MONDRIAN CHALLENGE

Create your own tidbits here. Drinks on the house. Ash-trays provided.

MONDRIAN CHALLENGE

Postby red1 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:34 am

Hi guys/gals! :P
I may be a bit quiet, these few days due to a deluge of learning curves. The one that i m presently working on is really getting on my idiotic nerves, which is a killer. U ppl probably heard about GEMOLAP or MONDRIAN OLAP tool where u can drill into Compiere's database and produce CrystalReport kinda reporting and analysis or datamining.
Well i have been setting up the works, Tomcat, JPivot, et al in my pc, and still stuck getting the JDBC connection right. Its adrenalin and if any of u wana learn and join in the fun, write here, and i will pass u some tasks. Anyway just to tell u, the task at hand is to figure out how to put a single connection config somewhere without been all over the place. There is a hard coded query *.jsp which must be zilched and leave to the pivot-tags.tld to pass the Oracle jdbc url on... Then we have to learn up the Schema... then we will publish for the world to see and remove the KNOW-KNOW*NOT GAP! :)
red1
Site Admin

Postby red1 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:23 pm

It seems that the ppl in GEMOLAP, Mondrian or JPivot are not 100% synchronised for Compiere :( its ok and expected as they put up very good effort.
We need to tweak and play around with their versions, as each may not go with the other easily.

On GEMOLAP trial we can proof a database connection but their FieldString names are suspected to be out. Still struggling :?
red1
Site Admin

Hi, just notice U are A Mondrian OLAP user. Need Some advice

Postby datdat » Mon May 30, 2005 11:53 am

Hi Redhuan, its a relief when knowing U used OLAP before.
I'm new with the Mondrian OLAP (well actually with OLAP/Data Mining itself) and the Java environment. I'tried to install Mondrian following the manual and instruction given and there seems to be so much errors. These errors came out like this:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: opt.mondrian-1.1.5.test.loader.MondrianFoodLoader.class
at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at __gcj_personality_v0 (/opt/mondrian-1.1.5/java.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/jre)
at __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc-2.3.3.so)
at _Jv_RegisterClasses (/opt/mondrian-1.1.5/java.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/jre)

I used Fedora 3, and mondrian 1.1.5, mysql connector 3.1.8. and j2sdk 1.4.2. Database foodmart has been created. What sort of problem actually do I facing here? Did I miss some other setup before doing this installlation? Thanks for any help from you.Bye
-Dat.
LAPuOL
datdat

Return to Open Forum