[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Crystal Reports with Compiere ??

Crystal Reports with Compiere ??

For those who ventured too far - just hope they know their way back :)

Moderator: neilg

Crystal Reports with Compiere ??

Postby samjoshi26 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me if it is posssible to integrate Crytal Reports with

Compiere ? I dont find much documentation on this topic and neither

has any member talked about it.

I hope I have asked this question in the correct domain of red1.org

Waiting for valuable inputs

samjoshi26
winners never quit. Quitters never win !!
samjoshi26

Worthwhile...

Postby neilg » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:02 am

I think this is a very worthwhile effort since crystal reports is the best commercial reporting tool I've worked with and years ahead of anything we have in open source.

Best thing you could do for your compiere project is to use crystal.

The problem is not really how do you integrate it with Compiere as far as I understand. If you wish to do that you can look at the RusReporter class and adapt it to call external code. I think that class is in compilo.

The problem is how do crystal intend distributing reports to workstations. Since ver 7 the compiled (to exe) feature was discontinued and removed completely since ver 9. If it is in the web browser then fine you open the web browser with the URL in the right place in the rusreporter class. If it is exe you just run the exe.

If you could explain their strategy to me it would also inform me.

Thanks
neilg
Regular

Postby samjoshi26 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Thanks neilg for the reply.

I am a novice as far as reporting is concerned and hence I am looking for

for some advice from people like you. I have integrated JasperReports

sucessfully but crystal reports is the choice of our company.

pls can you provide me some documentation on crystal report integration ?

regards,

samjoshi26
winners never quit. Quitters never win !!
samjoshi26

Documentation for crystal reports integration

Postby neilg » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:21 am

Sorry no such luck.

I could write such an integration for you which would be fully documented with best practices employed for a reasonable fee.

However you free to ask me any question you like if I can answer I will. If your customer is willing to buy crystal please don't consider dropping it as a reporting tool. (In fact compiere should do a deal with crystal :) ) A whole dimension of Compiere will be covered from every angle.

People in the java/open source world I've found don't like crystal much (my personal experience) because it is not java. Doesn't make any difference as long as your platform is win32. There might also be options available for Linux.

I have 10 years experience as a crystal reports developer/integrator.
neilg
Regular

Return to Strictly Technical