Blanket Sales Order

Ouch!! Open Source ERP & Compiere beginners WILL have Teething Pains. This is where you rumbled thru like Rasputin, cry like a babe, and grin like a chimp! :D

Moderators: lofx, neilg, moyses, hema

Blanket Sales Order

Postby Stivo » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:57 pm

Hi I have a stituation with Compiere

I need to create a blanket Sales Order in which a customer place a huge order for the full year, and we are supposed to provide multiple shipments and invoices from that single sales order.

pls. help ....

Thanks
Stivo

Postby trifon » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:17 pm

Hi,

This is easy with Copiere.
Create "Sales Order", Set Invoice Rule = "After Delivery", Set Delivery Rule = "Availability", Set proper product and quantityies, Complete Order.

After that you will be able to create many Shipment (Customer).
And generate invoice for each Shipment with "Generate Invoice (manul)".

Try it and tell what is the result.

Regards,
Trifon
Trifon Trifonov
trifon
Senior

Postby red1 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:41 am

You can also use Project (order) which u plan all your items to be delivered for that whole year to the client. Then u can generate partial Work Orders (from POs) to your internal supply or external vendors in stages.
As those items are delivered u can issue them to respective projects to keep track from project to project basis.
There are various reporting printouts already available in Compiere such as Project Lines not ordered, or not issued that gives u good visibility and manageability that u wanted.
red1
Site Admin

Postby Stivo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:42 am

Thanks for the prompt replies

The difficulties arises as
1. When we want to generate the Invoice, we have to complete the Sales Order, but we still have to let the order open so that the customer can make the changes
2. When we generate the Invoice (manual) the whole HUGE value of the (huge) sales order is invoiced. The customer however will only accept invoice for shipped products (Thus the Invoice should be based on Shipment - not Sales order).

In short the technical question is
1. how to create Invoice based on Shipment (Lines) not based on the Sales Order
2. For a single Sales Order, how to create multiple Invoices

Pls help .....

Many thanks!!!
Stivo

Postby red1 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:19 am

Such a functionality can be configured and customised further based on the Project module... yes... i agree that its the way u described, which is not entirely there... but we find the framework there... for further changes. Thats the idea of Open Source.
red1
Site Admin

Postby Stivo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:39 am

Wow thanks red1, you are very knowledge-able

I have looked through the table designs, actually such frame work has been designed (The Invoice Line table (C_InvoiceLine) is linked to the Shipment Lines (M_InOutLine table) but somehow I cannot see the implementation in the codes ....

Can you be more illustrative on how the frame work is done in Project Orders / Invoices creation & tracking ...

Many thanks,

STIVO
Stivo

Postby red1 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:52 am

It can be done in reverse of the framework given by the Issue PO to Project framework already apparent in Compiere.

Meaning we take the Project Lines and filter which one we want to issue SalesOrder for. Then the Shipment and Invoicing legacy takes over. So this require a field criteria to be tot out and maybe created in the system.

But one legacy field filter can be by time of deilvery, UOM, warehouse location, etc, so as to make it more meaningful to a particular business and minimises denormalisation of the DB.

We here usually write about what we did in course of our tasks. At the moment we are busy with challenging customising work and will publish those after the project. But they are not on this aspect. But i must agree that it has its applications in business.

Hopefully we will get some similar job and then we do publish them its free for OS. Just like what our policy on our doorstep said: http://red1.org/

So if u can contribute some public forum writeups of your business scenario here, its half way doing yourself a favour cos there will be others who continue and contribute back, and we do end up with cost savings.

have a nice day,
back to my private forums :D

red1
red1
Site Admin

Postby Stivo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:21 am

We worked around this by

1. To generate multiple shipment & invoices we complete the ORder and generate, then we re-activate the ORDER. So the ORDER is again open for editing
2. Such work around requires some control to make sure that the data integrity is there. Constraints like: Users cannot reduce the quantity of shipped products ... needs to be in place

Anyway such constraint should also be put into place otherwise ... A hint: such constraint can be done by using SQL

Hope this help ...
STIVO
Stivo

Return to Growing Pains