Compiere Replication Setup

Create your own tidbits here. Drinks on the house. Ash-trays provided.

Compiere Replication Setup

Postby aranjha » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:59 pm

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience with setting up remote replication targets using Replication Setup in Compiere. I setup the replication strategy and replication target by following the step by step instructions given in the Replication Setup workflow. But, when starting the Replication Run it seems to fail with an error stating that the system is not setup for replication.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Asim
aranjha

Postby andrey » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:16 pm

aranjha,

We have tried it a while ago (in 2.5.1c). Simply said - it just does not work. Don't waste your time and effort. I guess that is one of the things that are there just for the feature list sake.

And, by the way, you cannot evaluate Replication if you do not have a 1500 USD support contract with ComPiere Inc. If you trace the code you will see that replication part connects to compiere migration service, as it uses that mechanism for integrity check (guess) and who knows what else. Well, we do have support contract, and we do need replication for our application. That's how we learnt that you simply cannot reply on Compiere for that part. Maybe in some future point of time it will be developed...

Hope that helps!
Andrey.
andrey

Postby bviktor » Mon May 30, 2005 9:46 pm

Hi aranjha!

andrey wrote:aranjha,
... and we do need replication for our application.

And how did you done it finaly? We need that, too, and without the contract We couldn't test is, now we have contract, and Jorg says it's not support it. Too bad... I'm trying to debug now, how he did imagine the world.

Did anybody had experiences with? I mean positive! Or has some documents about?

Thanks!
bviktor

Return to Open Forum