[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - What Does Not Work In Manufacturing?

What Does Not Work In Manufacturing?

Libero Demystification. There is also the need to bring Manufacturing into mainstream ERP. Bring in via OSGI plugin or patches? How to ensure it is stable and backward compatible?
Forum rules
This forum is personally pruned to avoid redundant posts. Related topics are moved to the same sub-forum. Language will be corrected for readability.

What Does Not Work In Manufacturing?

Postby red1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:35 am

Quite a number been easily discovered so far just from a simple run thru manual trial that i am afraid the Libero Manufacturing is far from contributed (I say contributed because it is claimed to be working in Production mode by Victor Perez and thus that is either not applicable or if that is applicable, then that production code is not what is contributed)
1. For a start during Cost Collector window, there is a Cost Collector Type that is a List lookup reference which is made Read-Only in its window setting, thus it cannot pull down its list.
2. Next, when you select Activity Control, Manufacturing Order Activity is not included in the display as the necessary related field.
3. In the code, Activity Control calls PP_Order_Node field which is not displayed in the window for input.

Testing continues...
red1
Site Admin

Re: What Does Not Work In Manufacturing?

Postby zulqarnainhabib » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello Red1

Is Manufacturing module included in GlobalQss-361 version correct or it also contains the above mentioned problems? We haven't implemented Manufacturing yet but are very interested to do it soon.

Regards,

Habib
zulqarnainhabib

Postby red1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Zul,
I am now testing Libero Mfg. The subject matter logic is pretty good. Just that from what i understand through other gurus in our project, the code has to be refactored to be more maintainable. It will be quite a while to get it working on OSGI, but that would be the direction. Therefore we need alot of help in testing, documenting and refactoring. We welcome any help we can get.
red1
Site Admin

Postby globalqss » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Habib, we haven't done major review of manufacturing module - so, the errors you find in trunk will be in 361 too.

I don't think we'll maintain heavy manufacturing module (MRP/CRP/etc) as it seems half cooked - most of messages you read are from people struggling to make it work, maybe because of lack of documentation, lack of sample data, and maybe because of bugs unfixed here (but perhaps fixed elsewhere).

I'm close to take a decision about reusing the mfg structures (or use old ones, or create new) to implement a manufacturing TOC (Theory of Constraints) extension. I cannot give date for this.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby zulqarnainhabib » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for the reply Carlos

So what do you advise what to do if I have an immediate need of manufacturing module?

Habib
zulqarnainhabib

Postby red1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:05 pm

I am in progressively doing . Those i tested seems working. You may consider them. However such testing i will use it more during discussion with Carlos on what to use or adapt to, because i think it has the correct logic, but like Carlos often explained we need to double-check its coding approach, where changes should not happen specifically in core via patches or overloading classes, but re-engineer them to accept abstract extensions such as what is present via callout and ModelValidators.

In Carlos Ruiz's approach, such as we can see in his LCO WithHolding Tax extension, what i gathered from Kittiu in Thailand that has successfully studied it and incorporated Partial WH Tax along the same manner, where hardly in fact no overloading of code via patches done which can impact or conflict with other calls of the same code. LCO is mostly ModelValidator with added AD changes. They are backward compatible and non-impact to other addons which follows the same best practice.

This shall be our approch when we re-implement Manufacturing onto ADempiere. Of course there is now new ideas such as put forth by Carlos above. Definitely its better to be more up to date. Do stick with this forum, as we will certainly try to do things the better way to ensure low cost of maintenance and safety of any ERP potential.
red1
Site Admin

Postby globalqss » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:28 am

Hi Habib,

If you're in an urgent need of a manufacturing module (are you?) I would recommend this approach:

- take a look to the needs of the company - sometimes manufacturing needs can be attended in a way that we use to call light manufacturing, not involving the MRP/CRP heavy methodology

- take a look to TOC - Theory of Constraints is a methodology replacing very successfully the old approach of MRP/CRP. Libero MFG doesn't support TOC.

- if you decide that you want to use libero MFG I would recommend you to be prepared for lots of testings, trials, errors and "do it yourself" solutions as the community support is really poor. When, after two years of "stabilization", you find those three "naive" errors that Redhuan is reporting in the first post of this thread - you understand that the version contributed here CANNOT be the same as the version publicized as being in production.
Or the version is different (and I guess that's intentional and happening in many open source projects) - or the module is not in really in production anywhere.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Return to Manufacturing