - hmmm - "after complete". Perhaps you need another entry point for your code. Or you have to check the status of the database inside your own transaction.
Edwin_Ang: AFTER_COMPLETE is a valid TIMING.
Edwin_Ang: It is actually called within completeIt()
Edwin_Ang: i think i've been very carefully to always use po.get_TrxName()
tbayen: I know it is valid. I wanted to say that it may be that it is called after the transaction is closed. I did not read the source yet.
tbayen: I CarlosRuiz says "there is always a transaction" and you get a value from getTrxName() the transaction is valid. If not perhaps it has to do with the meaning of "after completion".
tbayen: If CarlosRuiz says "there is always a transaction" and you get a value from getTrxName() then the transaction is valid. If not perhaps it has to do with the meaning of "after completion".
Nicolas__: Carlos, have you been able to review patch for ticket 129 (restrictions on toolbar) ?
CarlosRuiz: sorry - I didn't notice you added a patch - we'll review it today
Nicolas__: ok, no problem
Edwin_Ang: i've just done a little test
Nicolas__: and btw, have you nay idea on how to deal with IDEMPIERE-38 (tabs with same translation) ? the behaviour is very very strange in swing
Edwin_Ang: i add a faulty DIVISION BY ZERO code on my validator method
Edwin_Ang: my payment and invoice is processed, while the allocation is invalid
CarlosRuiz: Nicolas__, the swing misbehavior is on 361 or idempiere?
Nicolas__: 361
Nicolas__: don't have tested in idempiere
Edwin_Ang: another test.. i add a validator code TIMING_BEFORE_PREPARE to set description on allocationHdr to "TEST BY EDWIN"
red1: Edwin_Ang: i wonder if u can debug by breaking in the Eclipse to see if TrxName changes..
Edwin_Ang: use saveEx() to save the record
Edwin_Ang: then add a faulty code on TIMING_AFTER_PREPARE
red1: if u think the TrxName seems to change
Edwin_Ang: bad news is the description is set
tbayen: Edwin_Ang, as far as I understand the source the validator is called insode the transaction and before setProcessed(). Perhaps you set a breakpoint on beginning of MAllocationHdr.completeIt() and debug it step by step.
Edwin_Ang: @red1, will try to debug the TrxName
red1: Or, somewhere there is a null for TrxName
tbayen: Edwin_Ang, do you have all the source inside Eclipse for debugging?
red1: usually it maybe a null instead of a TrxName… (that is all i can think of atm :> )
Edwin_Ang: tbayen: i have all the source
Edwin_Ang: currently try to debug this
Edwin_Ang: need a little help here
Edwin_Ang: i've never debugged a transaction
Edwin_Ang: where can i see the trxName?
CarlosRuiz: the timing_after_prepare returns the error msg?
tbayen: Edwin_Ang, I believe every PO Objekct carries it's transaction name in the field m_trxName
Edwin_Ang: ok, this is my test result
Edwin_Ang: even though i've returned an error msg on TIMING_AFTER_PREPARE, the code still proceed to completeIt()
Edwin_Ang: so, in the end, i have an invalid allocation with description "TEST BY EDWIN"
Edwin_Ang: and my payment is marked as paid
Edwin_Ang: can i confirm there's something wrong here?
CarlosRuiz: can you pastebin your failing ModelValidator?
CarlosRuiz: http://pastebin.com/
Edwin_Ang: i paste the url here?
Edwin_Ang: http://pastebin.com/gqUrvCb3
CarlosRuiz: testing ...
Edwin_Ang: ok
CarlosRuiz: Edwin - how are you testing it?
CarlosRuiz: completing a payment?
Edwin_Ang: using payment allocation form
Edwin_Ang: i allocate the payment to an invoice
CarlosRuiz: guessing that VAllocation is not calling workflow - but completing it directly - just a hunch
Edwin_Ang: well now you say so
Edwin_Ang: i remembered read several code like that o
Edwin_Ang: on forms
Edwin_Ang: you don't have any wf activity record on document processed this way
Edwin_Ang: so that's the culprit?
CarlosRuiz: not sure - just a hunch :-) reading Allocation - line 738 states calling WF
CarlosRuiz: are you sure you added MAllocationHdr to the initialize?
Edwin_Ang: of course
Edwin_Ang: i add those code to LCO_Validator :D
CarlosRuiz: sorry for the noob question - I always triple check :-)
Edwin_Ang: actually i've had several similar issues in the past
Edwin_Ang: usually with inventory related classes
Edwin_Ang: the MTransaction record is generated while the MInventory / MInOut class is invalid
tbayen: I have to go for a customer meeting. Hope, Carlos will help you. Thanks everyone for being here and cu!
CarlosRuiz: tried with a Payment and status is set to Invalid - let's check with Allocation
CarlosRuiz: cu tbayen
Edwin_Ang: cu
CarlosRuiz: got it
CarlosRuiz: Edwin - replicated the issue
CarlosRuiz: allocation is Invalid - and invoice is paid
Edwin_Ang: and the description is saved
Edwin_Ang: should i open a jira ticket for this?
CarlosRuiz: ah
CarlosRuiz: error
CarlosRuiz: Allocation.java line 741
CarlosRuiz: not checking the boolean return of processIt
CarlosRuiz: I've seen this in other classes
CarlosRuiz: Edwin - yes - please open a JIRA ticket - and please mention the culprit is not checking return of processIt - I'm seeing more classes with the same problem, like MCashLine, MJournalBatch, MInvoice .... etc
Edwin_Ang: created and assigned http://jira.idempiere.com/browse/IDEMPIERE-223 to Carlos
Edwin_Ang: if no checking on return of processIt() is the culprit then we have a lot of work to do
Edwin_Ang: i've seen them everywhere and i am used to code that way
CarlosRuiz: Edwin_Ang, attached a patch - can you check it please to see if it solves your problem
Edwin_Ang: no
Edwin_Ang: problem still persists
CarlosRuiz: I checked the division by zero and it worked fine after the patch
Edwin_Ang: sorry
Edwin_Ang: i applied at wrong project
CarlosRuiz: :-)
Edwin_Ang: let me test for one more time
Edwin_Ang: :D
Edwin_Ang: yess
Edwin_Ang: it's ok now
Edwin_Ang: this means we have to screen for every call to processIt() right?
CarlosRuiz: yes - processIt seems dangerous - it hides even exceptions
Edwin_Ang: if you need a hand, we can help with this
CarlosRuiz: sure please
CarlosRuiz: is about checking all classes for processIt without evaluation of the result
Edwin_Ang: i guess this is the answer to our long time issue
Edwin_Ang: missmatch on MTransaction with onhand qty
Edwin_Ang: anyway.. got to go now
Edwin_Ang: very many many thanks with the help, Carlos
Edwin_Ang: zuhri will have some work to do tomorrow :D
Edwin_Ang: bye everyone
Nicolas__: In Swing, we can do a .setFontBold(true) on CLabel ; is there something similar for Label in webUI ?
CarlosRuiz: sure - there must be - check how the labels are changed from red to black when they are required
Nicolas__: i went into Label class and find createMandatoryDecorator. But i though there was a simpler way to do this
Nicolas__: i've made this : ((Label)general).setSclass("mandatory-decorator-text"); now, my label is red. That's better ! i just can't find where in the code it is said that 'mandatory-decorator-text' = red ; any idea ?
CIA-126: iDempiere: a42niem * e151a81edbb2 r7125 / (8 files in 2 dirs):
CIA-126: iDempiere: IDEMPIERE-177
CIA-126: iDempiere: Complete Window Customization functionality
CIA-126: iDempiere: a42niem * f5f8f8c24a00 r7126 /org.adempiere.base/src/org/compiere/model/MUserDefWin.java:
CIA-126: iDempiere: IDEMPIERE-177
CIA-126: iDempiere: Corrected selection process
CIA-126: iDempiere: globalqss * 39512c924b2b r7127 /org.adempiere.base/src/org/compiere/model/ (6 files): IDEMPIERE-177 Model Generated for iDempiere
CIA-126: iDempiere: a42niem * ec963759fadc r7128 /migration/360lts-release/ (2 files in 2 dirs):
CIA-126: iDempiere: IDEMPIERE-177
CIA-126: iDempiere: Added missing migration scripts
CIA-126: iDempiere: a42niem * 9b79c1f0f06b r7129 / (5 files in 3 dirs):
CIA-126: iDempiere: IDEMPIERE-177
CIA-126: iDempiere: AD_Language and name for entry made optional
CIA-126: iDempiere: Caching best matching entry for UserDefWin
CIA-126: iDempiere: a42niem * 9e419dc5d7b4 r7130 /migration/360lts-release/postgresql/830_IDEMPIERE-177_Window_Customization.sql:
CIA-126: iDempiere: IDEMPIERE-177
CIA-126: iDempiere: Correction in migration script
CIA-126: iDempiere: globalqss * c14598a733e1 r7131 /migration/360lts-release/ (2 files in 2 dirs): IDEMPIERE-177 Complete Window Customization functionality / fix migration scripts
CIA-126: iDempiere: globalqss * 328210a8b4ef r7132 / (5 files in 3 dirs): IDEMPIERE-177 Complete Window Customization functionality - peer review and tests
CIA-126: iDempiere: globalqss * 904aaa72944d r7133 / (22 files in 9 dirs): merge IDEMPIERE-215
CIA-126: iDempiere: globalqss * b36fb52f8094 r7134 /migration/360lts-release/ (4 files in 2 dirs): IDEMPIERE-215 - renumber migration script
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:50 pm

IDempiere/FullMeeting20120411

CarlosRuiz: Good morning
tbayen: Daarestiet!
nicolas: Hi !
a42niem: hi
a42niem: a question concerning Tollbar Button Restrict:
a42niem: would this also be cofigurable per tab?
CarlosRuiz: not at this moment
hengsin: hi Carlos
CarlosRuiz: hi Heng Sin
a42niem: i know, that is why i am asking
CarlosRuiz: ah, you mean in future :-)
a42niem: yes, i did not look into the code. is the principle used extendable to tab in window instead of complete window?
CarlosRuiz: sounds like interesting extension of the concept - but not easy with the approach we followed
a42niem: okay
tbayen: For me it makes more sense when configured per tab.
hengsin: carlos, joel.s want to push forward the zk6 schedule. ok 4 u to move the 1.0 release to June to accomodate that ?
CarlosRuiz: yes Heng Sin - june sounds better
tbayen: Before you redo the button restrictions: Some weeks ago we talked about configuring new buttons (or all buttons) for every window or tab. Is anybody working on this?
tbayen: CarlosRuiz pointed me to http://www.adempiere.com/ADempiere_Mult ... tion_Field
CarlosRuiz: I added some columns (for future use) to AD_ToolBar to allow customized buttons
CarlosRuiz: but they are just added there as "for future use" - it needs development
a42niem: is it all the fileds visible when you check "Customization"?
hengsin: ok, will target to merge the zk6 port by end of April.
CarlosRuiz: yep Dirk
Edwin_ang: hi everyone
a42niem: ok
CarlosRuiz: hi Edwin
Edwin_ang: hi carlos
Edwin_ang: what's the topic tonite? :)
CarlosRuiz: open meeting as usual
nicolas: I don't know if it is the right place to ask, but i've added a new column in CreateFromStatement ; this column (read/write) allow user to choose the 'Statement Line Date' (default is payment date)
tbayen: Is anoybody than me interested in configurable toolbar buttons and wants to think together how to do it? I could not find a tracker item for this.
nicolas: it works perfectly in swing but in webUI, when leaving the field, it became 'Tue Sep 20 00:00:00 CEST 2011' (whereas is should looks like 2011/09/20)
nicolas: any idea where to look ?
CarlosRuiz: tbayen, still not JIRA, yes, it's interesting and we can discuss possible implementation these meetings or JIRA ticket
CarlosRuiz: nicolas, do you mean a new parameter on process? or field in a form? which type?
nicolas: a new column in the form
nicolas: Timestamp
nicolas: you can find class here : http://nicolas.micoud.free.fr/trucs/Cre ... ement.java
tbayen: I will think about it for a second(TM) and create a brainstorming page.
CarlosRuiz: and that new column is modifiable by user
nicolas: yes
nicolas: he can choose directly the date of the bank statement line
CarlosRuiz: testing locally .... let me check
CarlosRuiz: I like the concept - but the first column could be reused instead of adding a new one
nicolas: it could be an option, but i'd prefer to have both (original and new one) so user can compare
nicolas: btw i never try to do it with the first column, but i think the problem will be the same
CarlosRuiz: yes - same problem
nicolas: i've search another form with this behaviour and find no one.
nicolas: any idea on how to deal it ?
CarlosRuiz: looking for the implemenation of the MiniTable
nicolas: configureMiniTable (IMiniTable miniTable) ?
CarlosRuiz: seems like the problem is in WListBox.tableValueChange
CarlosRuiz: line 947
CarlosRuiz: it's not formatting the date
nicolas: great ! and you know how to do it ?
nicolas: if you look at WListItemRenderer.onEvent (line 518) ; some type are concerned, but not Timestamp. Is this where there is a lack ?
CarlosRuiz: I'm trying to check where the format is changed
CarlosRuiz: but seems is deeper in listeners
nicolas: ok
CarlosRuiz: nope - didn't work - I guess is better to open a JIRA ticket to research this
nicolas: ok, i'll do this ; thanks
CarlosRuiz: something like -> minitable implementation on zk doesn't manage editable timestamp properly
nicolas: fine
nicolas: ticket 233 created
nicolas: want to talk about hardcoded ID ?
CarlosRuiz: yep
nicolas: i think that we agree on a first step which will be a top level class
nicolas: After, you talked about making it parameterizable, so it means, deal it within a table
nicolas: i suggest to create a new one instead of using AD_SysFongi
nicolas: 'AD_SysConfig'
nicolas: it allow a better view than having just an ID in a string field
nicolas: WDYT ?
CarlosRuiz: ah - seems like I found the fix for 233 :-)
CarlosRuiz: will upload there for your tests
CarlosRuiz: let's start with the HardCodedIDs class
nicolas: You're my hero !!!
CarlosRuiz: I'm not sure about - AD_SysConfig is mostly intended for such things - but maybe it's not good opening so much sysconfigs :-)
CarlosRuiz: maybe it depends on the number of hardcoded IDs we find
nicolas: yes, i think SysConfig is to make user experience configurable ;
nicolas: where as hardcodedID are here for developers
nicolas: the aim is different
CarlosRuiz: no, I think SysConfig is mostly to avoid hardcodes
CarlosRuiz: well - at least that was the initial idea :-D but use was expanded quickly
nicolas: Yes, you're right, but IMHO, the aim of SysConfig is to store things (ID, parameters) for user level ; not for developers
nicolas: for sure :-)
nicolas: maybe a newbie question : where should we store this class ?
CarlosRuiz: I propose - let's start with the HardCodedIDs.java - and depending on the number of IDs there - we make a decision about sysconfig or new table
CarlosRuiz: hmmm - base/src/org.compiere.model maybe??
nicolas: ok, let's do this
nicolas: yep
CarlosRuiz: I uploaded a patch for IDEMPIERE-233 - worked on my local tests - but I'm not sure if it breaks something else
nicolas: got it, thanks, i'll test it
CarlosRuiz: and is a change to a zk core class - so better to have the peer review from Heng Sin, and tests on the rest of UI
CarlosRuiz: yes - definitely a peer review from hengsin is required - WListItemRenderer is widely used
nicolas: o
nicolas: k
nicolas: patch tested and approved (for this form) ; i update ticket
CarlosRuiz: thanks for the meeting - c u later
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:07 am

IDempiere/FullMeeting20120418

<CarlosRuiz> Good morning
<egonzalez_ergio> Good morning
<mzuniga_ergio> Good morning Carlos
<a42niem> hi Carlos
<Nicolas_> Hi
<CarlosRuiz> as usual - open agenda - I have today interesting pull requests to peer review - so I'll be working on parallel on pull requests :-)
<smartjsp> Good morning everyone ....
<smartjsp> question: regarging packotu and packin ... in adempiere we use to have issues when we want to export/import information and traslations ....
<smartjsp> my understading is that something new is coming with idempiere ... but also want to know how you guys tranport yoru reports, menus and so on among yoru dev/test and prod environments ....
<smartjsp> BTW This is Pedro Rozo ..:)
* hengsin (~hengsin@175.136.126.41) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> Hi Pedro, yes, 2pack was completely rewritten by Heng Sin
<CarlosRuiz> I'm not sure if it move translations, but for sure it moves menus, reports, window, tables, etc ..... - practically all dictionary entries
<smartjsp> Good. Could hensing confirn the scope of the new fucntionality, and if that will be available just with idempeire, or if we will have any previous release(extension) for the current adempiere transition ?
<CarlosRuiz> I don't have plans to port it that to transition version - just for idempiere
<smartjsp> Coudl your guys share what is your current confidence of the existent 2pack tool about it.. I mean to transport menus, tables, reports with traslations ? do you really use 2pack for it ? for us ti dodnñt really work much ... but want to now about your previous or current experience.
<CarlosRuiz> I use current 2pack for basic things - to deploy things to a customer - or transport between developers and testers
<CarlosRuiz> and it always requires additional extra work
<Nicolas_> i do not use 2Pack very often ; only when there are lots of thing to recreate ; i'd prefer to create manually to avoid bad surprises
<CarlosRuiz> to update the columns not covered by 2pack
<a42niem> i had always problems with it because obviously it tries to find the correct matching element via the name which is often ambiguous in the geram translation
<a42niem> german
* didiber se ha marchado (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
* kulll_ se ha marchado (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
<CIA-126> iDempiere: globalqss * dad0f9c7e8cf r7147 /org.adempiere.ui.zk/WEB-INF/src/org/adempiere/webui/component/WListItemRenderer.java: IDEMPIERE-233 Minitable implementation on zk doesn't manage editable timestamp properly
<CarlosRuiz> Nicolas_ AYT?
<Nicolas_> Yep
<CarlosRuiz> you just wrote on IDEMPIERE-239 - "Can you please review ?"
<CarlosRuiz> but I don't see attachment or link
<Nicolas_> :-/
<Nicolas_> i have updated it, it is better ?
<CarlosRuiz> no - I don't see changes on the ticket
<Nicolas_> you didnt' receive a notification for a pull request ?
<CarlosRuiz> ah .... checking
<CarlosRuiz> ah fine - it has mixed 236 and 239
<Nicolas_> yep, i've made a mistaeke i think
<CarlosRuiz> no problem - I see you did the change - we can integrate it
<Nicolas_> is it possible to have more than one current request ?
<CarlosRuiz> don't know :-(
<Nicolas_> my first intention was to create one for IDEMPIERE 239, and a second for 236
* claudio_cth (~Claudio@189.5.113.191) ha entrado en #idempiere
* claudio_cth (~Claudio@189.5.113.191) ha abandonado #idempiere
* kulll_ (~kulll@205.185.119.71) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> for 239 I think it is better to create an isActive method in Doc.java
<CarlosRuiz> similar to what getC_BPartner_ID is done
<CarlosRuiz> to avoid SQL errors if the column does not exist, and it avoids a visit to database using the doc in memory
<CarlosRuiz> easier than getC_BPartner_ID :-) PO has already the method isActive
<Nicolas_> so a if (!IsActive) return "Imposible ...." would enough ?
<CarlosRuiz> yes - something like:
<CarlosRuiz> if (! p_po.isActive())
<CarlosRuiz> return "Cannot post inactive document";
<Nicolas_> great !
<CarlosRuiz> can you make that change and add it to the pull request ?
<Nicolas_> i'm testing it :-)
<Nicolas_> will put request in the next minute
<CarlosRuiz> excellent
<CarlosRuiz> about your question changing view or just SQLWhere on tab :-) good question - I think is easier to change the SQL Where
<CarlosRuiz> but it also require changing DPActivities.getUnprocessedCount*(
<Nicolas_> why DPActivities.getUnprocessedCount don't use the same view ?
<CarlosRuiz> the idea is to restrict RV_Unposted and RV_Unprocessed
<CarlosRuiz> to not show/count inactive records
<Nicolas_> ah ok ; if we modify views in the database, we don't have to change DPActivities.getUnprocessedCount ; otherwise, we will have to
<CarlosRuiz> exactly
<buildmaster> Project iDempiere build #169: SUCCESS in 22 min: http://jenkins.idempiere.com/job/iDempiere/169/
<buildmaster> globalqss: IDEMPIERE-233 Minitable implementation on zk doesn't manage editable timestamp properly
<Nicolas_> sent you another pull request (idempiere 239)
<CarlosRuiz> thanks - pulled
<Nicolas_> Thanks !
<CarlosRuiz> about expand menu - it sounds like an easy change - if you are ok I can do it
<Nicolas_> no problem
<CIA-126> iDempiere: nmicoud * 66ce467b8673 r7150 / (3 files in 3 dirs): IDEMPIERE-236 Centralization of hardcoded IDs / using naming convention for constants
<CIA-126> iDempiere: nmicoud * 4cf161dc11e2 r7151 /org.adempiere.base/src/org/compiere/acct/Doc.java: IDEMPIERE-239 - smart way ; using IsActive() instead of SQL
<CIA-126> iDempiere: nmicoud * f6b72b80e1b6 r7149 /org.adempiere.base/src/org/compiere/acct/Doc.java: IDEMPIERE-239
<CIA-126> iDempiere: nmicoud * 8fbcd374f9c2 r7148 / (3 files in 3 dirs): IDEMPIERE-236 Centralization of hardcoded IDs
<hengsin> hi Nicolas
<Nicolas_> hi
<hengsin> hi, is nmicoud, IDEMPIERE-236 = Nicolas_ ?
<Nicolas_> yes
<hengsin> hi, I've some comments for that. 1) Java convention usually use all uppercase with underscore as word separator for public constant
<Nicolas_> Carlos already said that, i've uploaded modifications
<CarlosRuiz> yep - fixed in next commit
* egonzalez_ergio (~egonzalez@190.49.4.245) ha abandonado #idempiere ("Saliendo")
<hengsin> and should use the keyword final too ( for performance ). so for e.g "public static final int REFERENCE_POSTING_TYPE= 125;
* muthah se ha marchado (Quit: Feeling Sleepy!)
<CarlosRuiz> yep - fixed too
<CarlosRuiz> great we're i sync
<hengsin> 2) it is more common practise to use interface intead of class for constant declaration. make it obvious that it is not for extend and any class can use it easyly through implement.
<hengsin> 3) Finally I guess SystemIDs or OfficialIDs probably sounds better and more obvious than the name "HardCodedIDs".
<CarlosRuiz> Heng Sin - about 2) - the plan in future is to review if the constants can be changed by a MSysConfig.get
<CarlosRuiz> ah - it's the same - it can be done with interface also
<CarlosRuiz> agree with both suggestions
<Nicolas_> no problem for me, i'm not a java specialist, so i do what you think is better
* smartjsp se ha marchado (Quit: Page closed)
<Nicolas_> what is the next step ? i make modification in my fork or Carlos do it directly ?
<CarlosRuiz> you can do a merge on your fork - do the change and try another pull request
<CarlosRuiz> sorry - first a pull on your fork - to sync it
<CIA-126> iDempiere: globalqss * e4e1567cd866 r7152 /org.adempiere.base/src/org/compiere/model/MCost.java:
<CIA-126> iDempiere: IDEMPIERE-241 Unnecessary cost records added on product creation
<CIA-126> iDempiere: Code integrated from Compiere community 3.3.0 version
<Nicolas_> ok, what would be the name ? SystemIDs, OfficialsIDs or do we keep HardCodedIDs ?
<CarlosRuiz> SystemIDs sounds good for me
<Nicolas_> ok
<buildmaster> Project iDempiere build #170: SUCCESS in 20 min: http://jenkins.idempiere.com/job/iDempiere/170/
<buildmaster> * nmicoud: IDEMPIERE-239 - smart way ; using IsActive() instead of SQL
<buildmaster> * nmicoud: IDEMPIERE-236 Centralization of hardcoded IDs / using naming convention for constants
<buildmaster> * nmicoud: IDEMPIERE-239
<buildmaster> * nmicoud: IDEMPIERE-236 Centralization of hardcoded IDs
<hengsin> fine for me too
<Nicolas_> At 17:36, it was written "<CIA-126> iDempiere: Code integrated from Compiere community 3.3.0 version" ; what is it ?
<CarlosRuiz> change to MCost class to avoid generating unnecessary cost records
<Nicolas_> ok
<Nicolas_> i have to go, i will made modification to SystemIDs tomorrow
<Nicolas_> Bye
<CarlosRuiz> thanks Nicolas
* Nicolas_ se ha marchado (Quit: Page closed)
<CIA-126> iDempiere: globalqss * 872128e25709 r7153 / (7 files in 5 dirs):
<CIA-126> iDempiere: IDEMPIERE-195 Expand menu automatically / make user preference override the role configuration
<CIA-126> iDempiere: http://jira.idempiere.com/browse/IDEMPIERE-195
<CarlosRuiz> thanks for the meeting - I'm going out now
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 am

IDempiere/FullMeeting20120425

<a42niem> good afternoon :)
<CarlosRuiz> hehehe - I would better start greeting with "good day"
<CarlosRuiz> I installed bonfire on jira.idempiere.com
<CarlosRuiz> seems interesting to report issues and decorate attached screenshots
<CarlosRuiz> you can get the plugin for your browser at http://jira.idempiere.com/secure/GetBonfire.jspa
* mindbender1 (~chijioke@41.203.64.132) ha entrado en #idempiere
<a42niem> Unfortunately we do not currently support your browser :(
* Edwin_Ang (6f5e5e54@gateway/web/freenode/ip.111.94.94.84) ha entrado en #idempiere
* Nicolas_ se ha marchado (Quit: Page closed)
<CarlosRuiz> which browser Dirk? safari?
<Edwin_Ang> hi everyone
* Nicolas_ (4eeb6cb1@gateway/web/freenode/ip.78.235.108.177) ha entrado en #idempiere
<a42niem> galeon
<CarlosRuiz> ah, according to atlassian it supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
<CarlosRuiz> Hi Edwin_Ang
<a42niem> galeon uses the mozilla engine but seems different enough
<Edwin_Ang> what is the current topic?
* kulll (~kulll@210.195.77.179) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> open agenda
<a42niem> iceweasel works
* mindbender1 se ha marchado (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
* tthiessen (~Thomas@dslb-084-062-067-122.pools.arcor-ip.net) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> Nicolas_, about IDEMPIERE-63 I think your comment is correct - C_DocTypeTarget_ID in those two documents
<Nicolas_> so, we put it in main version ?
<CarlosRuiz> as I understand the case is just for already complete docs
<Nicolas_> yes
<Nicolas_> you complete a doc, then you reactivate it, and complete it again
<CarlosRuiz> hmmm - maybe we don't need that flag
<CarlosRuiz> I don't see a valid case to allow changing doctype when "Overwrite Sequence on Complete" is enabled and the document was previously completed
<a42niem> a customer just had that problem when he started with a wrong doctype which had not been noticed
<Nicolas_> Legally, it apply only for customer invoices, which don't allow holes in sequence
<Nicolas_> but for other document (such as journals) it could be useful to not have hole
<a42niem> trying to correct it she did not get the correct number because a new number for the order was prevented
<CarlosRuiz> yep - but invoices cannot be reactivated - so we don't have that problem on invoices - just orders and gl journals
<CarlosRuiz> precisely Dirk found problems with the reactivate - and now Nicolas_ found more problems when reactivated and changing doctype
<CarlosRuiz> I think we better can consider it as a bug and just fix it -> avoid change of doctype if the ProcessedOn is already filled
<a42niem> seconded
<a42niem> i proposed to her to create a copy and void the wrong one in that case and she was happy with that
<Nicolas_> it should work ; but if i remember well, if you create a new invoice, save it, then change doctype (with a different sequence like credit memo), save it, and then select the first doctype, you will have an hole (Invoice 1, CreditMemo 1, Invoice 2) ; Invoice 1 is lost
* elkinrios (ba1e2b37@gateway/web/freenode/ip.186.30.43.55) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> yes - that happens if you don't use the "Overwrite Sequence on Complete" feature
<CarlosRuiz> and also you can delete the invoice
<CarlosRuiz> that's the purpose of the feature to avoid those holes
<Nicolas_> you're right, this problem was found when using Compiere
<CarlosRuiz> this is how we implemented the fix with Dirk https://bitbucket.org/CarlosRuiz_global ... 2d67b3ccb9
<CarlosRuiz> but we forgot the other docs that can be reopened (GL Journal, Payroll)
<Nicolas_> the fix that was applied on orders could be applied on every document ; now, reactivations are not implemanted, but maybe they will be available in the future ??
<CarlosRuiz> agree Nicolas_
<CarlosRuiz> all setDefiniteDocumentNo methods can be patched the same way
<CarlosRuiz> Edwin_Ang, about IDEMPIERE-247 - what is your idea? remove tables? classes? go back to old BOM structures?
<Edwin_Ang> i am planning to study the manufacturing light solution first
<Nicolas_> so, if the DocType is 'isOverwriteSeqOnComplete', then each time you're completing a document, we will check if it has already been processed (ProcessedOn column) ; if yes, no modiification, if no, we call 'getDocumentNo(getC_DocType_ID(), get_TrxName(), true, this);' ?
<Edwin_Ang> study the database structure
<Edwin_Ang> see if they use the same tables as libero
<Edwin_Ang> but i don't see any migration scripts in their contribution_adaxa project in sourceforge
* mindbender1 (~chijioke@41.203.64.132) ha entrado en #idempiere
<Edwin_Ang> i see some xml file commits in migration folder but can't find anything in that
<Edwin_Ang> any idea?
<CarlosRuiz> no Nicolas_ - I think better we put the validation on beforeSave of the docs and avoid saving if the doctype changed and processedon is not null and isOverwriteSeqOnComplete=Y
<Nicolas_> yes, agree
<CarlosRuiz> Edwin_Ang, I think the xml is about ad_migration tool
<CarlosRuiz> I asked Paul and he told me we could create the migration scripts if we enable the log migration script flag and apply the xml with ad_migration tool
<Edwin_Ang> ah.. ic
<Edwin_Ang> but i checked their commit destination and find nothing there
<Edwin_Ang> i don't know if there's a feature for hidden files in mercurial :D
<CarlosRuiz> let me check in sf
* didiber (~quassel@188-23-56-216.adsl.highway.telekom.at) ha entrado en #idempiere
* kulll se ha marchado (Remote host closed the connection)
<CarlosRuiz> Edwin_Ang, this is the initial code http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgw ... 35328548b6
<Edwin_Ang> they are all java classes
<Edwin_Ang> i can reverse engineer from X classes
<CarlosRuiz> and these are the migration scripts -> http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgw ... cc541a1669
<Edwin_Ang> but should i do it that way?
<CarlosRuiz> but that migration script were patched later
<Edwin_Ang> ow ok
<CarlosRuiz> patched -> http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgw ... 85ebbed608
<CarlosRuiz> and here they moved to use xml files instead of scripts -> http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgw ... 69a2308ec6
<CarlosRuiz> last two -> http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgw ... 76468aa116
<CarlosRuiz> http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgw ... 36451d7438
<CarlosRuiz> now - what I understand is that adaxa moved back to old BOM structures
<CarlosRuiz> in old structure one product can have just one BOM
<CarlosRuiz> Steven told me would be worthy to add multiple BOMs (compiere 330 also did that)
<CarlosRuiz> in compiere330 you can have multiple BOMs and you mark one to be the master and that is what you use for pricing
<Edwin_Ang> somehow i am confused with the project
<Edwin_Ang> i can see each changeset in my workbench
<Edwin_Ang> but how the files are not there?
<CarlosRuiz> you're probably sit in the wrong branch
<CarlosRuiz> hg update adaxa
<Edwin_Ang> ahh... i am very dumb!
<Edwin_Ang> just realize it
<Edwin_Ang> :D
<Edwin_Ang> so so dumb
<Edwin_Ang> ok.. got it
<Edwin_Ang> so the plan is just bring in manufacturing light
<Edwin_Ang> and then remove libero
<Edwin_Ang> r u ok with dat?
<Edwin_Ang> i am planning to remove everything
<CarlosRuiz> yes - we're ok with that
<Edwin_Ang> all application dictionary entries, database tables, and the codes
<CarlosRuiz> our idea is that libero mfg must be moved to be an OSGi extension if somebody wants to reallly stabilize it and maintain it
<Edwin_Ang> yes.. that is also what i'm thinking of
<CarlosRuiz> in the meantime - it is ok to remove it
<Edwin_Ang> ok.. one question about forking
<CarlosRuiz> now - same problem as before - we need to be careful and provide proper migration script for the BOM structures
<Edwin_Ang> previously, i forked your globalqss361 for fixed assets development
<CarlosRuiz> I mean - if somebody has BOMs in 360/361 - that must be preserved
<Edwin_Ang> later i use the same fork for bug fixing
<Edwin_Ang> can i use that same fork for this work?
<CarlosRuiz> good question
<a42niem> my experience is to use a clone of the fork for my work
<a42niem> then i can commit parts to the fork
<a42niem> and create a pull request
<CarlosRuiz> my work of receiving contributions on transition and migrating them to iDempiere is becoming very complicated :-(
<a42niem> why that?
<CarlosRuiz> because parts of the code are diverging - so it's becoming too manual work for some classes
<CarlosRuiz> I like the transition version as it keep the project moving and you can keep contributing to transition and I make those contributions end into iDempiere
<CarlosRuiz> but I think very soon the extra work will become too heavy - and we need to start doing work directly on iDempiere - just announcing for you to start preparing that :-)
<a42niem> you mean idempiere is diverging?
<CarlosRuiz> mostly the business classes are the same
<CarlosRuiz> but for example zk webui is different - and it will become more different when Heng Sin integrate zk6 work very soon
<a42niem> hm, can we probably backport stuff to 361?
<CarlosRuiz> anyways - I'm not too concerned as we're close to start a feature freeze on transition and idempiere
* mindbender1 (~chijioke@41.203.64.132) ha abandonado #idempiere
* mindbender1 (~chijioke@41.203.64.132) ha entrado en #idempiere
<Edwin_Ang> sorry, but i haven't understand you yet :p
<Edwin_Ang> is that fork of mine still usable or i should create a new one?
<CarlosRuiz> Edwin_Ang, still usable - you just need to do "hg pull -u" to update it and work there
<Edwin_Ang> hmm.. so i need to update my fork first rite?
<CarlosRuiz> yes - it's easier to create a pull request if you updated your fork
<Edwin_Ang> ok then
<Nicolas_> Carlos, do you have solution for my questions with idempiere-236 (centralized ID)
<CarlosRuiz> Nicolas - I think I prefer on SystemIDs
<CarlosRuiz> public final static int REFERENCE_DATATYPE_ACCOUNT = 25;
<CarlosRuiz> and on DisplayType
<CarlosRuiz> public static final int Account = REFERENCE_DATATYPE_ACCOUNT;
<Nicolas_> ok, all id are centralized in SystemID and DisplayType will call it
<Nicolas_> And for DocAction ?
* mindbender1 se ha marchado (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
<CarlosRuiz> yes - we don't have a choice with DocAction :-)
<Nicolas_> ok, just wanted to know if there was a tip ; i'll update classes and upload them
<CarlosRuiz> I see an interface can extend another - but not implement it
<CarlosRuiz> but I think is clearer just to keep it as you did
<Nicolas_> ok, fine
<Nicolas_> i got another issue this week with auto generated Element (i've created idempiere-109 ticket some week ago) ; any idea on how we can deal it ?
* mindbender1 (~chijioke@41.203.64.132) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> Nicolas_, another approach could be to change SynchronizeTerminology and avoid generating elements for that
<Nicolas_> that would the easier, but i'm wondering if this behaviour could have benefits ?
<Nicolas_> maybe generating element automatically could bu useful ?
<CarlosRuiz> I have had problems in past with auto-generated elements conflicting with official elements on new migration scripts
<CarlosRuiz> another thing that is not consistent is that filling ad_element must fill name and description same as in column and field
<Nicolas_> so, the easier the better, we should delete that part of SynchronizeTerminology !
<Edwin_Ang> just checked jira and came across IDEMPIERE-170
<Edwin_Ang> carlos, what do you think about my comment on cash payment?
<CarlosRuiz> ... reading ... sorry I missed it before
<Edwin_Ang> after some deep thinking, internally we choose to use payment, allocation, and bank statement for cash payment
<Edwin_Ang> and ignore cash journal completely
<Edwin_Ang> i know there's a long debate about this
<Edwin_Ang> but what do you think about cash journals?
<Edwin_Ang> :)
<CarlosRuiz> I already deprecated it in all my installations - and I asked several big implementors and none of them is using cash journals
<CarlosRuiz> cash journals have several problems - but the most annoying is that BP balances are not updated until the cash is closed
* elkinrios se ha marchado (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
<CarlosRuiz> so, your comment on IDEMPIERE-170 is deprecated also?
<Edwin_Ang> i also hate the fact that each cash transaction is recorded as cash line
<Edwin_Ang> i go with the deprecate option
<Edwin_Ang> but i think we must develop AP to cover the business case that i've explained in my comment
<CarlosRuiz> like a multiBP AP Invoice ?
<Edwin_Ang> yes
<Edwin_Ang> i think that is a very common requirement in retail
<CarlosRuiz> I would propose to open a new ticket "MultiBP Invoice" and analyze it there
<CarlosRuiz> that could be probably useful also if you do just one single payment for your whole payroll
<Edwin_Ang> yep
<Edwin_Ang> btw.. is payroll a working module?
<Edwin_Ang> have never tested it yet
<CarlosRuiz> well - it's very basic - an engine applying rules
<CarlosRuiz> properly configured it do what is expected
<CarlosRuiz> initial configuration is the problematic part - and, as we don't have demo data, most people need to study and figure out how to make it work
<Edwin_Ang> ahh.. if no bug fixing is required then i might give it a look
* PauloDantas_ (~PauloDant@187.18.145.155) ha entrado en #idempiere
<Edwin_Ang> thx!
<Edwin_Ang> btw.. i got to go now
<Edwin_Ang> it's already midnite in jkt
<CarlosRuiz> bug fixing was mostly done in Ecuador and Venezuela on our transition version
<CarlosRuiz> bye Edwin_Ang - thanks for attending
<Edwin_Ang> bye Carlos
* Edwin_Ang (6f5e5e54@gateway/web/freenode/ip.111.94.94.84) ha abandonado #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> I'm going out too - thanks for the meeting everybody - c u later
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm

IDempiere/FullMeeting20120502

<Nicolas__> Hello !
<CarlosRuiz> Good day!
<tbayen_> Hi all!
<mzuniga_ergio> Good day everybody :-)
* hengsin (~hengsin@175.142.172.130) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> I'm reviewing open issues -> http://jira.idempiere.com/secure/IssueN ... stId=10100
<CarlosRuiz> please let me know if you want any specific to review
* PauloDantas_ (~PauloDant@187.18.145.155) ha entrado en #idempiere
<Nicolas__> i'd be interested in 245 (Strange behaviour for mandatory Date field which get the first focus ) ; i used a workaround but i think this bug has to be removed
<CarlosRuiz> ok
<Nicolas__> thanks
* tthiessen (~Thomas@dslb-084-062-067-122.pools.arcor-ip.net) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> Nicolas__, what do you mean with "click on Report Date and click on 'tab' ; calendar show ; select a date (double click)" - I can't reproduce the problem
<Nicolas__> 'tab' means tabulation on keyboard
<Nicolas__> just over caps lock
<Nicolas__> don't know how it is in English
<CarlosRuiz> yep - that's correct name
<CarlosRuiz> I can't reproduce it - nothing strange happening
<CarlosRuiz> the date is filled with the default and I can change it
<CarlosRuiz> ah - wait - default logic
<CarlosRuiz> I didn't do that part
<Nicolas__> maybe it could be related
<CarlosRuiz> just on swing - zk is fine
<Nicolas__> yes
<CarlosRuiz> and the calendar is opened automatically - no need to navigate
<Nicolas__> yes
<Nicolas__> VDate line 514
<Nicolas__> because date is mandatory
<Nicolas__> and wondering if it is a good thing that calendar opens automatically....
<Nicolas__> For instance, i'd prefer to write dates using keyboard.
<CarlosRuiz> seems it was introduced here http://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/vi ... threv=1579
* tthiessen se ha marchado (Quit: Verlassend)
<Nicolas__> so, don't run in debug mode, but ts would be null ??
<Nicolas__> that's why m_oldText value is selected (and is null)
<CarlosRuiz> ok - Nicolas__ the issue is according to that code you cannot navigate out of a mandatory date field leaving it empty
<CarlosRuiz> in zkwebui you can do that
<Nicolas__> ok
<CarlosRuiz> I tested dropping that part and it works
<CarlosRuiz> I mean - focusLost just do this at the end:
<CarlosRuiz> Object value = getValue();
<CarlosRuiz> setValue(value);
<CarlosRuiz> what do you think about that solution? it put swing in sync with zk - not auto-opening calendar
<Nicolas__> i like it
<Nicolas__> +1 for me :-)
<CarlosRuiz> it reopens this bug -> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=879332
<Nicolas__> so the best solution would be to set a correct value (the one which is selected by calendar)
<CarlosRuiz> testing ...
* collazosc (~collazosc@190.186.140.226) ha entrado en #idempiere
<CarlosRuiz> Nicolas__, that leads me to a different error on GridController :-)
<Nicolas__> great !
<Nicolas__> what kind of error ?
<CarlosRuiz> the error described on sourceforge - when you copy a non-date string on a date field
<CarlosRuiz> but such error is on GridController - not in VDate
<CarlosRuiz> ready Nicolas__ , posted comment and patch on ticket
<Nicolas__> ok, seen ; i will do some test and give feedback
<Nicolas__> thanks
* collazosc se ha marchado (Quit: Leaving)
<Nicolas__> i have to go, bye bye
<CarlosRuiz> thanks Nicolas__, bye
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 pm

idempiere FullMeeting20120509

CarlosRuiz: Hi all
a42niem: hi
mzuniga_ergio: Hi Carlos
Nicolas_: bonjour
CarlosRuiz: I have a meeting out there - so I can join here just 10 minutes
CarlosRuiz: I'll be reading the meeting minutes in red1 forums - and please let me know if there is some special jira ticket this week that you want me to peer review as usual
Nicolas_: Carlos, i would be interested in jira 132 (Avoid duplicate in print format) and 255 (Items in sort tabs are not translated) ; i think they can greatly improve reports
CarlosRuiz: ah yes - I think the 132 has a patch from Adaxa Australia
tbayen: Hi! :-)
CarlosRuiz: Hi Thomas
CarlosRuiz: Nicolas_, the 255 seems more tricky
CarlosRuiz: are the items translated and the sort tab shows them untranslated?
Nicolas_: yes
CarlosRuiz: I have seen problems when generating reports that they are always generated in english and you need to translate by hand
Nicolas_: i also see that behaviour ; don't know where it came from
Nicolas_: i have a look in VSortTab and it seems that translation where planned
CarlosRuiz: ok, good if you can provide any clue where to look in case you already researched
CarlosRuiz: I assigned those two to myself to remember - I'm going out now - c u later guys
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby mzuniga » Fri May 18, 2012 7:41 pm

IDempiere FullMeeting20120516

red1_: Hola all.. Ola from Brazil here
CarlosRuiz: Bom dia
CarlosRuiz: Bom dia red1
CarlosRuiz: Hello all
Nicolas_: bonjour
red1: Ok i connected via Ricarod's 3G :D
red1: ralexsander is ricardo santana of LBR Brazil
CarlosRuiz: Bemvindo Ricardo
red1: Hilario Fochi the translator and owner of KENOS is here using my same chat window
ralexsander: Gracias! Carlos
CarlosRuiz: We usually use meeting time to review jira tickets - or discuss technical/functional ideas - generally there is no agenda
a42niem: hi
CarlosRuiz: Hi Dirk
a42niem: hi Carlos
red1: Ola Dirk Nmyr a42niem
a42niem: hello Redhuan red1
CarlosRuiz: Nicolas_, about IDEMPIERE-255
Nicolas_: yes
CarlosRuiz: Heng Sin is on vacations - and I would like to consult with him about the proposed solution
CarlosRuiz: so, I expect to review it with him before next meeting and answer the jira ticket accordingly
Nicolas_: ok
Nicolas_: fine
Nicolas_: BTW would you be interested in an Import Reference process ? i use it once and no longer needed it ; so i was about to delete it, unless if it could be used here ?
CarlosRuiz: what does it import?
Nicolas_: AD_Reference and AD_Ref_List tables
Nicolas_: from a csv file
Nicolas_: handy with huge lists
CarlosRuiz: well - you already wrote it - so is worthy to be put in a jira ticket as a raw contribution
CarlosRuiz: personally I would prefer 2pack - but others can think different
Nicolas_: ok, i'll do this
CarlosRuiz: any specific ticket you want to bring my attention?
Nicolas_: not a ticket yet, but if you could have a look at viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1597 ?
CarlosRuiz: do you mean if the user close the window using the little "x" on window
Nicolas_: no, when user click on 'ok' button
CarlosRuiz: ah - you mean saving the C_BPartnerLocation record
Nicolas_: yep
Nicolas_: it's working fine in single view mode, but when in list mode, it crashes, because m_GridTab is null ; i've try to use m_GridField in this case but it was not working
CarlosRuiz: // Auto Save BP_Location
CarlosRuiz: if (m_GridField.getGridTab().getRecord_ID()<=0)
CarlosRuiz: m_GridField.getGridTab().dataSave(true);
CarlosRuiz: but there is throwing "mandatory field" now
Nicolas_: yes, in single view mode, C_BP_Location.Name seems to be filled automatically whereas in list mode it remains empty
CarlosRuiz: no, the address is not understood as filled
Nicolas_: if you test it in debug mode, you can see that m_GridTab is null for list mode ; do you know why ?
CarlosRuiz: you can use m_GridField.getGridTab()
Nicolas_: i've try but it was not working
CarlosRuiz: ok, Nicolas_, this seems to work
CarlosRuiz: // Auto Save BP_Location
CarlosRuiz: if (m_GridField.getGridTab().getRecord_ID()<=0) {
CarlosRuiz: m_GridField.getGridTab().setValue(m_GridField, ii);
CarlosRuiz: m_GridField.getGridTab().dataSave(true);
CarlosRuiz: }
Nicolas_: i'm trying
Nicolas_: it's ok ; but in list mode, Adress field is still highlighted in red
CarlosRuiz: yes - strange, is saved but still red, if you navigate out of the field is blue
Nicolas_: yes
Nicolas_: it's strange and it is just an appearance bug ; and 99% of people will use single view mode, so i think it will be ok ; thanks for the tip
Nicolas_: There is also ticket 262 (you can create a record from a included tab whereas parent record is not set) ; i've created a pull request ; can you review it please ?
CarlosRuiz: sure - I'm looking IDEMPIERE-256 and then will check your pull request
Nicolas_: ok thanks
Nicolas_: i got to go, see you later ! bye
CarlosRuiz: thanks Nicolas_, bye
CIA-126: iDempiere: globalqss * 3c962af2fa93 r7279 /org.adempiere.ui.zk/WEB-INF/src/org/adempiere/webui/window/FindWindow.java: IDEMPIERE-256 ZK6 issue in Advance Search
buildmaster: Project iDempiere build #190: SUCCESS in 20 min: http://jenkins.idempiere.com/job/iDempiere/190/
buildmaster: globalqss: IDEMPIERE-256 ZK6 issue in Advance Search
CarlosRuiz: c u later guys
Marcos Zúñiga
mzuniga
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby globalqss » Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 pm

globalqss
Senior
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:15 am
Location: Bogotá, Colombia

Re: iDEMPIERE IRC Chat every Wednesday

Postby red1 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:58 am

From now on, please refer to http://www.globalqss.com/wiki/index.php ... ng_Minutes
Which is conducted by Carlos Ruiz faithfully every week and posted by him at his wiki.

Our unreserved thanks to Carlos Ruiz and his unwavering commitment to this best open and free ERP project.
red1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Return to Quality Assurance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests