howto Modify the demo client GardenWorld (customering it)

For those who ventured too far - just hope they know their way back :)

Moderator: neilg

howto Modify the demo client GardenWorld (customering it)

Postby Rapidou » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:42 am

hi all,

I want to modify the GardenWorld Client the Demo client that compiere offer, i want to customer it to have my own GardenWorld for the next Install, with my own curency and account element ....

wich file, calass, xml file ... contain those settings
i mad a search with eclipse in all the Compiere project Source, but "nada" nothing

any 1 have an idea :?:

thank u for u help :wink:

Rapidou

Postby afalcone » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:06 am

Hi Rapidou,

All GardenWorld's datas are in the compiere.dmp file and they are imported when you execute the script RUN_importcompiere.

I'm not sure, but I believe that you will not find anything (no encontrará nada :wink: ) in the Eclipse.

Regards
afalcone
Regular

Postby Rapidou » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:44 am

Hi afalcone,

thank u for ur interest and sory for ur Fotball team :cry: i was thinking that they will win the world Cup but they have no luck :cry:

duno if what i'll say is correct but i think that the "compiere.dmp" is mad after compilation so the files that make "compiere.dmp" must exist somewhere in the source dont u think :?:

i was saying to my self that i can change those files and make a compilation, and next time when i'll install Compiere (using RUN_importcompiere that use "Compiere.dmp" )
i'll find a demo GardenWorld Client with my new setting my new account elemnts and curency and ......
Rapidou

Postby red1 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:04 am

Such setup info are in the www.compiere.org wite for initial setup.

The accounts elements are in an excel table, that is kept in the Data folder of the Compiere2.

This excel has fixed default accounts, but u can change all the elements arrangements and numbers.

Not sure what u wana change really.

But u shuld get hold of the user manual (have to buy from www.compiere.org) and it explains the basis for u .. and then only can u try to think further about changes.
red1
Site Admin

Postby Rapidou » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi red1

In the setup after runing the import script when i login for the first time, i'll find a demo client "GardenWorld" with a demo data (Products, buisness partner .......)

what i want to do is, to find the Script or the class or the excel or XML file that contains those data (the demo data) :?:

where can i find the scipts Sql (create a client Garden World , populate it with some products,populate it with some partner .... create account element) executed during the setup

thank u for ur interest :wink:
Rapidou

Postby afalcone » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:35 pm

Hi rapidou,

Are you sure that the compiere.dmp is made after compilation?
I was seeing that the date's file wasn't modified after compilation (in my case the date is 2005/10/28 - Ver. 253a), while the compilation's date is 2006/04/19.

I'm not sure that those datas are in this file, but I believe that are there.

Thanks by your concepts on our football's team; I also believe that they lacked a little luck. We should expect to the 2010 now. 8)

Regards

Alejandro
afalcone
Regular

Postby red1 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:33 am

The compiere dump is not created after setup. Its imported at initial setup and is already there, done by Compiere Inc itself as a starter DB.

When u made changes, u do a DBExport into a ExpDat.dmp. It will automatically timestamp for u each dump i.e. ExpDat10 if u did it on the 10th of the month.

Thus there is no data insert scripts for the initial Compiere.dmp.

If u wana change the setup and port such changes from case to case, then u better study either Trifon's XML2AD improvement of Compilo or Robert Klein's POPI at the Contributor's Corner in our forums.
red1
Site Admin

Postby Rapidou » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi,

tanks Alejandro and i hope that u'll have more luck in 2010

thanks red1 for ur answer it's more clear now :wink:

but i'll try to explain u somthing and i hope that u'll help me:
i was loocking for this "script", to unserstand how he create the folders or the account summary for the account element:

when i create a new client using accountingUS.csv than i go to see the element value imported they are not like those given by default with GardenWorld

[Assets]
| |
| [Cash]
| | |
| | * Cheking Account
| | * Cheking in transfert
| [Accounts Receivable]
| [Inventory]
|
[Liabilities]
[Owner's Equity/Net Worth]

he just show me :

[Client element value]
|
*Product Expense
*Not invoiced receivables
*Inventory Shrinkage
*Unrealized gain

(only who have a Default account)

any idea how to have them like those of GardenWolrd with summary, folders and sub folder ...

thank u again
Rapidou

Postby afalcone » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:32 am

Hi rapidou,

any idea how to have them like those of GardenWolrd with summary, folders and sub folder ...

The account's hierarchy (with the parent/child relationships) is made when you Import the Account (General Rules -> Data -> Data Import -> Import File Loader).

The "Initial Client Setup" loads just the default accounts.

Regards

Alejandro
afalcone
Regular

Postby red1 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:20 am

when u make new accouns.csv... its not for GardenWorld... u have to create a completely new client for that csv. The GardenWorld is already a client and has its own csv already imported.

U would have notice this if u follow the New Client Setup Workflow from the main menu or the User Manual purchaseable from www.compire.org.

This forum only provide further information and based on members projects work and not setup or commercial information already given by the above.
red1
Site Admin

Postby Rapidou » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:48 pm

:?
ok it's clear now
thank u red1
Rapidou

Postby Rapidou » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi Alejandro,

am sory :oops: ,i didn't c ur replay but that's what i was looking for
relay thank u very much :wink:
Rapidou

Postby afalcone » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi Rapidou

You are welcome. I'm happy to have been able to help you.

regards
afalcone
Regular

Return to Strictly Technical