Account based Compiere Implementation

Create your own tidbits here. Drinks on the house. Ash-trays provided.

Account based Compiere Implementation

Postby AndyRendle » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:37 pm

My product is sms messages. I wish to sell them in groups of 1000 and then each time one is used I want to decrement the number remaining and send reorder reminders at specific intervals and then stop messages being sent when the account is empty.

Has anyone got any ideas or info on how to do this with compiere.

I now need to set up compiere to allow this kind of business model I can program in Java and have a vague idea on creating menu's, screens and tables. But without more knowledge I don't know where the configuration stops and the Java begins.

I hope somebody can help

Regards

Andy
Andrew Rendle
Team QuickSilver Software
AndyRendle

Postby lofx » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:06 pm

Hi!!

i think you posed three different issues here;

I wish to sell them in groups of 1000 and then each time one is used I want to decrement the number remaining;

this is the most difficult one; in principle this could be done via assets, that is, products that are tracked individually, but i guess you would have to inegrate your own tool to control when this sms is sent. assets would be then downloaded or "used"when the external tool would tell compiere so.

and send reorder reminders at specific intervals

can be done via crm and send emails with a mail template.

and then stop messages being sent when the account is empty
alerts, that can be used as well to control the reorder reminders.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Postby AndyRendle » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:33 pm

Thanks for the reply, its moved us a little further. We have created a session bean that performs Compiere processes on line so that external events can be handled.

I have looked at assets and they look like a way foward, but how do we sell them. I presume I create an asset against a client when a product is sold. How would this be done? Also, I am presuming there is no existing functionality available for consuming assets?

We also need to decrement the assets we have purchased from our supplier for reordering purposes. I am hoping that we do it in exactly the same way by creating a client of our supplier and making them a business partner etc.

Many thanks :?

Andy
Andrew Rendle
AndyRendle

Postby moyses » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:39 pm

Hi AndyRendle!

I am not a Compiere guru, but seems that some of your requeriments are covered already with the Asset functionality. Have you purchased the user manual? if you don't please do it! that's my humble suggestion, it will help you a lot to understand what's the compiere functionality (even tough sometimes it mentions funtionality that is not currently working in Compiere).

Best Regards!
moyses

Postby AndyRendle » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:17 pm

Thanks Moyses

I have got a user guide, it may be a little out of date. I will read it again now I have some specific requirements.

Best wishes

Andy
Andrew Rendle
AndyRendle

Postby red1 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:20 am

Hi Andy,
Thanks for joining and signing :)

Wonder whether u have figured where the configuring stops and the Java stitching begins. It was written quite a bit in the tutorials and in http://compilo.sourceforge.net/

Basically in your case above, u have to maximise the reuse of Compiere's structure.

1) To be in group of 1000 u can either use BOM or Unit Of Measure, where 1 pack = 1000 units. I prefer u to use UOM cos i havent and i like to see some1 else go ohoh! and argh! instead of me :)

2) To decrement u should use the locator warehouse structure, where as the item is ordered, the qty available is 'shipped out' and depletes.

Hmm, it seems hardly any coding at all :lol:

If u can confirm how u really make it work, i can then move this thread to Reality Strikes.

have a nice day.
red1
red1
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum