[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Debate - Has Compiere Become Closed? Do We Fork? How?

Debate - Has Compiere Become Closed? Do We Fork? How?

Create your own tidbits here. Drinks on the house. Ash-trays provided.

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:53 am

red1
Site Admin

Postby afalcone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:26 am

afalcone
Regular

Postby vpj-cd » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:50 am

Adempieres :D

Red1 i cant login to the Adempiere Ftp, i temporarly upload it here, can you download it and put it on the site?

Victor
vpj-cd

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 am

We now have the www.adempiere.org domain name with email service. I would like to assign to the contributors of source code their email ids such as alfacone@adempiere.org with pass "adempiere" where u can change when u login to http://mail.adempiere.org/ with your email id and that pass.

So pls give me your prefered email id names. I will also do forwarding to your common mailbox so that u need not open that mail often and only for housecleaning. So pls give your forwarding email address also.
red1
Site Admin

Postby vpj-cd » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:10 am

Hi Red1 , my email is victor.perez@e-evolution.comand i want my user id to be victor.perez@adempiere.org.

Regards
Victor
vpj-cd

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:22 am

Email for victor.perez done. Forwarder also done.
red1
Site Admin

Postby afalcone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:44 am

Hi again,

I think that the council, in this first phase should establish a initial roadmap and determine the technical aspects of the project.

In the second phase, i means with the proyect in movement and with a inicial roadmap established, could be a good way that we divide the council in two:

One for Functional aspects: they will receive the functional request of the community, approve (or not) them and determinate the priority of them.

Other for technical: They will be the responsible to define the technical issues, in order to carrying ahead the implementation of the functionalities approved by the first committee.

Both them should receive the contributions, analyze them (functional and technical aspects); both should be coordinated by the leader. (Good luck Red1! :wink: )

I think that in this way, we can lighten the work of all, and very important, permit that each one to be concentrate on specific tasks.

What do you think about this?

Regards

Alejandro
afalcone
Regular

Postby rvergara » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:47 am

I agree with this, however this only shows that we need to progress the project charter rapidly. A wiki is going to be set (i understand a wiki is on its way) for this purpose.

Ramiro
Last edited by rvergara on Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
rvergara

Postby misoz » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:50 am

Hi all,
I just have to say, you gave me new believe that I didn't waste last year studying Compiere code and "documentation". You showed me the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

At this moment as a junior Compiere consultant I will just follow closely your discussion and hope later will find some way how to use my 10 years experience in ERP development to good of a community.

Kind regards,
Miso.
misoz

Postby vpj-cd » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:52 am

Hi Adempieres.

I just modify the roadmap document with all the discussed here:

Red1: is there a way to add this roadmap to a wiki so everybody can work on this ?

Regards
Victor
vpj-cd

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:01 am

red1
Site Admin

Postby afalcone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:16 am

afalcone
Regular

Postby globalqss » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:47 am

globalqss
Senior

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:18 am

red1
Site Admin

Postby moyses » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:25 am

moyses

Postby li_speedyg » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:48 am

Thanks,
gg
li_speedyg

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:20 am

red1
Site Admin

About Jorg's post

Postby globalqss » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:10 am

globalqss
Senior

Postby AlexD » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:21 am

AlexD

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:54 am

red1
Site Admin

Postby vpj-cd » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:09 pm

vpj-cd

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:16 pm

red1
Site Admin

Postby vpj-cd » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:42 pm

vpj-cd

Postby StevenK » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Red1,
I think that the Wikipedia is right in not letting create an entry for Adempiere. The project is still in its infancy, and who would have put something so new in an encyclopedia? When the project has its own site, forums etc, and made a name for itself on the outside world, noone will object. It is just too early for Wikipedia. Lets set up owr own Wiki on Adempiere.org. I was searching for a Wiki for my own company anyway - i will post some more on this on monday, when i get back to the office.
What infrastructure is available to support a WIKI in Adempiere.org (database etc)?

Victor,
On the licencing, the next Compiere GPL version is supposed to have a drammatically reduced functionality, ie:
1 language
1 client
1 warehouse
and restrictions on the max users, products and invoice lines (not that much significant)
It seems to me that these restrictions are much more important than the GPL licence - maybe an older version with full functionality and mozilla licence would be more suitable ?

Regards,
StevenK
StevenK

Postby red1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:47 pm

Thanks for the great info StevenK!

I use ISP hosting services of www.exabytes.com.my which gives 5 g space, MySQL DB, PhpAdmin, ruby service etc. I may work at getting a dedicated server when situation warrants. We alos welcome mirror sites to host our services and portals.

I look forward to u taking away the WIKI homework ;) We are ready to role with ppl like u on board!

Thanks for keeping us abreast of licensing (rumours?). It will certainly be a pity if that is true. This lock-out behaviour will prove Compiere's ondoing. It will open the field to the Carribean folks.
red1
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum