InfoGeneral Question

For those who ventured too far - just hope they know their way back :)

Moderator: neilg

InfoGeneral Question

Postby hany » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:45 pm

Hi Red1,

i have an issue that general search (used for new objects of the system) expects that the new object should have at least one field of type String. It uses string fields in loading filter fields (in the above of the table) dynamically. The problem is that my new table (or object) has no field of type String so the general search fails in displaying records of this object.

please advice, is there any workaround for this problem without adding new string field in my table. :?: :?: :?:

Many thanks in advance
Hany
hany

Postby red1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:06 am

Where does this happen in Compiere? Which java class u refering to?

I can solve such a problem (if its java issue) by declaring all as strings but convert them programmatically within a java class to another object datatype i.e. new Integer, new Float, etc.

But if this is not a Compiere issue, i m sorry ... i have to delete this thread. There are already lots of java support elsewhere and i wana maintain this place compact :D Hope u understand. Or else give Compiere related info then i can tell.
red1
Site Admin

Postby hany » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:26 pm

Hi red1,

yes it is compiere related issue. specifically, it exists in class org.compiere.apps.search.InfoGeneral.

it looks for the String fields of the compiere table to put them as text fields the north of the search screen.

the search screen is a tool similar to that appear when you click order, invoice, payment Info from the main menu bar under "View" menu.

waiting for your reply
Hany
hany

Return to Strictly Technical