Document Process Workflow - Requisition

Ouch!! Open Source ERP & Compiere beginners WILL have Teething Pains. This is where you rumbled thru like Rasputin, cry like a babe, and grin like a chimp! :D

Moderators: lofx, neilg, moyses, hema

Document Process Workflow - Requisition

Postby sam24368 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:26 pm

We have installed Compiere 2.5.3a recently and are just going through the functions with the help of compiere user manual.

In the example for Document Process Workflow (page 27), we are able to enter a requistion from GardenUser and 'complete' it. Given the requisition has items worth more than 100$, it's Doc status is 'in Progress' and Message Text shows 'suspended', as given in Manual.

However, This requistion is not listed in the work flow activities of GardenAdmin.

On checking further, in the 'Activity' Tab of Workflow window, the Node field is listed as 'Process requisition'. (whereas it should be 'Requisition Approval' as per the manual)

We also checked the Workflow 'Process_Requisition' using Workflow editor, and the displayed diagram does not contain anything named "Requistion Approval'.. (it has 5 nos of 'Process Requisition', one 'open requiistions report' and one 'verify completed requistions window' )

What should we do ?

Thanks in Advance.
sam24368

Technical doc available

Postby neilg » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:15 am

There is a document on http://www.knowledgesuccess.com which is the first draft of a developer's guide into workflow. Perhaps you will find it useful. It is a very rough cut :)
neilg
Regular

Work Flow Doc

Postby sam24368 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:37 am

Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for this. We have downloaded this and the doc on GL

Your work much appreciated, as we can not afford Compiere training. Without the ability to create workflows, we wouldn't be able to approach our clients.

We respect and value the efforts of people like you, Red1 and Trifon, who are willing to share their in depth knowledge for no commercial benefits.
sam24368

Postby trifon » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:35 am

Hi sam24368,

please i want some commercial benefits .......

I have a wife and i need money in order to live.... my wife too......

I like helping people, but in last months i feel tyred and with lost williness to help. In fact last weeks i wonder many time why i help for free and why i steel work as a freelancer??? and i still do not have good answer...
probably soon you i will shift to commercial software :(

AS you can see i started offering Compiere + Oracle XE.
here i have to share my benfints with Red1 as i'm using this forum for advertisement...

P.S. Red1 till now my benefints from Oracle XE + Compiere are 0.0 USD so i can't offer you much...

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Postby red1 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:06 am

Correction SamJoshi... there IS commercial benefit.. .which is free advertising... it has been giving me jobs... slowly but surely... and getting bigger.. and Trifon... i will be getting more and paying u soon :D .. hang on brother! Dont give up... i had a similar hard time for years and still owe the banks alot of money... So just know this... your name is on top of my head.

(Just that u MUST only offer PAST info free, not FUTURE info, as its People Time, which is NOT free. Thats what i do. I tell every1 this, to all my prospects and customers. They agree and do pay me)
red1
Site Admin

Commercial Benefits

Postby sam24368 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi Trifon,

Understood your point.

What if we ask you to do extra functional modules for compiere? For eg., Pay Roll. We can give you a description document on what we need.

How much will you charge for your work , let us say, on a Man-day basis. You can consider two ways of doing this. One) You do the entire work Two) You guide our staff & clarify their doubts via mail, ie., you being a technical consultant to us.

Pls treat this as for info only, at this moment. These enquiries may take time to reach the point of a business requirement (ie where money can be made), as we are in the initial stages.
sam24368

Work Flow

Postby sam24368 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi,

We have been attempting the tasks in the doc 'NTier Workflow Review' by NeilG. we have come up to 'window details - fields of interest' (Fig 3.4, page 7).

Our field tab lists 'some times' 8036 records. and 'some times' just 3. (some times : after entering the details in 'window tab' and then each time we just switch between 'window' and 'field' tabs)

Is this a normal behaviour ? Thanks in Advance
sam24368

Work flow

Postby sam24368 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:14 pm

Hi

We have crossed the above raised issue, by filling up the tab 'tab'
Thanks
sam24368

Postby red1 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:32 am

yes, if the following tab suddenly shows all records its because it has gone there without the parent link filter. Thus going thru intermediate tabs seems to get that.

Otherwise make sure that the parent indexing link is present i.e. for Orderlines its C_Order_ID.
red1
Site Admin

Re: Commercial Benefits

Postby trifon » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:56 am

sam24368 wrote:Hi Trifon,

Understood your point.

What if we ask you to do extra functional modules for compiere? For eg., Pay Roll. We can give you a description document on what we need.

How much will you charge for your work , let us say, on a Man-day basis. You can consider two ways of doing this. One) You do the entire work Two) You guide our staff & clarify their doubts via mail, ie., you being a technical consultant to us.

Pls treat this as for info only, at this moment. These enquiries may take time to reach the point of a business requirement (ie where money can be made), as we are in the initial stages.

Hi,

I charge 10 USD/hour, which makes 80 USD/day.

If you send me your requirements i can tell you for free time and a price for any customization concerning Compiere.

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Extension / Customisation

Postby sam24368 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi Trifon,

We are preparing a doc for you giving requirements on Payroll. pls provide your email id.

regds
sam24368

Postby trifon » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi,

My email is trifonnt yahoo com

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Re: Work Flow Doc

Postby neilg » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:34 pm

Thanks for your words of appreciation they are valued much.

sam24368 wrote:Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for this. We have downloaded this and the doc on GL

Your work much appreciated, as we can not afford Compiere training. Without the ability to create workflows, we wouldn't be able to approach our clients.

We respect and value the efforts of people like you, Red1 and Trifon, who are willing to share their in depth knowledge for no commercial benefits.
neilg
Regular

Postby sam24368 » Wed May 03, 2006 12:47 am

Hi Neil,

With the help of your doc N-Tier Workflow, we could make the 'Requisition' Document Process Workflow work exeactly as given in Compiere User manual.

However, every time we reboot the system (Win XP + Oracle 10g + Compiere), the Workflow does not process beyond approval.. (Admin is able to approve, but user is not able to verify)...

We have tried Cache reset at the time of modifying workflow.. but still same problem...

How to solve this

Regards
sam24368

Sorry no reply

Postby neilg » Mon May 08, 2006 6:48 am

Make sure the workflow window has been refreshed . Otherwise sorry no answer.
neilg
Regular

Return to Growing Pains