Arabic language Pack will be for all

For those who got the Open Source fever, sharing only makes you hot!

Moderator: neilg

Arabic language Pack will be for all

Postby new_soft » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:26 pm

Hi Red1's fan,
I just have released my first version of the arabic language pack ( For Tunisia at this moment, For other arabic country it will be roughly the same). This work is'nt completly finished that's why many screens still have the english labels. I try to complete it as soon as possible.

You can view the main menu at this address :
http://kn.atspace.com/compiere/compiereTN.jpg
(Perhaps you have to retype the link in address bar )

Just i want know what procedure that i have to do to upload my xml files ( and other source files ) on the CVS server? I want to have access to the server to upload necessary files, and contribute to our Compiere OS solution.

I'm waiting for any question.

Khaled Najeh
Best Regards,

Khaled Najeh.
new_soft

Postby red1 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:41 am

Salam Aidil Fitri Mubarak Khaled!
I operate my own ftp server, so if u want i can create a dedicated arabic.red1.org for u. Just like i m doing now for spain.red1.org which is still under study and shall be published soon.

But u also have to send to www.compiere.org and write to Jorg Janke so that he put yours as a language pack in all the future compiere versions.
red1
Site Admin

Postby new_soft » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:56 pm

Salam Alaikom Wa Rahmatou allah wa barakatouhou.
Nshallah Aidil Fitr Moubarak Red.
Thank you for the reply, for our arabic.red1.org it will be a nice idea.
Firstly, i have to finish all xml files and the other java source files wich are necessary for the translation. Also we have to do things in the right way : What Neil said in this forum when we want to extend Compiere is very important, so we mus'nt modify compiere source files, and this is very very important to be independant from the future versions of compiere. I have to think more about how extend compiere when we translate it in to arabic : For now, i change directly ( hard-code ) many source files ( to handle RIGHT-TO-LEFT presentation for screens wich are not a part of the AD).

I'm waiting for our arabic.red1.org,

Thank you again Red
Best Regards,

Khaled Najeh.
new_soft

Postby red1 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:31 am

Khaled has been given http://arabic.red1.org to post his arabic translation work in progress there.
Many thanks to Sidi Khaled!
red1
Site Admin

Postby armenrz » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:22 pm

To contribute new language support to ComPiere, Inc require you to be a Compiere Partner. Are you a Partner ?

If not, well you must have a very good luck. I'd been submitting my contributions Bahasa Indonesia support for months. No news about it.
However just at the time it eventually accepted into Compiere core distribution, my contribution was just replaced by a Partner's one. This Partner even asked Jorg to delete mine from CVS server.

I don't blame at anyone here. Just to share the story how this business is working.

Best regards,

Armen
armenrz

Return to Contributor's Corner