Problem in material return

Ouch!! Open Source ERP & Compiere beginners WILL have Teething Pains. This is where you rumbled thru like Rasputin, cry like a babe, and grin like a chimp! :D

Moderators: lofx, neilg, moyses, hema

Problem in material return

Postby prathibha » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:45 pm

Hi red1, :o

In the sales order there is an option for 'material return' in the target document type
Using this document type I have created and completed another sale order saying that 50 items are returned .I perfomed shipment(customer) but I am not able to complete the shipment.
Even in the stock the items does not add by 50(material which is returned) but it gets reduced by 50.should I need to perform shipment or receipt to adjust the stock for material returns?
Regards
prathibha

Postby lofx » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:56 pm

Hi!!!

As remarked somewhere else, you need a new document type based in material receipt but marked as sales order, so that you can process it from the normal sales transaction.
This way, the stock will be added, even if it is a sales transaction.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
lofx
Regular

Postby prathibha » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:43 pm

Thanks for your reply
I have solved the problem by using MM shipment return in Shipment screen.The Shipment of the returned items will be in progress until I confirm it using Ship Receipt
Confirm.Clicking on complete button after confirmation changes the document status from In progress to Complete.
Then the returned quantitiy gets added to the stock.

My doubt again is how can the sale order be linked to the Invoice(customer).Is it just the order reference field in Invoice?
when the invoice is created as document type Credit Memo how do we link it to the sale order ?

thanks
prathibha

Return to Growing Pains