Which Way To Go For Adempiere Manufacturing?

Libero Demystification. There is also the need to bring Manufacturing into mainstream ERP. Bring in via OSGI plugin or patches? How to ensure it is stable and backward compatible?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

Which Way To Go For Adempiere Manufacturing?

Postby edwinang » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to work on manufacturing modules. I met many buggy codes on Libero on my previous study around 1-2 years ago (can remember the exact time). As far as I know, not much development has been committed to Libero. Earlier this year, red1 announced that there was another development branch for manufacturing. But until now, I haven't seen any development on that branch too.

So, If I am planning to work on Manufacturing in idempiere. Which one should i be working on?

Thanks and regards,
Edwin Ang
edwinang

Re: Which Way To Go For Adempiere Manufacturing?

Postby red1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:11 pm

So far, Andre Legendre in Paris whom i am in contact with when i was there is working on his CompiereMfgScm to be ported to iDempiere or CarlosRuiz repo and it will not use Libero Mfg framework but will look at Adaxa's Lite Manufacturing.
red1
Site Admin

Postby hengsin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 am

Hi Edwin,

Our current plan is to integrate Adaxa's Lite Manufacturing module into iDempiere.

Regards,
Low
hengsin

Postby alegendre » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi hengsin

CompiereMfgScm is shoop floor management and supply chain management.

CompiereMfgScm would take advantage on lite manufacturing for BOM management.

Andre
alegendre

Postby edwinang » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:19 am

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the comments.

@Hengsin: I've studied Adaxa's Manufacturing Light slide. I do believe it is better to have Manufacturing Light as core manufacturing module for Adempiere. It is a perfect replacement for the current Production window. Can be useful to much more companies that is not ready for MRP 2. And i think if there's any further development for MRP2 should be able to extend the existing structure of Manufacturing Light, right? I've seen the table comparison between Manufacturing Light and MRP2, so I suppose the Adaxa team should have considered further development.

@Andre: I've read your documentation too. Looks very complete and very Toyota Way :) Any release date scheduled for this?

However I am afraid that we might have three version of manufacturing solution in iDempiere right now:
a. The existing Adempiere Manufacturing (aka Libero)
Libero has been around for years as beta module. Never seen real development on it for three years now. Should we drop them, along with other incomplete modules, from iDempiere? I believe we should only include production-ready module in iDempiere. Incomplete modules are giving bad impressions to the whole project. And i also believe that any MRP 2 solution should be maintained as a package cos it is not a solution for everyone.

b. Adaxa Manufacturing Light
I've cloned adaxa's contribution project on sourceforge. But the migration scripts are not provided so I can study further. Any idea where I can find the migration scripts?

c. Andre's CompiereMfgScm
@Andre: Can both Manufacturing Light and CompiereMfgScm complement each other? It will be a great enhancement module if it does.

If anyone might point the way, my team can help in integrating Manufacturing Light. We are very eager to see some working manufacturing solution in iDempiere very soon.

Regards,
Edwin Ang
edwinang

Postby hengsin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Edwin,

It will be great if your team can help push forward the integration of Manufacturing light to iDempiere. For Libero Mfg, our current plan is to drop it.

Regards,
Low
hengsin

Postby edwinang » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Hengsin,

We would be happy to help. But we need the complete contribution from Adaxa (code and migration scripts). Any idea where I can find them?

Regards,

Edwin Ang
edwinang

Postby edwinang » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

I've created two JIRA tickets for this effort:
(1) IDEMPIERE-246 for Integrating Manufacturing Light, and
(2) IDEMPIERE-247 for Removing Existing Manufacturing Module

Regards,

Edwin Ang
edwinang

Postby vinhpt » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi
I think the better is that please post the test case and bugs. So the developer can fix its. I am a developer but don't know how to check and test the Libero Mfg module.
vinhpt

Return to Manufacturing