Web sites Of Adempiere

Create your own tidbits here. Drinks on the house. Ash-trays provided.

Web sites Of Adempiere

Postby globalqss » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:10 am

I'm opening this topic in order to define, discuss, contribute, etc, on the websites adempiere.org and adempiere.com.
globalqss
Senior

Small Correction

Postby globalqss » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:11 am

Hi, I just corrected a misspelling on the title "Bettement" -> "Betterment".

Please take note of this if you want to upgrade the site.
globalqss
Senior

Spanish translation

Postby globalqss » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am

What do you think? If you want I can make a spanish translation of adempiere.org, but maybe it's better to wait a little while we define content of the site.

?
globalqss
Senior

Postby red1 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:19 am

i think rite away!

this is exactly the whole idea of OS.

I been rereading Eric Raymonds' CatB again until somehow the site went offline when i was at page 3.

I remember some words "Linus was promiscously open, invites everyone onboard, accept every contribution ... and miracolusly (survived a well and challenging OS)"

I am moving this thread and any other thread that contains no issue of security and passwords to the Open Forum.

U may even do the spanish one in www.compiere.com, if u want space, u can park the domain at mine. But space is cheap and its gud to spread out.
red1
Site Admin

Postby mdsahni » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:52 am

Some of the tabs for the website could be :

Home
Adempiere [Product Functionality, Technology, etc]
Discussion [could be linked or integarted to red1.org]
Blogs [a must section, though contributors can write in forums as well, but i guess seperate section will be good]
Wiki [linked to wikipedia]
Support [Can think of Paid Support model, whereby a small part of all fees will go to the project]
AdempiereForge [Red maybe we should buy this domain as well]
AdempiereExchange [if want some more commercial stuff]

I want us to have atleast soem commercial aspect in this project otherwise at some point of time, survival could be an issue.

Actually we can use Mambo/Joomla or some similar OS tools to create this whole website including the forums, wiki, etc. and all can behosted on Red1 inexpensive server. I can help in setting up the initail website, once we finalize the sitemap and basic content, then expanding it should not be an issue.

Regards,
Deep
mdsahni

Postby red1 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:58 am

MDSAHNI,
Pls go ahead, u can host it at your place for demo purpose first before moving to permanency.

Thanks a lot.

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby mdsahni » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:04 am

Sure, can start soon!!

But I guess lets wait for some more inputs from others on the sitemap and content, so that I don't have to do lots of rework :)

Once we have even principled agreement, I'll get going!!

regards,
Deep
mdsahni

Postby red1 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:07 am

Yes, but remember the Linux maxim: "Publish early, Update Often". I didnt sleep the whole nite yesterday till high noon today and slept for 5 hours due to the excitement and constant replies needed to get things moving faster.

There is no waiting in our vocabulary. Perhaps there is the word REST.

p/s as reward, u shall get mdsahni@adempiere.org . We wish to make the name and symbol as a medal of honour (and respect). :D
red1
Site Admin

Postby mdsahni » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:11 am

Oh Great I loved it, but can you make it deep@adempiere.org, as I prefered that and can forward my mails to deep@softsolvers.com.my

No worries, I'll start working on it after my lil REST :)
mdsahni

Postby red1 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:12 am

btw this doesnt mean that others wait for others too. Many are coming forward to contribute in spontaneus manner, thus we just accept and organicly organise.

I think its now more of tolerating each other's speed rather than the other way round.

I myself realise that i have to know more than anyone and everyone here. Otherwise it will be a disgrace to scratch my head too much. I have to download alot of pieces by the community and at least make sense of which is which.

I have done that for ComXE and now have to read up more of JazzERP.
red1
Site Admin

Postby mdsahni » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:23 am

Before going for my lil REST, here is food for thought for some of you who have still dayligt around:

Home
Adempiere
- Functionality
- Technology
- Architecture
Discussion
Blogs
Wiki
Support
- Documentation
- Tutorials /Trainings
Downloads
AdempiereForge
AdempiereExchange
About Adempiere
- History (What, Why)
- Mission
- Council

Please give your inputs on the initial sitemap.

regards,
Deep
mdsahni

Postby rvergara » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:10 am

Of course all of us understand that Adempiere is about the Enterprise. Those of us that have been in the field preaching to companies to jump onto this band wagon know that the largest single hurdle is to prove that other companies both locally and internationally successfully implemented the solution and use it in a daily basis in order to support their business processes.

May I suggest to add one tab as follows:

Study Cases
- By Industry
- By Geography

Community may add these cases as specific named cases or alternatively, as anonymous cases if required by customer.

Regards

Ramiro
rvergara

Wiki spanish translation

Postby moyses » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:22 pm

Hi all!

I apologize if this is not the correct place for it, I just didn't know where to put it. This is the Wiki spanish translation for Adempiere.

Maybe some one can put it in the right place.

Adempiere

Adempiere (http://www.adempiere.org) es un proyecto guiado por la comunidad la cual desarrolla y soporta una solución de código abierto para negocios del mismo nombre, la cual ofrece la funcionalidad de Administración de Planeación de Recursos, Administración de la Relación con los Clientes y Administración de la Cadena de Suministro (derivado de sus siglas en inglés: ERP, CRM, SCM respectivamente).

El proyecto Adempiere fue creado en Septiembre de 2006 después de las difererencias que se tuvieron entre ComPiere Inc., los desarrolladores de Compiere™, y la comunidad que se formó en derredor del proyecto. La comunidad consideró que Compiere Inc. Puso especial énfasis en la naturaleza de código abierto del proyecto, en lugar de la naturaleza de comunidad del proyecto. Después de una intensa discusión (http://red1.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9 ... sc&start=0) se decidió separarse de Compiere y dar nacimiento al proyecto Adempiere.

El nombre del proyecto proviene de una palabra Italiana, la cual significa “satisfacer” pero con un contexto adicional de “completar, alcanzar, practicar, realizar las tareas de, o liberar, también significa dar honor, respetar”, lo cual fue considerado sumamente apropiado con lo que el proyecto pretende lograr.

Al ser un proyecto basado en la comunidad todos tienen el derecho de emitir su opinión y de hecho es algo que se promueve activamente. Sin embargo, para fines prácticos, el proyecto está guiado por un consejo de contribuidores, lidereado por Red1. El rol del consejo es:

respaldar las decisiones del lider
aceptar aportaciones
definir el plan a seguir
revisar y aprobar especificaciones
votar para nuevas funcionalidades
aprobar cambios a la base

Metas de este proyecto
La meta del proyecto Adempiere es la creación de una comunidad que desarrolle y soporte una solución de código abierto para negocios. La comunidad cree que el mejor método para lograr esta meta es instaurando un bazar, tomando como base el famoso artículo de Eric Raymond: La Catedral y el Bazar. Este compromiso hacia la comunidad es lo que distingue a Adempiere de otros proyectos que desarrollan soluciones similares de negocios. Estos ideales son expresados y enriquecidos en el Capitulo del proyecto, escrito actualmente por el consejo.

Funcionalidad de Negocios de Adempiere
Las siguientes áreas de negocio son cubiertas por la aplicación Adempiere

Administración Planeación de Recursos (ERP)
Administración de la Cadena de Suministro (SCM)
Administración de la Relación con los Clientes (CRM)
Análisis del Desempeño Financiero
Solución Integrada de Punto de Venta (POS)
Tienda Web Integrada

Arquitectura Adempiere
Adempiere heredó el diccionario de aplicación del proyecto Compiere™. Esta arquitectura facilita la extensión de la base de datos del diccionario de datos de la aplicación, lo cual a su vez, hace posible la administración de entidades, reglas de validación, así como el formato de pantalla y la lógica de despliegue sean controlados dentro de la misma aplicación. Se utiliza una maquina de flujos de trabajo basada en los estándares WFMC y OMG para proveer de la administración de procesos de negocios. Estas características permiten una rápida modificación de la aplicación a medida que las necesidades de un negocio van evolucionando.

Tecnología Adempiere
Adempiere está desarrollado con tecnología J2EE, especificamente utiliza el servidor de aplicaciones JBOSS. Actualmente el soporte de bases de datos está restringido a Oracle y PostgreSQL, no obstante, la independencia de la base de datos es una meta prioritaria para el proyecto.

Best Regards
moyses

wiki spanish translation

Postby croo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:18 am

i looked at doing this but I think you need to login to wikipedia in spanish... but as a non-spanish speaker I could not then follow the instructions to add it :-) doh!
I think we need a spanish speaker to add it in!

colin
croo
Regular

Google

Postby globalqss » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Wow, I'm impressed that we're fourth on google search of adempiere word.

But now I want adempiere project appears first on google :-)

The most important thing we need to do to achieve that, is to put a link to the project site on all the sites we manage.

I'm going to do that now on http://globalqss.com
Please do the same on your sites and probably soon we're going to appear first there.

If you have blogs, please put a link on blog, this is another measure to rank pages from google.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz
globalqss
Senior

Postby armen » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:43 pm

Hi, I'm Armen from Jakarta, Indonesia. Red1, Victor, Trifon, and all, I congratulate you for having brave to take this major step. I knew it from the beginning, that someday Compiere will have to face this.

Our company has been sponsoring Compiere localization project for Indonesia for these couple years (sourceforge.net/project/starprise).
How do I help Adempiere ? I have lots of Compiere enhancements that may be applicable worldwide.

Regards,

Armen
www.goodwill.co.id
Goodwill Consulting
Jakarta, Indonesia
armen

Postby StevenK » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:43 pm

Hello all!
I have posted some comparisons on the available Wikies is the other discussion, and i wouldn't like to cross-post
http://red1.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=931&start=100
Maybe the TikiWiki would be suitable?

Regards,
StevenK
StevenK

Re: wiki spanish translation

Postby afalcone » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:58 pm

croo wrote:

i looked at doing this but I think you need to login to wikipedia in spanish... but as a non-spanish speaker I could not then follow the instructions to add it :-) doh!
I think we need a spanish speaker to add it in!

colin

Well, its done!

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adempiere

Regards

Alejandro
afalcone
Regular

Postby vpj-cd » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:12 am

Hi everybody, the forums are ready in sf project, please lets move and participate there.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=176962

Do you have any suggestion to add a forum, please let me know.

Regards
Victor
vpj-cd

Postby red1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Thanks to MDSahni's suggestion
mdshani wrote:AdempiereForge [Red maybe we should buy this domain as well]
I have asked Trifon and he bought the first one for the community.
red1
Site Admin

Postby mdsahni » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:43 pm

HI Guys,

Lot has been happening and all so fast. I just wanna make sure we don't do wrong things in haste as far as online activities [discussion posting, blogs, etc].

So for that reason we are setting up a website will all the features, as I mentioned on a post above for sitemap. Beside the general info the important things are:

Forums - I suggest, we should have all at one place that is adempiere.org [And we can import all the existing discussion from the red1 forum to it also if you propose]

Blogs - Will be available for all the council members [and other contributors if required] to do their posting at adempiere.org

Wiki - Posting at Wikipedia is already done [though we guys can add in multiple languages], but the real purpose of wiki is to do collaborative documentation and for that we are setting up our own wiki on adempiere.org that will be up in couple of days form now and then we can all start contributing there.

Forge - What we also suugesting is to setup our own AdempiereForge, so that we can have all the Adempiere and related projects development at one central location and you should look forward to our own forge at adempiere.org.

Need your views and inputs!!

Regards,
Deep
mdsahni

Return to Open Forum