[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
From Flames To Fork, Comes Freedom • View topic - Creating New Window-Fields

Creating New Window-Fields

Ouch!! Open Source ERP & Compiere beginners WILL have Teething Pains. This is where you rumbled thru like Rasputin, cry like a babe, and grin like a chimp! :D

Moderators: lofx, neilg, moyses, hema

Creating New Window-Fields

Postby bungie » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:48 pm

Hello everyone!

Total newbie here-- looks like Compiere is going to earn me many white hairs :p I've got a lot of questions, but here's one to start:

I created a new window, and then a new tab for the window, and then 'create fields from DB' for the tab. Then I unchecked 'displayed' for some of the fields... and the next time I looked, the fields had been *removed* from the tab. Is this by design, or am I doing something wrong?

Right now I've worked around the problem by leaving 'displayed' checked, and setting the display logic to "1=2"
bungie

Postby new_soft » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:58 pm

Hi,
Try to synchronize with database, YOU must click on the button "Synchronize..." in the bottom of the window, otherwise changes will not be made and you cannot see you fields
Best Regards,

Khaled Najeh.
new_soft

Postby bungie » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:28 pm

Hello new_soft, thanks for the quick reply. But I seem to be missing something-- I can't find a 'synchronize' button anywhere

I did some more experimenting though-- unchecked 'displayed' for a few fields, clicked the 'save' icon, and then 'refresh'. Sure enough, the fields I unchecked were gone completely... does this mean that 'displayed' is a synonym for 'included in tab'? It seems a bit misleading, I'd expect that fields not displayed would be hidden, instead of removed
bungie

Postby red1 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:06 am

red1
Site Admin

Postby bungie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:46 am

bungie

Postby red1 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:08 pm

red1
Site Admin

Postby bungie » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:20 am

bungie

Postby red1 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:23 pm

red1
Site Admin

Postby bungie » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:09 pm

Did some more experimenting, but didn't quite get to the bottom of this issue yet... now I've another question :p

Now I have to figure out workflows, and it's giving me real trouble. The workflow I'm creating is supposed to trigger when a certain record type has RECORD_STATUS = 2 and WORKFLOW_STARTED = 'N'. The first node of my workflow does a 'Set Variable' and changes WORKFLOW_STARTED to 'Y', to prevent an infinite number of workflows from being triggered. The problem is, instead of going to the next node, the workflow ends right there with a status of 'Completed'. There aren't any conditions for the transition to the second node, so the first node should always go to the second, but this doesn't seem to be happening.

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? (If there's any important information about the problem that I've left out, just tell me)

[edit] Oops, never mind-- sorry. :) It seems that Mr. Janke has come over to help us out, we'll ask him instead
bungie

Postby bungie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:10 pm

bungie

Return to Growing Pains